STHLM

[MOC] Corner Tower House

Pretty nice house, I really love the roof design, especially the use of part to make that round shape. The only small thing I don't like is the olive color for the tower, it really sticks out from the rest, I think it being the same color as the walls below it or maybe some other color would've work better.

7 minutes ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

Pretty nice house, I really love the roof design, especially the use of part to make that round shape. The only small thing I don't like is the olive color for the tower, it really sticks out from the rest, I think it being the same color as the walls below it or maybe some other color would've work better.

Thanks for your input!

I was inspired by this photo, and wanted the tower to stand out:

16254971523_a8ee691293_c.jpg

DSCF6099 by Mark Scott Abeln, on Flickr

The texture on the red roof is also nice, much better than roof slopes all aligned.

6 hours ago, MAB said:

The texture on the red roof is also nice, much better than roof slopes all aligned.

Thanks! It's not a very original idea, but it works really well.

Very nice. I really like the red / blue combination.

The tower is a great build. And the red roof looks incredible.

Beautiful roof.

For the overall build, I can't shake the feeling it would fit better on a dedicated ground floor. Perhaps because of the lack of ornamental stuff as compared to regular Modulars?

Beautiful build, I would add some things going on outside, but that's just my point of view. The roof of this tower is simply amazing. Thanks for sharing )

Nice!!!

A lot of good techniques, specially the roof of the samll towers.... Wich part did you used in the center i didn't recognized it?

22 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow that curve is incredible and so close to the real picture ...the roof is a joy for my eyes! :excited:

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

18 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

Very nice. I really like the red / blue combination.

The tower is a great build. And the red roof looks incredible.

Thank you! The roof is dark orange, but maybe it looks red on the pictures.

7 hours ago, adwind said:

Beautiful build, I would add some things going on outside, but that's just my point of view. The roof of this tower is simply amazing. Thanks for sharing )

Thanks! You've got a point about the lack of action outside. I usually put a lot of figs in the picture, but I wanted the building to speak for itself this time. On an exhibition, I would add some features.

8 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Beautiful roof.

For the overall build, I can't shake the feeling it would fit better on a dedicated ground floor. Perhaps because of the lack of ornamental stuff as compared to regular Modulars?

Thank you! I'm not sure I follow you, what would fit better on a dedicated ground floor? This is an unusually clean build for me. I didn't think there was enough room for more ornaments.

6 hours ago, jalemac34 said:

Nice!!!

A lot of good techniques, specially the roof of the samll towers.... Wich part did you used in the center i didn't recognized it?

Thanks! Is it "Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Angular Extension and Flexible Tip" (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=61406*#T=A) you mean? The round LBG piece where they meet, I have no idea what is it. I just found it in one of my drawers.

Edit: I found the piece I didn't recognize: "Technic Driving Ring Extension" (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32187#T=C).

Edited by STHLM

Nice build!! That roof design is pretty much perfect and I love the way it seems to fit seamlessly around the  tower. I also like the use of the dual coloured pieces to create the tower roof - very clever and incredibly effective. Would definitely like to see this brought to life with minifigs etc as part of a display!!

Excellent work and thanks for sharing!!

1 hour ago, greg3 said:

Nice build!! That roof design is pretty much perfect and I love the way it seems to fit seamlessly around the  tower. I also like the use of the dual coloured pieces to create the tower roof - very clever and incredibly effective. Would definitely like to see this brought to life with minifigs etc as part of a display!!

Excellent work and thanks for sharing!!

Thanks! At first, the dark orange roof didn't go round the base of the tower. It didn't look too good. I didn't think it would work, but I gave it a go and the wider quarter circle fitted great. It hangs a bit loose, so it's not for kids to play with (as none of my builds are).

Really good! Colour schemes work brilliantly and I think that the tower looks great (could have looked a bit out of place just poking out of the roof). Really really like that the roof is kind of shallow, it gives it a rather unique touch. Without anything being too dramatically flamboyant, I think you've pulled off a real stand-out! :laugh:

9 hours ago, paupadros said:

Really good! Colour schemes work brilliantly and I think that the tower looks great (could have looked a bit out of place just poking out of the roof). Really really like that the roof is kind of shallow, it gives it a rather unique touch. Without anything being too dramatically flamboyant, I think you've pulled off a real stand-out! :laugh:

Thank you for your kind words! I'm starting to blush over here.

29 minutes ago, carebear said:

Love the real Classic look of this corner!

Great Great Build!!!

Greetings!

Thanks! I'm happy that you like it.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:47 PM, STHLM said:

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

Thank you! The roof is dark orange, but maybe it looks red on the pictures.

Thanks! You've got a point about the lack of action outside. I usually put a lot of figs in the picture, but I wanted the building to speak for itself this time. On an exhibition, I would add some features.

Thank you! I'm not sure I follow you, what would fit better on a dedicated ground floor? This is an unusually clean build for me. I didn't think there was enough room for more ornaments.

Thanks! Is it "Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Angular Extension and Flexible Tip" (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=61406*#T=A) you mean? The round LBG piece where they meet, I have no idea what is it. I just found it in one of my drawers.

Edit: I found the piece I didn't recognize: "Technic Driving Ring Extension" (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32187#T=C).

Thanks....;)