Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 hour ago, Minga 089 said:

Does anybody know if we will get a HP Bricktober pack this year again? Thought of a Yule Ball Ladies Pack with Parvati, Padma, Cho and McGonagall. (all in Yule Ball Dresses).

40 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If we got one, that lineup would be highly unlikely since they are not quite desirable enough. The Patils and Cho in Yule Ball attire are likely candidates for the next CMF series, whenever they end up doing it. While most of us here would love a pack with those four, Bricktober figures need to be more desirable to a wider range of audiences. Those four just don’t quite compare with characters like Umbridge, Hooch, Boggart Snape, and Slughorn. 

So far we haven’t heard anything about any bricktober packs, so who knows if Lego’s continuing them.

That being said, previous bricktober packs have always included a variety of characters, so I can’t see one including nothing but Yule Ball variants. However since Parvati and Padma have such similar Yule Ball outfits (in the movies) I could see them showing up in a bricktober pack with a couple of other characters not from Goblet of Fire. I couldn’t see them showing up in a CMF in those outfits though - they’d be too similar and there’s no clear option for accessories to differentiate them.  

4 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

So far we haven’t heard anything about any bricktober packs, so who knows if Lego’s continuing them.

That being said, previous bricktober packs have always included a variety of characters, so I can’t see one including nothing but Yule Ball variants. However since Parvati and Padma have such similar Yule Ball outfits (in the movies) I could see them showing up in a bricktober pack with a couple of other characters not from Goblet of Fire. I couldn’t see them showing up in a CMF in those outfits though - they’d be too similar and there’s no clear option for accessories to differentiate them.  

If they can figure out how to differentiate between Huey, Dewey, and Louie, I’m sure they could do the Patil twins 

32 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If they can figure out how to differentiate between Huey, Dewey, and Louie, I’m sure they could do the Patil twins 

Those three have clear color differences, plus the outfits they appear in are based off the ones from the original Ducktales cartoon, so those outfits are more recognizable and have a ton of different objects associated with them for accessories. In contrast, the Patil twins Ball robes are nearly identical and neither is seen holding anything in the one scene they appear. That actually applies to most of thier appearances actually, so I think we’d be much more likely to see the Weasley twins in a CMF (with different prank products) while the Patil twins are more likely to appear in a bricktober pack (although I think sets are still our best bet for getting both). 

5 hours ago, tafkatb said:

The press release clearly states the Advent Calendar releases September 1st.

3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I’m pretty sure it says Sep 1st

Yeah, I completely misread it. Sorry guys

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

That being said, previous bricktober packs have always included a variety of characters, so I can’t see one including nothing but Yule Ball variants. 

May I remind you we got a bricktober pack containing ONLY Batman variants in 2017?

7 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

So canonically speaking, where will the Clocktower's modules connect to the great hall and Whomping Willow castle parts? Are there any extra modules missing between them?

On 4/27/2019 at 3:40 AM, Graupensuppe said:

Here's a crude drawing of which building exteriors I think the Lego sets represent and where they are located:

Green - 75954. Great Hall and Grand Staircase Tower.

Red - 75948. Clocktower and, possibly, Gryffindor Tower.

Blue - 75953. Whomping Willow (approximate location), Training Grounds wall section including the gate through which the car escapes, and, possibly, one spire of the Training Grounds Tower.

There's not really any way to connect the Lego sets like this.

EcLK2ha.jpg

As Graupensuppe posted, there's no exact canonical arrangement since there's still a lot of the castle that isn't represented (and probably never will be). Roughly, the Clock Tower should be arranged behind the Great Hall, at a 45 degree angle, achievable with the hinged modules on Yule Ball module. If the Whomping Willow modules are kept attached to the Great Hall set (instead of on the other side of the grounds like on the map) and a future Hogwarts Castle set includes another small tower and wall piece, it could complete the Quad that lies between the Great Hall and the Clocktower.

Edited by Ferder

3 hours ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Olive green and dark tan would be the complete wrong colours, have you ever seen the Horntail? The Horntail has a slight green tinge to it but dark green would be too bright and olive green is way too pale black and dark brown would be the most accurate colour but even then I think most people imagine the Horntail to be brown and brown would look the best 

I might be the only one to imagine it in greyish green, then :innocent:most likely due to the lighting in the task scene, which does make the tan bits look slightly greenish. Looking at the model itself though, I have to admit I was simply wrong :sadnew:

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

May I remind you we got a bricktober pack containing ONLY Batman variants in 2017?

Lol true. But that one was based off the Lego Batman Movie, and if I remember correctly came out at around the same time as the CMF that was about half composed of Batman variations - notably the second CMF of the movie didn’t include nearly as many Batmen, so I wonder if there was some sort of backlash?

