Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Set's form a board game? This is Orient Expedition all over again

I hope it’ll be the case that the sets can be put together like Heroica. (Too young to know OE.) I’m not optimistic, though - maybe ‘Journey to the Dungeon’ and ‘Dungeon’ can combine, but the rest all sound like standard overbuild vehicles and animals. Unless they have side builds? Actually that’d be great - remember the TLBM sets with side builds that combined to form a power plant? Imagine if we got something similar with every set containing a chunk of board that can be added to the Dungeon set. Jeez if they did that I actually might buy every set in the line for the first time since Skybound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever the castle is, it sounds promising. More often than not, every building in this theme of recent years have been amazing. An Asian style castle would be fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I hope it’ll be the case that the sets can be put together like Heroica. (Too young to know OE.) I’m not optimistic, though - maybe ‘Journey to the Dungeon’ and ‘Dungeon’ can combine, but the rest all sound like standard overbuild vehicles and animals. Unless they have side builds? Actually that’d be great - remember the TLBM sets with side builds that combined to form a power plant? Imagine if we got something similar with every set containing a chunk of board that can be added to the Dungeon set. Jeez if they did that I actually might buy every set in the line for the first time since Skybound. 

I could see that given the lower than usual 6 regular sets in this wave, literally everything we hear about this wave is tempting me more and more to buy the lot of them and we don't even have pictures yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it ironic how 2020 Ninjago began with the new, futuristic, video game setting and the summer will continue with a mythical, ancient board game aesthetic with villains that sound like the 2011 skullkin mixed with castle. The only problem I have is: how do we get there? If the winter wave is in the video game Prime Empire based on a Ninjago version of space panic, I could see this new wave starting when the Ninja get sucked into a different game based on this new wave (which I guess is a combination of Ghosts and Goblins and The Legend of Zelda.) But if the rumor about the board game is true, why do it right after the arcade wave? If this isn't a DND parody, season 13 will ether take place in the Underworld, or a new relm. We still need proper season 12 episodes though.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Some interesting info I know about the Ninjago summer sets:

-SNIP

From what I’ve seen, this all sounds like it checks out. And (assuming this info is legit) I’m right about every set being able to connect into a big board game? In that case I think I’m going to buy a lot of this subtheme. 

I suspected that there might be cards! I bet the ninjas will have ‘character sheets’, possibly also classes, as well as stats, equipment (no doubt with cards for weapons and items). 

One of the things that makes the most sense to me about this is the idea that this wave will be less focused on Ninjago’s typical Asian vibe and more based on Western fantasy tropes, because of the rumoured ‘Monkie King’ subtheme. This sort of lines up, because if they’re debuting a new Asian-inspired theme, temporarily steering Ninjago away from Asian thematics makes perfect sense to prevent it from getting ‘samey’. 

Is there going to be a secondary sub-wave releasing around October? We had rumours of an April/May release containing four more Prime Empire and Legacy sets, two each. Is this the new normal?

EDIT: Also, as for the Beholder thing, it’s possible that they’ll be only in the show, since we’ve had show stuff that was never in a set quite often and that sounds about right. Also, interesting that they’re doing skeletons again, but I assume these ones are different to the OG 2011 Skellingtons. (Is that right? It’s been like a decade I forget.)

Edited by Feng-huang0296

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, there are going for an "Adventurers Orient Expedition" kind of wave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 7:35 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

From what I’ve seen, this all sounds like it checks out. And (assuming this info is legit) I’m right about every set being able to connect into a big board game? In that case I think I’m going to buy a lot of this subtheme. 

I suspected that there might be cards! I bet the ninjas will have ‘character sheets’, possibly also classes, as well as stats, equipment (no doubt with cards for weapons and items). 

One of the things that makes the most sense to me about this is the idea that this wave will be less focused on Ninjago’s typical Asian vibe and more based on Western fantasy tropes, because of the rumoured ‘Monkie King’ subtheme. This sort of lines up, because if they’re debuting a new Asian-inspired theme, temporarily steering Ninjago away from Asian thematics makes perfect sense to prevent it from getting ‘samey’. 

Is there going to be a secondary sub-wave releasing around October? We had rumours of an April/May release containing four more Prime Empire and Legacy sets, two each. Is this the new normal?

EDIT: Also, as for the Beholder thing, it’s possible that they’ll be only in the show, since we’ve had show stuff that was never in a set quite often and that sounds about right. Also, interesting that they’re doing skeletons again, but I assume these ones are different to the OG 2011 Skellingtons. (Is that right? It’s been like a decade I forget.)

 

 

 

On 1/30/2020 at 7:40 PM, Robert8 said:

So, there are going for an "Adventurers Orient Expedition" kind of wave. 

 

Edited by Harkonen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Some interesting info I know about the Ninjago summer sets:

-Main villains are black skeletons

- The ninjas are trapped into a board game like Dungeons and Dragons 

-Every set can connect to make a big Dungeon 

-Sets will contain cards like in DnD

-There are at least three more sets coming

-More western inspired, less asian and less focus on tehnological vehicles but instead on magical ones

-Cole focus

-Creatures like Beholders appear in the sets(not 100% sure about this one) 

 

Yes, this is shaping up to be the perfect subtheme. Shaking things up with Dangerbuff at the forefront 

3 hours ago, Harkonen said:

The skeletons are very different from the skulkins because they use new armor pieces, the Skull sorcerer uses a new skull head mould. 

