Sign in to follow this  
Servertijd

Avalonia Book III task II and Task III part 1

Previous Story

Hi all,

Here is my next moc with a little story added to it. this is Task II and partly task III as it is just the beginning of a journey :)

40083888693_20842eb1e3_b.jpgOxenfurt countryside Front by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

''Robert sigurd left Outpost Booth and traveled the countryside, He doesn’t do this on his own, his trusted friend Stan Brander joined the journey.

47048676601_4f727aafab_b.jpgOxenfurt countryside left by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

Stan and Robert are friends as long as they can remember.

They grew up together. Stan has a sense of humour.

When they travel together he tells Robert the most funny jokes and crazy stories.

But, when duty calls he is there, he will go into battle, fearless with no questions ask.

32107077707_1aef304d15_b.jpgOxenfurt countryside right by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

They are heading for Roberts stronghold.

They have to pass small roads which are rich of farms, some roads are dangerous as there are thieves and thugs that will try to plunder valuable goods. But not this road, this one is safe.

They are passing a small farm. The farmer waves at them and Robert waves back.''

47048676061_f550edf1f0_b.jpgOxenfurt Farmer by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

47048674591_e5f741b452_b.jpgOxenfurt Robert Sigurd and Stan Brander by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

Hope you guys like it.

Edited by Servertijd

I would also suggest you use this for Task 4, the HSS, as the Agriculture: Farm requirement if you wish to put your settlement on the map. 

The irregular base is great; the dark tan is beautiful.  I like the inclusion of dark green and olive as ground cover around it.  With the mushrooms, it suggests a rich, thriving soil for plants.  The consistent color choice of lavender for the flowers also looks great.  I noticed that it's even the same on the moss on the roof, which looks good.  I like the roof coloring as well, although it may be slightly too regular for thatching if that was your intent.  The wheat is well done and I really like the horse trough!  The detail in the walls of the home are present but not overpowering, lending to a good texture that doesn't distract from the scene.  I like the inclusion of the small details like firewood, the wagon wheel, the pitchfork, etc.  I also really like the mini posing.  Putting your riders on the edge of the scene not only gets them out of the way of the build but also lets them become part of the action, just riding up.  The fence is simple (which makes sense for a farm), and putting it at angles on the studs makes it look very organic.  Overall, a very nice build!

52 minutes ago, derEselausErgste said:

Very nice colours, How is the cut face of the firewood made?!

Thanks! They are 1x1 round tiles, decorated, you can order them via bricklink if you want!

10 minutes ago, Grover said:

I would also suggest you use this for Task 4, the HSS, as the Agriculture: Farm requirement if you wish to put your settlement on the map. 

The irregular base is great; the dark tan is beautiful.  I like the inclusion of dark green and olive as ground cover around it.  With the mushrooms, it suggests a rich, thriving soil for plants.  The consistent color choice of lavender for the flowers also looks great.  I noticed that it's even the same on the moss on the roof, which looks good.  I like the roof coloring as well, although it may be slightly too regular for thatching if that was your intent.  The wheat is well done and I really like the horse trough!  The detail in the walls of the home are present but not overpowering, lending to a good texture that doesn't distract from the scene.  I like the inclusion of the small details like firewood, the wagon wheel, the pitchfork, etc.  I also really like the mini posing.  Putting your riders on the edge of the scene not only gets them out of the way of the build but also lets them become part of the action, just riding up.  The fence is simple (which makes sense for a farm), and putting it at angles on the studs makes it look very organic.  Overall, a very nice build!

Ah yes, thanks for the suggestion!

Task 4 it is aswell then hehe.

And thanks for the compliments!

I really don't know about the roof. I tried a black tiled one before..but it was too clean for a "farm" house so I decided to put on some more "countryside" colors and came up with this. It could be a thatched roof. Not sure if it is detailed enough for it though lol.

I like the irregular base and the landscaping.  The different fences are a nice touch.  The cottage itself is really well done, I like the wood with the tan walls.  The roof looks good with the plates on the top.  I like the little pieces of wood in the front of the house and the laterns are one of the best things lego have made recently.  Nice figs too.  

Very nice build. Lots of great details and quite expansive. Lots of good use of "empty" space here.

This is a brilliant MOC, well planned with the areas of vegetation, the irregular base, the fence!  There is lots to like, I find it great how the pasture with the cows is the same terrain as the rest just without the plants. 

On 2/11/2019 at 3:38 AM, zoth33 said:

I like the irregular base and the landscaping.  The different fences are a nice touch.  The cottage itself is really well done, I like the wood with the tan walls.  The roof looks good with the plates on the top.  I like the little pieces of wood in the front of the house and the laterns are one of the best things lego have made recently.  Nice figs too.  

Thank you :)

On 2/11/2019 at 7:10 AM, mccoyed said:

Very nice build. Lots of great details and quite expansive. Lots of good use of "empty" space here.

Thanks!

On 2/11/2019 at 12:46 PM, W Navarre said:

This is a brilliant MOC, well planned with the areas of vegetation, the irregular base, the fence!  There is lots to like, I find it great how the pasture with the cows is the same terrain as the rest just without the plants. 

Thank you!

Lovely build. I personally find it interesting how clean and yet irregular the terrain is and how you kept the grass clearly separated from the path (and I see that @Grover has noticed something too - we were talking about terrains). The way you used only a small amount of cobblestone in front of the door adds to it. Finally, I also really like the lines of the irregular base I'm not too sure about the tan jumpers on the roof, but that's just nitpicking :thumbup:

A lovely little cottage, and the farm around looks good, too! The roof looks surprisingly good, even if it is a bit ambiguous whether it is shingles or thatch. Perhaps it is more like turf or something like that. Nice job with foliage clumping, keeping similar things together to aid the visual processing. 

I like the very wide yet not overly deep base - and how that shape is somewhat reflected in the cottage also being fairly wide and low :thumbup:
Lovely irregular base and path texture! Plenty of nice details right around the cottage and it's fun to see a small section of cow pasture included too :classic: