Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

It was probably at least four years ago, and I think they only did it twice or something.  Someone should probably face check that, though.  I missed out, sadly.  

I must have missed that completely. It would certainly be nice if they brought it back

5 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

It was probably at least four years ago, and I think they only did it twice or something.  Someone should probably face check that, though.  I missed out, sadly.  

Last time I remember was in late april / early may 2017

On 6/28/2019 at 11:20 AM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Just a few more days. I’ve done some serious missing of the Horntail in physical parts and on LDD. I had to experiment with the Thunderbird head since LDD doesn’t have that piece. But it’s looking really good, I can’t wait to apply it all to the actual set. I’ve added tail segments, neck segments, lots of spikes on the head, neck, tail, and back, dark brown ball joints for the legs and wings, completely redid the legs, and made some minor color changes throughout. I’m very interested to see how it all will look on the final product.

Excited to see all the mods being done! Any chance you could post some pictures of the LDD? 

2 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

Excited to see all the mods being done! Any chance you could post some pictures of the LDD? 

It looks a little weird without the head (that piece isn’t available in LDD) so I’ll just wait until I get the set next week, apply the modifications, and then I’ll try to post pictures (again, completely technologically illiterate). Pictures I take with my phone are always too big to post 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I just had a thought that made me rather concerned.... given the recent wave and the high sales of the theme, do you guys think there might be a SDCC exclusive Harry Potter mini set or mini figure revealed? There’s usually only some superhero or Star Wars sets, but there’s always the possibility.

If so I’ll be excited for new stuff... but bummed out due to the exclusivity of it, I’ve gotten all the 2018 sets, cmf’s and exclusives so far, so I’d like to have it for the sake of completion but I would not like to fork over an arm and a leg on eBay.

So it looks like the reason that Barnes and Noble doesn’t have the Expecto Patronum set early with all the others is because Walmart has it along with several other sets of the same price point from different themes. So that’s that explained. 

37 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

So it looks like the reason that Barnes and Noble doesn’t have the Expecto Patronum set early with all the others is because Walmart has it along with several other sets of the same price point from different themes. So that’s that explained. 

That’s ridiculous, IMO.  What Walmart doesn’t have is dignity.  Thanks for the heads up, though.  Good sleuthing!  Walmart usually specializes in $20-30 sets as exclusives, so I guess it sort of makes sense.  Wonder how TLG and BN let this happen...

43 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Great. Neither of the two Walmarts near me care at all about stocking lego. They never have anything until at least a month after release. Hopefully I can grab them all at the Lego store this week but if they sell out then I guess I’ll be waiting a while on that one.

4 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I just had a thought that made me rather concerned.... given the recent wave and the high sales of the theme, do you guys think there might be a SDCC exclusive Harry Potter mini set or mini figure revealed? There’s usually only some superhero or Star Wars sets, but there’s always the possibility.

If so I’ll be excited for new stuff... but bummed out due to the exclusivity of it, I’ve gotten all the 2018 sets, cmf’s and exclusives so far, so I’d like to have it for the sake of completion but I would not like to fork over an arm and a leg on eBay.

Hopefully not, but the chance increase with every WW/HP set Lego sells :wacko:
If it just is a exclusive Harry print I do not mind much, but the danger is if they make a unique character or two :sceptic:
Probably only a matter of time, if not this year then next I guess.. HP got a last minute advent calendar, that really says it all how popular the theme is :shrug_oh_well:

6 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I'd say the chance of the Wizarding World theme getting a SDCC exclusive set is incredibly low, SDCC stands for San Diego COMIC Con after all :wink:

Edited by Guyon2002

8 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I don’t think we need to worry too much. It is a COMIC CONvention first and foremost, even if it has been overrun by other mediums.

I think it probably helps that Harry Potter itself won’t have a huge presence at the convention (I wouldn’t be worried about Harry Potter exclusives until 2021 at least). After all, the only non-comic exclusives last year were a Lego Movie 2 figure and a Star Wars Solo set - current movies, one of which was a Lego property.

It will be interesting to see the full line up this year. So far we’ve gotten sneak peeks of a Marvel set, a DC set and a Marvel figure, which means so far there’s nothing to say Lego hasn’t decided to do just comic characters, but we’ll see what gets revealed in coming weeks. 

