HoMa

Fx Bricks (Michael Gale) announces Fx Track system

9 hours ago, UltraViolet said:

Note the copious use of his new short straights! :wink:

Also some new (to me at least) ballasting tricks- using the gray 1x1 round plates and 1x2 rounded end plates to get to hard to reach places.

On 7/26/2023 at 12:53 PM, Jeffinslaw said:

Do we have any updates on designs for ballasting the switches?

-Jeff

About a week away from deliveries being started. Any updates on this?

Meh ...

JB Spielwaren just mailed me and it looks like there were quality issues with the tracks. Some parts had to be produced again. Orders are pushed to mid-October. :(

/M

1 hour ago, Marlow said:

Meh ...

JB Spielwaren just mailed me and it looks like there were quality issues with the tracks. Some parts had to be produced again. Orders are pushed to mid-October. :(

/M

Oh come on. Ugh. 

Maybe we'll have them by the end of the year :(

Yeah, got the same old story as well....

I wonder if they will eventually deliver on their promises.

We've been waiting for 3 months+ now and pre-order dates already shifted one year prior and now shifts again for the second time. August> September> October.

It makes me feel not very happy at the very least...

I think we will get them this year, i hope so...

Anyway let's hope for the best!

Greetings,

This has been a consistent problem with FX Bricks... But on the other hand, is it really a problem? As much as waiting sucks, when their product finally gets released, it's bulletproof. I just got a loop of r104s and they are flawless! I'm gonna keep throwing money at this guy for a long time...

SD

2 hours ago, SD100 said:

But on the other hand, is it really a problem? As much as waiting sucks, when their product finally gets released, it's bulletproof. I just got a loop of r104s and they are flawless! I'm gonna keep throwing money at this guy for a long time...

SD

No, it is not a problem. I guess all the people who preordered these switches are waiting for them by years, some people for more than a decade. Now I think it is better to get a nice product with on more month delay. Just imagine, getting your switches yesterday and something is not working perfectly in it!

FX Bricks needs a slogan like "only the best is good enough" (especially since that other company has settled for "only good enough is good enough"). While frustrating, I think ME is taking a good course and in the long run a slight delay to get the superior product is worth the wait. I'm pretty sure the FX track are a labor of love rather than a path to making tons of money (pick two: fast, cheap, high quality).

Between ME models folding up after taking all of the pre-orders for metal track (they probably lost their shirts in the process) and seeing all of the engineering FX is putting into these components, it is becoming clear just how amazingly thought out the original 9v system was

Yes, they're coming!!

@michaelgale and his team have already put out (more then) double the quantity of track products which you can buy then originaly done by LEGO, which only had 5 elements: switch left/right, 16 stud long straight, r40 curves and a 90 degree crossing. And they will go one to make 15 different products for now and likely go on to make a 90degree crossing, 22,62 degree diamond crossing and a Y switch. But not before those 15 track elements are finished + their upcoming powerpickup wheelsets, trackfeeders, motorbogies and powerstation hit te market.

Living in the country at the bottom of the world that is most often left off maps, it is fairly normal to wait for things to arrive here which the rest of the world has already got.

However, this is perhaps one of the rare occasions where we have been lucky enough to be close to the original port of shipping to not be the last cab off the rank! In my mail box today, was this little beauty ...

1280x1905.jpg

Whoo hoo!

David

According to FX Bricks Instagram story, first batches of P40 products arrived to US/Canads/Germany and they started fulfilling preorders in the order of they received the preorders.

Had to try trix brix ballast plates since I had an extra the first of three pieces snapped on perfectly with no changes. So much for the good news. the second piece had to be chopped up a bit. Not only is the tie pattern different the divergent route is very different.  Trix brix and brick tracks use more of a smooth curve while FX bricks eases in and out in the middle it is about 3/32 of an inch closer to the straight part the starting and ending points are the same but the route taken is different. I tried to post pictures but even though they were only 12 kb in size the site read them as over my 20 kb limit. I will try agan later

Looking forward to see what you've got/done...

21 minutes ago, jmorrin32MICHLUGmember said:

I tried to post pictures but even though they were only 12 kb in size the site read them as over my 20 kb limit. I will try agan later

You only get a very limited storage on EB, it is meant for sig figures, etc. For any significant photos you need to use flickr or similar and then link to them in your posts here.

On 11/1/2023 at 8:40 AM, jmorrin32MICHLUGmember said:

365676275_ballastplate1.jpg.da2a5d0226065716cec9b04ec0a1514d.jpg

Can you host them on Imgur? That picture is maybe 100 pixels by 60 pixels.