Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Too bad about the reused faces, but as long as they‘re fitting, I‘m not complaining too much :wink: With Krum, the choice probably depends on the hairpiece. His hair is so short they may just as well make him bald, in which case they‘d have to rely on a one-sided face. As long as it‘s not Bruce Wayne‘s face... :rofl:

45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Honestly though, how many times are people going to post this picture...?

1. I did not see it posted prior (my error)

2. Look at that Buckbeak, looks so official. 

Just now, Geoh said:

2. Look at that Buckbeak, looks so official. 

Sigh :hmpf: yes, it’s a very pretty photoshop composite of official Lego elements. But if any of the people so overeager to post it actually looked at it, they’d see that there are small mistakes, like the fact that the wings are all wrong. Anyone who took the time and care to look into the original poster would also see that the artist specifies it’s just an edit. 

This could all be avoided with proper research, observation and logic

Well I must say after seeing Star Wars and Marvel this year, I really hope Harry Potter continues to be well designed! It's the only theme I'm actually lookin forward to now. 

2 minutes ago, StarLord said:

What's the theme of the triwizard set?

First challenge dragon or last challange maze?

Current rumors say dragon

17 minutes ago, StarLord said:

What's the theme of the triwizard set?

First challenge dragon or last challange maze?

Confirmed to be the first task

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Sigh :hmpf: yes, it’s a very pretty photoshop composite of official Lego elements. But if any of the people so overeager to post it actually looked at it, they’d see that there are small mistakes, like the fact that the wings are all wrong. Anyone who took the time and care to look into the original poster would also see that the artist specifies it’s just an edit. 

This could all be avoided with proper research, observation and logic

Not everyone has the power to find sources or to 100% fact check everything

Really exited for this wave, POA is my favorite book and movie so it’s nice to get so much of this wave be based on that. And the GOF sets sound great too, in really exited to see the horntail, and then see what other LEGO dragons we could use to sub in for the Swedish short snout, Chinese fireball and common green. 

Also, this might not belong in this topic, but where have people seen the best deals as far as discounts on this wave of sets? I’ve seen some good discounts at target, with the willow at 55 usd, as well as amazon.

2 hours ago, Geoh said:

Not everyone has the power to find sources or to 100% fact check everything

No, but everyone who sees that picture presumably has eyes. The hut in that edit is just the 2010 set with the sand green pieces recolored. Odds are whatever source that picture came from either identified the picture as an edit or was called out in the comments on the picture minutes later. And the edit is laid out like an official promo pic but it came out far too early to be from Lego. 

There are several clues in the picture itself that make it clear what it’s intended to be, if only people would take the time to think about it  

I know I’m being a tad belligerent, but ever time someone tries to pass that picture off as an actual leak they’re failing to give the original artist credit for thier work and/or implying they created a scam on purpose. I don’t know the artist personally but that’s a horrible thing to do to a person. :sad:

20 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

Gosh grown men arguing over plastic bricks. :wall:

Meh, people can argue other anything, just cause it’s a toy doesn’t devalue the discussion imo, no different to car enthusiasts arguing over cars. But still, there has been a ton of unnecessary arguing. The leaks/ sets will come and we’ll see what’s right and what’s wrong

I know revealing age over internet is wrong blah blah blah, but the grown men comment got me thinking, like I dunno about you guys, but I’m 16 lmao 

1 hour ago, LegoSims20 said:

We’ve all done it on here at one point or another. It does seem quite silly when you think about it though.

1 hour ago, LegoSims20 said:

Excuse you, some of us are grown women :wink:

Just now, LordVoldemort said:

Just curious if this has ever been done before in the Lego universe-

What if Lego released a small DADA class room for cheap, that could be added to the Great Hall tower? And extend its height. 

This was the entire basis of set design for the first two films!

Unfortunately the tower isn't designed to be easily expandable, but at the same time LEGO could come out with something that looks ok on its own and includes instructions for how to add it into the tower. Anything could happen.

24 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

This was the entire basis of set design for the first two films!

Unfortunately the tower isn't designed to be easily expandable, but at the same time LEGO could come out with something that looks ok on its own and includes instructions for how to add it into the tower. Anything could happen.

That is why I 100% love the older sets, I kinda want to get them all just for the experience of combining them into a huge castle.

Lego did do a small DATDA classroom in 2004 for Prisoner of Azkaban, it came with Lupin & Nevil. I really hope they release an updated version. 

3 minutes ago, Geoh said:

That is why I 100% love the older sets, I kinda want to get them all just for the experience of combining them into a huge castle.

Lego did do a small DATDA classroom in 2004 for Prisoner of Azkaban, it came with Lupin & Nevil. I really hope they release an updated version. 

A PoA set based off the boggart lesson seems unlikely since boggart Snape came in the bricktober pack :sceptic:

As far as the modular room sets of the SS/CoS era - I can see why Lego stopped doing them. They focus pretty solely on the interiors, and the 2010-11 waves and the current reboot are clearly trying to give us castles that look amazing from the outside as well. The modular system has its merits but it doesn’t adapt well to the exteriors Lego is currently trying to give us. 

2 hours ago, Legoniche said:

I know revealing age over internet is wrong blah blah blah, but the grown men comment got me thinking, like I dunno about you guys, but I’m 16 lmao 

And by reading some of the posts, it's easy to conclude that many others are a bit younger as well. Also I wouldn't broadcast that fact too much as it goes against forum rules, although there is a bit of leeway allowed  for respectable posters. 

I don't care so much for leaks but I too am getting antsy for some pictures of the new wave of sets since we had so many great ones this last go round. 

Which heads do you guys think would be the most suitable for Krum and Fleur? :excited:

Don't know if the license thing hinders the reuse of some heads, but IMO, Mario Götze's head is what I think comes closest to Viktor Krum's mild goatee. As for Fleur, Penny's head looks an awful lot like her! But maybe they will use Mera's.

Edited by Otherworld