Guess it's not Clouse then, Shame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never got Ninjago sets so far, but this gets my attention with the whole connectable dungeons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the prices of the new sets (from the Spanish retailer) match the rest of the sets on that website (the prices are too high). They could be 5€ more or less, but I did some really precise research (note that cheaper sets are easier to adjust):

Spinners are 10€ (all 3, no surprises here).

71703 (4+ Lightning Jet) is 30€.

71704 (Kai's Fighter) is 40€.

71705 (Destiny's Bounty) is 120€ (great value for 1781 pieces).

71717 (Journey to Dungeons) is 30€.

71718 (Wu's Dragon) is 20€.

71719 (Zane's Rhino) is 50€.

71720 (Fire Mech) is 70€.

71721 (Sorcerer's Dragon) is 80€.

71722 (Sorcerer's Dungeons) is 100€.

This wave sounds really exciting, the whole board game feature and D&D stuff.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harkonen said:

The skeletons are very different from the skulkins because they use new armor pieces, the Skull sorcerer uses a new skull head mould

Any chance the Sorceror has any resemblance to Clouse at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question....

 

If Garmadon is a Lord...    Then Wu is also a Lord?     

 

And when Garmadon died, Lloyd must have become a Lord?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Killian said:

Question....

If Garmadon is a Lord...    Then Wu is also a Lord?     

And when Garmadon died, Lloyd must have become a Lord?

Watch the damn show, this was cleared up like five years and seven seasons ago. 

Something just occurred to me; there’s no way the ‘Spinjitzu Surge’ sets will somehow be able to be added to the Dungeon, right? Because if they did that somehow, it would actually be really cool. 

@THELEGOBATMAN Are you sure about that Journey set? The prices tend to be in ascending order within a subtheme, by that logic Journey and Wu’s Dragon should be switched in the numbering scheme.

38 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Any chance the Sorceror has any resemblance to Clouse at all?

Dude, we knew Clouse was a long shot. Let it go. I’d love to see Clouse, Pythor, Krux and/or Acronix return, but they basically rebooted the series after the movie, and again after March of the Oni. I don’t think we’re ever going to see those villains again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Some interesting info I know about the Ninjago summer sets:

-Main villains are black skeletons

- The ninjas are trapped into a board game like Dungeons and Dragons 

-Every set can connect to make a big Dungeon 

-Sets will contain cards like in DnD

-There are at least three more sets coming

-More western inspired, less asian and less focus on tehnological vehicles but instead on magical ones

-Cole focus

-Creatures like Beholders appear in the sets(not 100% sure about this one) 

 

What?!  This wave sounds promising! Lego has never dived in this kind of fantasy before. While I am partially disappointed that the skullkin won't be coming back, it seems very similar to the 2011 waves. I do find it odd how there are rumors of the chapter format continuing and we got a Sci-fi video game before this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Yes, kind of like that. The decision was made to make Ninjago different from the other asian focused theme, Monkie Kid. Lego Group wanted for some time to focus on the asian market and Monkie Kid is literally that.

Huh, how much less "Asian" would you say this wave will be in comparison to previous ones? Would it be fair to say it'd be more appealing to Classic Castle fans, given how much more "Western" it seems? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, how much less "Asian" would you say this wave will be in comparison to previous ones? Would it be fair to say it'd be more appealing to Classic Castle fans, given how much more "Western" it seems? 

Maybe? Though I feel like the board game aspect might interfere with that. Though Classic Castle’s has black skeletons, and ai think there was a chess set . . {shrugs} Not impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Dude, we knew Clouse was a long shot. Let it go. I’d love to see Clouse, Pythor, Krux and/or Acronix return, but they basically rebooted the series after the movie, and again after March of the Oni. I don’t think we’re ever going to see those villains again. 

Fair enough, most people wouldn't even know Clouse is in the Underworld. But.. knowing that he is, making a season where Skeletons led by a sorcerer are the villains, it sounds like the weirdest decision to me. I guess this is just the year of the Ninja being trapped in games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Watch the damn show, this was cleared up like five years and seven seasons ago. 

 

Season 1 of the show just said the bite of the great devourer gave him the qualities that made him the DARK Lord.  Also, nice manners :def_shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Killian said:

 

Season 1 of the show just said the bite of the great devourer gave him the qualities that made him the DARK Lord.  Also, nice manners :def_shrug:

Who said anything about Season 1? I’m talking about the flashbacks in Season 5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 11:54 PM, GarmaFan said:

 

 

On 1/31/2020 at 1:56 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

 

 

Edited by Harkonen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harkonen said:

No. The sorcerer and the other skeletons are brand new villains. Expect more DnD references in this wave. 

I wonder what these villains will be called. It actually makes me wonder if Ninjago is somehow connected with Castle 2007. 

