TomSkippy

[SR - FB] Sea Rat Cafe

Type: Medium Artisan

Johnny wasn't sure why the owner of the cafe was still expected to run the same Rum Cart he worked BEFORE he was recruited to own all these businesses. Johnny was pretty sure that a suspicious character drinking tea might know. Johnny was also certain he didn't want to ask questions. So he served the rum (and even paid for his own drinks).

33264046258_b16a53633c_c.jpg

32197477517_5b444c6914_c.jpg

46415804984_53ce5076fd_c.jpg

33264039388_6059561d3d_c.jpg

46225281285_cc0215f309_c.jpg

Here's a build I dreamed up when I heard that my original Rum Cart was too small to be licensed. So I asked, "What if the original inspiration - the Sand Dollar Cafe - was in the Brick Seas?" Clearly the build got a little big, but I'm pleased with an homage to a cute little Paradisa set. C&C welcome!

Very nice build - you definitely "piratized" the Sand Dollar Cafe with this. :thumbup: (Sand Doubloon Cafe, perhaps?)

The cafe looks great and the rum cart is a natural fit. And I like all the different minifigs and their poses, especially the sleeping / hungover lifeguard, who just seems fitting in a Sea Rat setting.

Is the surfer laughing at the unwitting skinny-dipper, or ogling the girl?

I love the shark hanging.

I assume there is an abbundance of sharks in the Brick Seas, otherwise I might need to start a Sociaty to Protect Nature and Wildlife :kahuka:

Bart

Very nice! Fun build with lots of activity. Nice use of the SNOT technique for the water. :thumbup: