1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I mean I just never updated my figs with movie hair/faces so the ‘casual ninja’ in my city all still look like they did in Hands Of Time . . but I’m totally up for new wigs. Though I doubt there’ll be exclusive moulds for each ninja. I could maybe see them recycling the Cole one across Cole, Lloyd and Jay, then doing one shared between Kai and Nya and one for Zane. Or I could be totally wrong. :shrug_confused:

Could simplify it further and have Nya also share the Cole hair, and Kai and Zane could share a separate one since their hair stands up. Heck, Zane and Kai could have Monkie Kid's hair, and at that point, they won't need to create new molds at all. And Wu could use the bald-headband piece if he gets a figure this wave.

Edited by GarmaFan

4 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Could simplify it further and have Nya also share the Cole hair, and Kai and Zane could share a separate one since their hair stands up. Heck, Zane and Kai could have Monkie Kid's hair, and at that point, they won't need to create new molds at all. 

There was just a leak on instagram of a torso and a hairpiece - it appears they reuse the same pieces but you have to wrap around a rubber band 2 times. Unfortunately rubber bands only come in blue and white so there's that...

Anyhow nothing is limitless but Ninjago is trying. If it doesnt sell they would maybe at first make it smaller. Not since the computergame season it does seem a liiiiittle scaled down. But we'll see.

other plot points missing: Jays eyepatch (I know S7 but still), Zanes background; who was the visitor that gave him the power.

And characters. There's soooo many characters. Every season I wait for reuse of forgotten, really well written characters. But no they introduce new ones all the time.

Akita and her brother, the race car driver from video-game season, Skylor, the 3 power guys from last season. There is soooo much potential.

Also they could completely change the theme with a time skip where the Ninjags become masters or something and have new students. So I dont know - Ninjago is the only non generic theme of Lego that doesnt make them totally dependent on licenced themes..

29 minutes ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

not if they're superfluous...

But hey, most figures are cool :wink:

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 12:39 AM, Lego David said:

Where did that rumor come from? Chima has ended 5 years ago.

It was based on a movie, so it's pretty much a temporary theme. Just like The LEGO Movie theme

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 10:25 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

There was just a leak on instagram of a torso and a hairpiece - it appears they reuse the same pieces but you have to wrap around a rubber band 2 times. Unfortunately rubber bands only come in blue and white so there's that...

Anyhow nothing is limitless but Ninjago is trying. If it doesnt sell they would maybe at first make it smaller. Not since the computergame season it does seem a liiiiittle scaled down. But we'll see.

other plot points missing: Jays eyepatch (I know S7 but still), Zanes background; who was the visitor that gave him the power.

And characters. There's soooo many characters. Every season I wait for reuse of forgotten, really well written characters. But no they introduce new ones all the time.

Akita and her brother, the race car driver from video-game season, Skylor, the 3 power guys from last season. There is soooo much potential.

Also they could completely change the theme with a time skip where the Ninjags become masters or something and have new students. So I dont know - Ninjago is the only non generic theme of Lego that doesnt make them totally dependent on licenced themes..

Any links to the leak? I'm not on Instagram...

8 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Any links to the leak? I'm not on Instagram...

Neither links nor images of leaks are allowed on the forum :sceptic: I haven't been able to find them myself either but they'll pop up eventually.

On 9/24/2020 at 10:25 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I know u cant link it, but could u give us the account name (pretty sure this is ok)

oh shoot Im sorry y'all

I thought stating that they reuse the colour fixed rubber bands would make it obvious that this was sarcasm. It was supposed to parody how people speculated how much new molds TLG could save by reusing pieces..

sorry didnt mean to misslead anyone thought it is obvious.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 10:25 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Anyhow nothing is limitless but Ninjago is trying. If it doesnt sell they would maybe at first make it smaller.

Don't think we have to worry about how well it will sell...

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 2:49 PM, Surge said:

I know u cant link it, but could u give us the account name (pretty sure this is ok)

I believe you could just search on instagram

There is a new series of books about Garmadon and Wu on instagram. The name is Ninjago: Spinjintzu Brothers. I think the hairpiece of Garmadon is the one Lloyd will use in season 14 sets.

11 hours ago, Bloquerto said:

There is a new series of books about Garmadon and Wu on instagram. The name is Ninjago: Spinjintzu Brothers. I think the hairpiece of Garmadon is the one Lloyd will use in season 14 sets.

I'll be impressed if they actually made new hairpieces for each of them, but then again, I guess there isn't a reason it'd be any different than making new hoods every wave.

16 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

I'll be impressed if they actually made new hairpieces for each of them, but then again, I guess there isn't a reason it'd be any different than making new hoods every wave.

I guess the difference would be new molds for each character versus a new mold shared amongst all six for a hood? That being said, I can see them maybe reusing the other movie Cole's hairpiece as that already has a headband built in, but as for the rest, as we can see with the Lloyd hair, it'll probably have to be new molds, which is really interesting.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 10:37 AM, Bloquerto said:

There's always a hope.

It does look really nice, I'm just worried it may not have much of an interior, since it's just a cliffside with a totem pole. Also, is that the weapon pack piece in white? I love getting new colors for those! It'll also be cool to see the prints/stickers that go on the totem pole, as well as the figures. It all looks pretty cool, but I can't wait to see the dragon, I'm hoping it's unique in how it looks.

It's a very blurry picture but from what I can see of Zane's Mech I'm not particularly impressed :sceptic: I'm not planning on buying it but the island (I refuse to call this a 'village') does look really nice!

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New Ninajgo set leaked (the village) and oh my, it looks so fantastic and unique. I already love it. 

I will definitely buy it.

That looks real and fake at the same time

Whats the point of prelims that show absolutely nothing :/ 

Did anyone else notice the island looks like the box art (the totem is the coiled serpent and the cave is the head).

6 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Am I the only one looking at this island/village set and thinking, “That would make a perfect addition to Barracuda Bay,”?

My thoughts exactly - I was really feeling the classic Pirates vibe with that one, which is a good thing!

I'm also curious to see why people don't seem to be liking Zane's Mech - from what I can tell, it has knees, and for a $60-70 set like that, it's a step in the right direction in my opinion. I was also pretty glad they didn't include the ghost mech this time around, as in the last set, that one ate up most of the parts budget and I'm curious to see what they can do with dedicated the full budget of the set to Zane's mech alone.

Edited by DuckBricks