However, what ever happened to Clouse and the skullkin? Ninjago doesn't have that many loose ends, and I feel like the Underworld could've been modified after Clouse took over. Ether way, I hope they do more with this world then just a DnD parody. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Legoanonymous said:

I wonder what these villains will be called. It actually makes me wonder if Ninjago is somehow connected with Castle 2007. 

However, what ever happened to Clouse and the skullkin? Ninjago doesn't have that many loose ends, and I feel like the Underworld could've been modified after Clouse took over. Ether way, I hope they do more with this world then just a DnD parody. 

Are we watching the same show? Ninjago is like 50% loose ends and unanswered questions. How did Clouse escape the Cursed Realm to begin with? Where the hell has Pythor been for the last two years in-universe? Why have we not heard from the Serpentine under Skales since Season 7? What happened to the Elemental Blades during the timeskip between Seasons 2 and 3? Or the Ultra Sonic Raider? Or . . actually there was that Legacy short that retconned what happened to the Ultra Dragon so at least that one’s been explained. What did they do with the Dragon Master Armour? Where are Ray and Maya, we haven’t seen Kai and Nya’s parents since Season 7? At some point in the future Krux and Acronix are gonna fall out of a hole in the sky with an army of Vermillion, why did Wu come back but not them? Where are the Stone Army? If Jay and Nya are married now why haven’t we seen them being romantic to each other? What the hell was up with Char, if Aspheera was so unpopular why did he love her so much? Also, what happened to Char and the other Fire Snakes after Aspheera was defeated and captured? 

. . . wow, that ended up long. Anyway, I’ve long given up on expecting massive consistency within Ninjago. I’m totally fine with a season of ‘Ninjago as a D&D parody’. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Watch the damn show, this was cleared up like five years and seven seasons ago. 

Something just occurred to me; there’s no way the ‘Spinjitzu Surge’ sets will somehow be able to be added to the Dungeon, right? Because if they did that somehow, it would actually be really cool. 

@THELEGOBATMAN Are you sure about that Journey set? The prices tend to be in ascending order within a subtheme, by that logic Journey and Wu’s Dragon should be switched in the numbering scheme.

Dude, we knew Clouse was a long shot. Let it go. I’d love to see Clouse, Pythor, Krux and/or Acronix return, but they basically rebooted the series after the movie, and again after March of the Oni. I don’t think we’re ever going to see those villains again. 

71717 (32€) is ~30€. Similar to 76128 (32€ is 30€), 75239 (32€ is 30€) and 70673 (31€ is 30€).

71718 (21€) is ~20€. Similar to 70672 (22€ is 20€), 70666 (21€ is 20€) and 75965 (21€ is 20€).

I'm pretty sure, but they could be 5€ more or 5€ less.

(First prices are the retailer ones, the second prices are the actual, official ones)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Are we watching the same show? Ninjago is like 50% loose ends and unanswered questions. How did Clouse escape the Cursed Realm to begin with? Where the hell has Pythor been for the last two years in-universe? Why have we not heard from the Serpentine under Skales since Season 7? What happened to the Elemental Blades during the timeskip between Seasons 2 and 3? Or the Ultra Sonic Raider? Or . . actually there was that Legacy short that retconned what happened to the Ultra Dragon so at least that one’s been explained. What did they do with the Dragon Master Armour? Where are Ray and Maya, we haven’t seen Kai and Nya’s parents since Season 7? At some point in the future Krux and Acronix are gonna fall out of a hole in the sky with an army of Vermillion, why did Wu come back but not them? Where are the Stone Army? If Jay and Nya are married now why haven’t we seen them being romantic to each other? What the hell was up with Char, if Aspheera was so unpopular why did he love her so much? Also, what happened to Char and the other Fire Snakes after Aspheera was defeated and captured? 

. . . wow, that ended up long. Anyway, I’ve long given up on expecting massive consistency within Ninjago. I’m totally fine with a season of ‘Ninjago as a D&D parody’. 

Dude, what show have you been watching? Most of your questions are either nonsensical or have already been anwesered. You can clearly see Clouse cutting his cell's bars in the Cursed Realm with a dagger in "Curseworld, Part II". Who cares about the Ultra Sonic Raider and the Elemental Blades? Those things were made for the sets and since they are not relevant anymore they have no reason to appear again. Skales and the Serpentine literally appeared in SotFS. Pythor and Rey & Maya are secondary characters. They will only appear when they are needed and it's obvious that they aren't for the time being. Maya is also set to return in the summer season of 2020. The Dragon Master Armour also appears in Season 10 inside Borg's vault. The Stone Army was shot down by evil Nya and they were most likely destroyed with the Overlord. Jay and Nya are romantic to each other but they aren't even married. I don't really see how this is a loose end either way. Same goes for Char. Many unpoppular people still have fans and allies. Logic suggests that the Pyro Vipers were imprisoned as well. The show doesn't have to show that. The only logic claim you have is about Wu, who most likely fell off the Iron Doom. Yes, Ninjago does have some loose ends but pretty much every fantasy show has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.