TheBrickPal

LEGO Ideas - Steamboat Willie

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

regarding the box art, why such Plain-Jane text reading Steamboat Willie:shrug_confused:

th?id=OIP.UNZn68KdNiy5vaImQGv0hQAAAA&pid

probably LEGO would have to pay additional fee to use the font, meaning another 10 bucks to the price. I think we're better off without it :rofl:

I assume we get the official reveal tomorrow, but I really hope that the set can be motorized. The feature looks good, but turning it manually isn't my cup of tea :tongue:

VIP release this Saturday and general release on april first. Day one for me, looks really nice as a display piece. 

Looks pretty great! But gosh darn that price is steep :oh3: 

- Might be completely imagining it but wasn’t there a black & white goat leaked a while back? If it’s not in this set I wonder what other set it may appear in.

On 2/24/2019 at 3:00 PM, Robert8 said:

Is the hat a new mold? I cant find the pic.

Considering the Ideas sets dont introduce new molds, that would confirm another Minnie version in the second CMF series, and they will reuse the hat for the Ideas set. 

The rules for IDEAS states that a design can not use a new piece, does that mean that Lego can not create a new piece for a set?  It may not not have happened before, but that doesn't mean it isn't within Lego's ability to do so.

1 minute ago, Foxes Productionz said:

- Might be completely imagining it but wasn’t there a black & white goat leaked a while back? If it’s not in this set I wonder what other set it may appear in.

Nah that image came straight from the ideas page.

I really love this set, it's even bigger now that I've seen it from more angles. It looks so good. Definitely day 1 purchase. Now it's just waiting for the cmf series.

2 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

The rules for IDEAS states that a design can not use a new piece, does that mean that Lego can not create a new piece for a set?  It may not not have happened before, but that doesn't mean it isn't within Lego's ability to do so.

That's a good point, and Lego is known to bend their own rules as seen with Snake in the D2C simpsons set. Still it could still appear in colour in the cmf series. We will know soon enough I guess. Besides, to be honest the set barely looks like the ideas project in the first place. Can't help but think the set might have already been planned.

This just makes 3-in-1 Cruising Adventures an even better boat set for a much lower price, if your not interested in Disney/Mickey.

Not hating, but it's incredibly overpriced.

I can understand the design, and it's nostalgia, but it's doing nothing for me personally.

Edited by TeriXeri

Price is obviously ridiculous. But where is the goat? There was some black and white goat leaking photo on the Instagram!

Am I imagining things or is this the first time an Ideas final design has seemingly increased in size from the original submission? Not complaining mind you. I just really like what they did with the boat and the paddlewheels.

4 hours ago, incognito said:

90€ for 751 pieces. 

30€ more than the Flintstones set for the same piece count. crazy. 

Yep, that price is insane for just that number of mostly black and white pieces. 

On brickset.com they just point out an error on the box aswell. On the box TLG states this is the 24th ideas set but it is the 25th since the flintstones set is already out there. 

This could mean the early hour boxes with the printing error will be worth more to collectors then any box with a correction in that matter or is it unlikely they will fix that considering the limited number of sets ?

Much better than The Flintstones set...

Those one was better by the designer, but not as good as official set. Steamboat Willie was not that great by the designer, but absolutely great as official set...

It's indeed overpriced, but so is basically every set this year, I'm afraid to see the European prices. Still can't keep me from buying it, too big of a Disney fan to let such a wonderful set pass. I hope we'll see more like this in the future.

New Elementary - LEGO® IDEAS REVIEW: 21317 STEAMBOAT WILLIE

There are two completely new moulds within this set. "What!!" I hear you cry, "but there are no new elements allowed within LEGO Ideas sets." Well, as Design Manager for the LEGO Ideas product lines Samuel Johnson explained on Twitter;

"Sometimes we have options to do things to improve our products (especially to meet the standards of our IP partners)"

So I guess what Disney want, Disney get!

$90 plus tax?   :facepalm:

I figured out my personal demand curve.  At $30 per unit, similar to the original submission, I buy 3.  At $50, I buy 1.  At $90, I buy zero.  

I am wondering if this was already in the works internally, even before the Ideas project was approved.  It would explain the really quick turnaround in production in addition to the major differences in the final design vs the original one.  Just imagine the outcry if the Ideas project did not pass review, and they come out with this shortly after.  Sure, it is just a theory, but prove me wrong.