Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[Factions Ep. 2] [R6 - Felucia - CFS] Old Republic Sith Wheel Bike Patrol - Q5 - Feena

*Your entry has earned 18XP*

Jedi intrusions on Sith territory will not be tolerated...

Old Republic Sith Wheel Bike

Spoiler

Old Republic Sith on Felucia. Wheelbike. EuroBricks’ Factions Episode 2Old Republic Sith on Felucia. Wheelbike. EuroBricks’ Factions Episode 2Old Republic Sith on Felucia. Wheelbike. EuroBricks’ Factions Episode 2Old Republic Sith on Felucia. Wheelbike. EuroBricks’ Factions Episode 2Old Republic Sith on Felucia. Wheelbike. EuroBricks’ Factions Episode 2Old Republic Sith on Felucia. Wheelbike. EuroBricks’ Factions Episode 2

Seed part is the dark gray bars used to make the tread. 

So exciting to see your application of 30359 as terrain with gorgeous matrix! And this Wheel Bike makes me remember General Grievous' one

Wow that is a very nice build! I really like how you made the wheel tracks, it looks great!

The wheel marks in the ground are ingenious. The scene captures very well the mixed Star Wars aesthetic of ye olde worlde muddy fantasy landscape mixed with futuristic technology.

As an aside, why are things like this Sith Wheel Bike hidden away here in 'Factions'? I don't think  many casual readers leave the main Star Wars forum to look in here?

@Retro Thanks. We're trying to make this a forum that does attract people looking for unique Star Wars builds. I always felt like my builds went by barely noticed on the main forum, but here we get a lot of personal interaction with each build (not just in the comments, but in collaborating within our teams)

The use of the seed part is killer especially for the wheel path ( but what a throng of that part... and of black 2x1 slopes and of red plate with tooth, etc... spoilt rich brat !!)

7 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

The use of the seed part is killer especially for the wheel path ( but what a throng of that part... and of black 2x1 slopes and of red plate with tooth, etc... spoilt rich brat !!)

Thanks, I think... I found the personal comment pretty rude, but I’ll chalk that up to a language/cultural barrier. 

I own a (secondary-market) LEGO store/buildspace in Fort Worth called Rogue Brick Builders’ Lounge, so I have a good supply to borrow from. 

This is brilliant - really loving the use of those parts to make the tire track in the ground.  Are they floating, or attached to hinges or technic bits?  Great, original minifigs too.

The only improvement I'd suggest is in regard to the pictures - they seem a little washed out / overexposed.  Great build overall, though.

@LucasLaughing thank you. They’re stacked, laced together, and pinned into place with technic bricks along the bottom layer. There’s also a line of bricks keeping the upper parts at the correct angle. 

I posted to IG first and used their tools to edit. It’s probably my phones fault I didn’t notice the over exposure. I have to re-edit my other entry pictures because of the same problem

21 hours ago, goatman461 said:

Thanks, I think... I found the personal comment pretty rude, but I’ll chalk that up to a language/cultural barrier. 

I own a (secondary-market) LEGO store/buildspace in Fort Worth called Rogue Brick Builders’ Lounge, so I have a good supply to borrow from. 

It was all about humor...

Forget the language barrier.

The only think to remember is that the wheel path is awesome on your built. So this is a :thumbup: ( understandable whatever the language/culture :wink:)

Thanks for the clearing... you are a lego market owner (  what a happy job ) so you may have a fair amount of parts.

Loved this when I saw it on Flickr!  Both the vehicle and the terrain are outstanding!

Congrats on Rogue Brick and living the dream!  Being in Texas also, I’ve been wanting to swing by to support you, but Austin is pretty far away from DFW.

Now that I’m moving to California (bricks are already packed away...I’m dreading resorting them all), it seems I’ll never get the chance.  This upcoming Brick Fiesta will be my last one (it’s in Austin), maybe I’ll catch you then.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:46 PM, goatman461 said:

@Retro Thanks. We're trying to make this a forum that does attract people looking for unique Star Wars builds. I always felt like my builds went by barely noticed on the main forum, but here we get a lot of personal interaction with each build (not just in the comments, but in collaborating within our teams)

Hmmm. I understand what you're trying to do. It just seems to me, on observing the site over the last few months, that;

1. There are very high quality creations (not by me) in Factions and Watto's Junkyard that are not getting the audience they deserve. For many years I didn't look in those sections at all, as I assumed they were for 'someone else', and I think that is true for a lot of people. At the same time, some run of the mill posts get 1k+ views in the Main Forum. I think the models in here deserve greater exposure, even if it doesn't generate more comments. And at the moment, the 'personal interaction' here is still only a handful of comments - they could almost be communicated just by emailing the photos between friends.

2. In general, Star Wars seems under-represented on the site. I don't know- maybe the interest is not there. But last time I looked there was no Star Wars representation on the Front Page at all, even though we know that Star Wars Lego is best ;)

3. Anyway, keep up the good work!