Elysiumfountain

[MOC] Orient Express Thriller!

Hello there! I present to you my new and improved Orient Express Thriller! Oh dear, there's a mummy on the Orient Express! But don't worry, he's locked in the sarcophagus! Or is he? ;) 

Orient Express Thriller!

The original model for this MOC was created back in 2016, but it was a different engine design, only one coach, and a tender that I could not for the life of me figure out how to make compatible with power functions. This new and improved model has a sleeker engine design. I'm no train expert, so if it doesn't have a little doodle bop or something that real trains have, don't get too upset ;) 

Orient Express Thriller!

Minifigures: Dr. Arthur Rutledge, the Mummy, Cad Goldwater, the train's jazz singer, Princess Dragomiroff, the Chef, the Engineer, and Hercule Poirot! According to my official MOC bio: Join dashing, adventurous Arthur Rutledge as he travels across Europe with several priceless artifacts to be delivered to the Louvre Museum in Paris. But be careful, his evil nemesis Cad Goldwater is also aboard, and will stop at nothing to acquire the relics. Will Rutledge be successful, or will the Orient Express be stopped by the nefarious plans of Cad? It's up to you! 

Orient Express Thriller!

Two coaches: A passenger coach with three compartments. Can be converted into a sleeper car too! A dining coach with a small kitchen for the world-famous chef to serve the passengers. Each coach has fully opening doors! 

Orient Express Thriller!

Orient Express Thriller!

This model is now gathering support on LEGO Ideas! If you like it and would like something like it on your shelf at home, please share the link and consider support the project! It would be awesome to get to 10,000 supporters! Thank you :) 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/92865fe4-df96-4ccd-a5a9-2a1042138963

Orient Express Thriller!

I've also created a short commercial for this MOC, with pictures, a jingle I wrote, and test footage of the train with power functions moving at two different speeds and with one and two coaches attached! Check it out! :) 

The detailing on the sides of the coaches looks great! Having just finished the book, I can attest that your version of the adventure is much more kid-friendly. I hope you hit 10,000!

This is a nice improvement over your previous version. The two cars and added story really make it stand out. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the Hogwart's Express style driving rod design. Otherwise, the detailing is superb. Is it PUP compatible too?

@Feuer Zug Thank you! And yes, other people have pointed out distaste for the driving rods as well! ;) So my big project this week is to redo them to be a little bit more realistic, but hopefully so they can still move smoothly without slowing the train down :) 

An update to this post, the Orient Express has reached 500 supporters so far, meaning it's 1/20th of the way through the process! We'll see how far it gets ;) 

I like how you have two coaches, TLG usually only offers one in their sets.  Congrats on 1000 supporters.  Sure you will have 10,000 soon.

Amazing moc!

Is it possible to have a picture of the part with the slope curved? I'm interresting by this part to moc an Hogwart Express like this!