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Great. Neither of the two Walmarts near me care at all about stocking lego. They never have anything until at least a month after release. Hopefully I can grab them all at the Lego store this week but if they sell out then I guess I’ll be waiting a while on that one.

You can (and maybe should) try to order that one tonight at midnight Eastern Time, assuming the website doesn’t crash.  That’s what I’ll be doing.  Just keep in mind you probably won’t get free shipping if you order it on its own.

:classic:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd say the chance of the Wizarding World theme getting a SDCC exclusive set is incredibly low, SDCC stands for San Diego COMIC Con after all :wink:

Dropping this just here: 

bard-the-bowman-sdcc-lego-minifigure-exc

There‘s nothing exclusive about this apart from the packaging, but my point still stands :tongue:

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Dropping this just here: 

There‘s nothing exclusive about this apart from the packaging, but my point still stands :tongue:

There was also that Azog minifig that was released as a comicon fig before it was announced to be in sets, that was sold on for thousands, only to show up in an eighty quid set later in the year. 

As far as I know, no themes apart from Super Heroes have had exclusive Comicon figs, Star Wars would seem a more sensible place to start than Harry Potter, although i hope they don't do that either :D

46 minutes ago, Seaber said:

There was also that Azog minifig that was released as a comicon fig before it was announced to be in sets, that was sold on for thousands, only to show up in an eighty quid set later in the year. 

As far as I know, no themes apart from Super Heroes have had exclusive Comicon figs, Star Wars would seem a more sensible place to start than Harry Potter, although i hope they don't do that either :D

I hope they stop with exclusive Comic Con figures alltogether, the only people who profit of this are the scalpers (I'm betting the people who enter the lottery because they actually want the figure are in a minority)

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I hope they stop with exclusive Comic Con figures alltogether, the only people who profit of this are the scalpers (I'm betting the people who enter the lottery because they actually want the figure are in a minority)

And even people who start off with good intentions will likely be tempted to sell a figure if it’s going for $500.  

I see no problem with con exclusives, but also, why is this even being discussed when there's been no indication the Harry Potter theme is getting one?

Anyway. I rewatched Prisoner of Azkaban today to get hyped for tomorrow's US release of the new wave - I'm definitely getting the Knight Bus and Hogwarts Clock Tower, but I'm still on the fence about Hagrid's Hut. Convince me to get it.

12 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I see no problem with con exclusives, but also, why is this even being discussed when there's been no indication the Harry Potter theme is getting one?

Anyway. I rewatched Prisoner of Azkaban today to get hyped for tomorrow's US release of the new wave - I'm definitely getting the Knight Bus and Hogwarts Clock Tower, but I'm still on the fence about Hagrid's Hut. Convince me to get it.

Double VIP points + new Buckbeak mold + pumpkins + exclusive figures + first ever (and probably only) Hut to have both sections, even if they are just a facade.

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

You can't have Hogwarts without Hagrid, and you can't have Hagrid without his hut

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

I'm still on the fence about Hagrid's Hut. Convince me to get it.

One of the most pivotal moments in the whole movie, plus, it happens twice. Also, you NEED a Buckbeak or Sirius will die.

2 hours ago, tafkatb said:

I'm still on the fence about Hagrid's Hut. Convince me to get it.

The new Buckbeak is amazing and might never be available anywhere else. Plus Hagrid and his Hut are the best they’ve ever been. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

You can't have Hogwarts without Hagrid, and you can't have Hagrid without his hut

Welp, that's the most compelling argument so far. I think I'm sold.

The sets are now available on US Shop!  The server was down for about five minutes last night, but they’re all still available.   But “Limit 20” per set?!  Either that’s going to backfire really quickly or they’ve been stockpiling for a while.  If they don’t go out of stock right away, I will never again mind waiting an extra month or two for a set.  

Went to B&N this morning and got Hagrid's Hut, Knight Bus, and Horntail sets. Wanna save the Clocktower for double points. Just couldn’t wait an extra day for the others, since I can’t make it to a lego store until tomorrow. Hopefully they’ll have the Clocktower and Expecto Patronum tomorrow!

Got the Clock Tower, Expecto Patronum, and Triwizard Challenge sets on the website today and I’ll get the other two at Barnes and Noble once I’m back in the US since I want a discount on them. Super excited to build these!!