TheBrickPal

LEGO Ideas - Central Perk Coffee of Friends

I'm really excited for this! Can't wait to build it with my wife; she's a big fan of the show. I do hope the final design scales it down quite a bit. The original submission has something like 1700 pieces, but I don't think this needs to be all that much bigger than the Big Bang Theory set to cover the most important details.

1 hour ago, AllanSmith said:

[Video]

Why have you posted this in both Ideas topics? The news presented in the announcement video is what predicated the discussions being had. It doesn't add anything now.

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Why have you posted this in both Ideas topics? The news presented in the announcement video is what predicated the discussions being had. It doesn't add anything now.

I can’t speak for the poster, but I for one do appreciate having the announcement video in the thread about the set. It’s part of our first official word from LEGO about the set. Moreover, it has some entertainment value itself, and it is relevant to the topic, after all.

I just wish it were in the initial post. But it would seem strange for it not to be here somewhere.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

16 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

Does anyone know when this set will be released?

There's no official release date on it yet, but this September marks the show's 25th anniversary.

I wish that it will be like Big Bang Theory (with flesh minifigures) but little much bigger ;)
Meanwhile, waiting for the set I made this frame for my wife:

32461355837_4349f52af3_n.jpg

Edited by Martini26

Just now, legosamsonite said:

Bringing this thread back because I forgot this set existed.. any updates on it? Release date?

This one will take a while to be out I guess.... I'd say November sounds reasonable as a release date

I wouldn't expect news anytime soon. Bbut then again, I'm just guessing

(BTW, How did the Bing Bang Theory set to be released?)

28 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

(BTW, How did the Bing Bang Theory set to be released?)

You mean like how long ftom announced to released? 

October 2014 - June/July 2015 so like 8 months 

It’ll definitely be this year, I heard October. It’s the 25thanniversary so it’s guaranteed this year

I don't know if it'll release this year. We've still not seen the Treehouse Ideas set and that would definitely be releasing first.

11 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I don't know if it'll release this year. We've still not seen the Treehouse Ideas set and that would definitely be releasing first.

I think I read somewhere on Eurobricks that the treehouse is supposed to be released in August. I could be wrong though.:shrug_confused:

16 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Treehouse is releasing August. But it’s not impossible for there to be two sets releasing close together...

The results video does specifically mention the 25th anniversary of the show's debut, so it seems pretty likely it'll hit shelves this year. Possibly September?

Just now, Wonkyeye1 said:

Looks like a few torsos from the set have leaked. Seems to be Rachel, Ross and Gunther surprisingly 

Ah, that makes sense! :classic: Saw those just now, and they initially left me rather stumped as to what they may be. 

Seems it’s based on season 1/2, and definitely coming soon. Maybe it will be out for a Friendsfest in the uk (official friends event every year) 

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

omg this makes me so happy 

Another torso purportedly from this set has just leaked, said to be for Joey Tribbiani's character. :wink:

18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

omg this makes me so happy 

Ross torso is from Season 8

Rachel torso is from Season 1

Gunther torso is from Season 3

They chose the the waitress Rachel.... errrr... 

25 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Another torso purportedly from this set has just leaked, said to be for Joey Tribbiani's character. :wink:

It's Joey's outfit in Season 4 episode 13 when Joey first uttered the pick-up line "Hey, how you doin'?" :tongue:

9 hours ago, makoy said:

They chose the the waitress Rachel.... errrr... 

Agree

I find odd that they are making Season 1 Rachel and Season 8 Ross

I thought Rachel was going to be from seasons 5-8 pretty much because they have the perfect hairpieces for that: either the S17 Veterinarian's or the S10 Trendsetter's