Rustinidiel

[MOC] Tie Infiltrator

hi all,

One of my favourite villian inside Star Wars universe is Darth Maul... and i love his ship, "the Scimitar" or "the Sith Infiltrator"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scimitar

but i think that ship is very huge for only one person... i wanted to give to my Darth Maul a starfighter but with the same design of the original ship...

taking inspiration for the "nose" from the awesome Tie Emancipator by GuyDudeMan27 (but i think to will change it with my own design)

here is my "Tie Infiltrator"

31483972797_9fd6e1f76b_b.jpgInfiltrator01 by Rusty B.

45700591884_1a3be96e07_b.jpgInfiltrator02 by Rusty B.

31483972917_621323e02c_b.jpgInfiltrator03 by Rusty B.

45510991625_ec212946fa_b.jpgInfiltrator04 by Rusty B.

as you can see i used a Darth Maul minifig, but the ship allows to fit perfectly an imperial pilot with helmet

as always i used only bricks with existing color

what do you think?

opinions, suggestions and criticisms are very welcome

That's a pretty decent build and a fine ride for Maul, but it immediately suggested the Naboo Royal Starship to me instead of the Sith Infiltrator.  Also, when you shrink the nose shape of the Infiltrator like that and stick it between relatively oversized bent TIE wings, you get the shape of the V-wing fighter with slightly different proportions.  I think Maul might be better served just learning to fly a V-wing, if he wants a starfighter rather than a star yacht.

32 minutes ago, icm said:

That's a pretty decent build and a fine ride for Maul, but it immediately suggested the Naboo Royal Starship to me instead of the Sith Infiltrator.  Also, when you shrink the nose shape of the Infiltrator like that and stick it between relatively oversized bent TIE wings, you get the shape of the V-wing fighter with slightly different proportions.  I think Maul might be better served just learning to fly a V-wing, if he wants a starfighter rather than a star yacht.

thanks for your comment...

the main model is a tie prototype... than the wings proportion is right in comparsion of the bubble cockpit...

i want redesign the "nose" and can do it a bit longer, to mantain the right proportion of the original Sith Infiltrator...

the similitude between this ship and the Royal Naboo Starship... if you see it, you can see the same between the original Sith Infiltrator and the Royal Naboo Starship... both have a circular main body and a long "nose"....

for the V-wing, personally i dislike that ship... i preferred to obtain a starfighter with the shape of the Sith Infiltrator, because the Sith Infiltrator, too big, but have a bubble body as the Tie series... the V-wing is not a Tie, is a completelly different design... basically i wanted a Tie starfighter for my Darth Maul, personalized as Darth Vader has his own Tie Advanced... recreating a Sith Infiltrator, Maul personal ship, as a Tie starfighter let me to obtain a personalized Tie serie ship for my villian

Upgraded Version

31501218967_09ff0a05a0_z.jpgInfiltrator06 by Rusty B.

the "nose" now is a bit longer as the original design... i've modified the back too

45527988935_4f98a64065_z.jpgInfiltrator07 by Rusty B.

and added a landing gear for substain the long "nose"

45527988985_0b29ea4e1e_z.jpgInfiltrator08 by Rusty B.

for now the ship has a Tie Serie round engine... but i want to find a way to make the Sith Infiltrator twin rectangular engine

Edited by Rustinidiel

@Rustinidiel, you've really achieved your objective. It's immediately recognizable as Darth Maul's ship, but in the lovely TIE package. The ion engine on the back of the cockpit pod is simple yet effective. Nice job!

Second iteration is much better than first one, which was too "chibi-style".
Now you can do a very simple update to make it even better... 

Remove the 1x4 curved slope in front and replace it with a pair of cheese slopes. You will be suprised how well it looks.

9 hours ago, jamesn said:

@Rustinidiel, you've really achieved your objective. It's immediately recognizable as Darth Maul's ship, but in the lovely TIE package. The ion engine on the back of the cockpit pod is simple yet effective. Nice job!

thanks a lot! i want try to replace the round ion engine with two rectangular engines like the rigina Darth Maul ship, bot for now i not found a right solution of this

4 hours ago, Jerac said:

Second iteration is much better than first one, which was too "chibi-style".
Now you can do a very simple update to make it even better... 

Remove the 1x4 curved slope in front and replace it with a pair of cheese slopes. You will be suprised how well it looks.

i think "cheese slope" mean the 1x1 slope... if yes, the result is that

46435114832_d933a2d5b3_b.jpgInfiltrator09 by Rusty B.

Ahhh no no no... no! :D

I meant the one in the front. The one joining the prongs together. It makes it look like a bumper in a toy bumper car. It would be far more agressive when dual-pronged.

4 hours ago, Jerac said:

Ahhh no no no... no! :D

I meant the one in the front. The one joining the prongs together. It makes it look like a bumper in a toy bumper car. It would be far more agressive when dual-pronged.

this is what you mean?

45577071195_402d26c6f3_b.jpgInfiltrator10 by Rusty B.

Yup - it looks much more agressive now. I'd probably play a bit more with this dual-pronged shape to get it fully right, but treat this as a rough idea.

15 minutes ago, Jerac said:

Yup - it looks much more agressive now. I'd probably play a bit more with this dual-pronged shape to get it fully right, but treat this as a rough idea.

any your suggestion is very welcome

On 1/16/2019 at 1:36 PM, Daan0827 said:

love the small design!

thanks a lot! the goal was right this, the original Sith Interceptor is a lovely ship, but too big for my opinion