In any case, we don’t even have confirmation that there will even BE new bricktober packs, let alone that one will be a new Harry Potter pack :sad:

Eh personally I want a Chamber Of Secrets Bricktober Pack since we have the Dada classroom and the bathroom. Give me Lockhart, Moaning Myrtle, Tom Riddle, and Ginny

2 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Eh personally I want a Chamber Of Secrets Bricktober Pack since we have the Dada classroom and the bathroom. Give me Lockhart, Moaning Myrtle, Tom Riddle, and Ginny

Tom Riddle and Ginny wouldn't be included as they are pivotal characters in the CoS scene and lego needs them if they want to make that set in the future. Myrtle could happen and maybe Lockhart with one of the rarer clothes not worn enough to be made for a normal set

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Tom Riddle and Ginny wouldn't be included as they are pivotal characters in the CoS scene and lego needs them if they want to make that set in the future. Myrtle could happen and maybe Lockhart with one of the rarer clothes not worn enough to be made for a normal set

Yeah, Myrtle I could definitely see us getting. The first bricktober pack gave us Madam Hooch when she’d notably been left out of the Quidditch set, plus Boggart Snape when Lego clearly knew there wouldn’t be a place to put him in the next wave (not to mention pajamas Harry and Quidditch Draco in the CMF). With that sort of trend for giving us characters that could fit in existing sets, I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a Moaning Myrtle to accompany the little prefect’s bathroom in the clocktower set. 

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Lockhart has six different attires. He could have his own Bricktober pack:grin:. Red, Blue, Gold, Green, Pink, and Duel Attire. They wouldn’t do the pink one for COS or Blue for Diagon. I’m just dying for a Lockhart minifig already! 

So instead of Riddle and Ginny, maybe Madame Pomfrey and Igor?

The new Knight Bus looks so good to me because it is so tall. But the more I look at it, I wonder: is it really tall? Or do the tall windows just makes it seem taller than it is? Is it the same height at the old Knight Busses?

I do not think we will get a bricktober set since TRU are more or less finished, but a HP promo of some kind is probably happening :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I do not think we will get a bricktober set since TRU are more or less finished, but a HP promo of some kind is probably happening :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah I agree. Last year TRU could still be found in Europe, but it's gone here as well. If they do something it's probably going to be online on their own site or in Lego stores, or at least I hope so, they're the only ones that can be found nearly everywhere.

10 hours ago, RODDY said:

Lockhart has six different attires. He could have his own Bricktober pack:grin:. Red, Blue, Gold, Green, Pink, and Duel Attire. They wouldn’t do the pink one for COS or Blue for Diagon. I’m just dying for a Lockhart minifig already! 

So instead of Riddle and Ginny, maybe Madame Pomfrey and Igor?

Pomfrey wouldn't be in a Bricktober pack, she definetely requires a new mold for her hair/hat and these packs can only use existing molds. Pomfrey is one of those perfect characters for a CMF though

Yeah, Toys'R'Us's assets have been taken over by Smyth's Toys in a lot of places, including Switzerland. The benefit of the Bricktober packs was their easy-to-handle distribution, with TRU existing all around the world. Now that it's either gone or having been replaced, depending on where you live, it's a lot easier for TLG to either cancel the whole idea or distributing any future packs themselves rather than making individual deals with a dozen or so retailers :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Does anyone find it strange that the five June sets and the advent calendar (September) have all been officially revealed, but we still haven’t seen or heard of any leaks regarding two further sets in August? I’d love for more Potter but am very sceptical as to whether we will get another two this year...

19 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Does anyone find it strange that the five June sets and the advent calendar (September) have all been officially revealed, but we still haven’t seen or heard of any leaks regarding two further sets in August? I’d love for more Potter but am very sceptical as to whether we will get another two this year...

It's indeed kinda weird, as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) we only got rumors so far, no one who actually saw anything.

They are probably limited sets like quidditch and the train from last year, Lego sometimes manage to keep those under wraps until someone stumble over them in a random shop one day :wink:

18 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

They are probably limited sets like quidditch and the train from last year, Lego sometimes manage to keep those under wraps until someone stumble over them in a random shop one day :wink:

What’s a limited set? 

1 minute ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

What’s a limited set? 

A set that is only sold at certain shops. Like a set exclusive to certain retailers such as Argos in the uk or target across the pond.

20 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

A set that is only sold at certain shops. Like a set exclusive to certain retailers such as Argos in the uk or target across the pond.

Or lately at least here in Norway sets that the first few months only are sold maybe at shop@hope, then later it is possible to get it in other shops also.. Anyway they do not show up in the retailer catalogues so much easier to avoid them leaking early :wink:

56 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Thats untrue, there were no UK exclusive HP sets.

Just now, daniboy1997 said:

That's untrue, there were no UK exclusive HP sets.

???

First of all, I never said they're were any as of yet. Second of all exclusive sets can still be bought from the lego shop/shop@home or amazon a lot of the time anyway. Third of all people make mistakes don't be nasty.  I didn't say that they were exclusive to the UK either if that's what you're trying to imply.

1 minute ago, Agent Kallus said:

???

First of all, I never said they're were any as of yet. Second of all exclusive sets can still be bought from the lego shop/shop@home or amazon a lot of the time anyway. Third of all people make mistakes don't be nasty.  I didn't say that they were exclusive to the UK either if that's what you're trying to imply.

Apologies, i misunderstood what you meant. 

Where did the rumours for 2 August sets appear from? As it seems rather odd nothing has been shown.