Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

But Aragog at least made sense to some degree as Hagrid carried his dead body to his hut in HBP (which honestly is the only time I actually like Aragog, DEAD, that f**cker was nightmare fuel for me when I was a kid)

Lol, I was just about to bring the giant spider funeral up. I’d also like to point out that the 2010 Aragog looks like he wants to be dead, seriously it’s a pretty pathetically designed spider, especially when compared to the new one. 

49 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Lol, I was just about to bring the giant spider funeral up. I’d also like to point out that the 2010 Aragog looks like he wants to be dead, seriously it’s a pretty pathetically designed spider, especially when compared to the new one. 

What are you talking about? I think you need to watch CoS again, the 2010 Aragog was super accurate. Don't you remember him having Katana'-swords for legs? :wink:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

What are you talking about? I think you need to watch CoS again, the 2010 Aragog was super accurate. Don't you remember him having Katana'-swords for legs? :wink:

Of course that's what made him nightmare fuel

I'm new to this chat! Is it just me or are we missing a ton of important characters? Where is Lockhart or Wormtail? Hopefully coming in a minifigure wave this August! Any guesses? I also really want a Barty Crouch Sr. minifigure to come with the watchtower. Does anyone know about when we will get full set images? Thanks!

32 minutes ago, JP43 Cobalt said:

I'm new to this chat! Is it just me or are we missing a ton of important characters? Where is Lockhart or Wormtail? Hopefully coming in a minifigure wave this August! Any guesses? I also really want a Barty Crouch Sr. minifigure to come with the watchtower. Does anyone know about when we will get full set images? Thanks!

Lego wants to do the series some justice and put all of the movies in the spotlight 2 at a time. Therefore we're still missing some major things but they'll come eventually when they return to previous movies (which also keeps the theme from becoming extremely dull, like Star Wars). I'd say Wormtail has a high chance of being in one of the august sets but we'll have to wait and see.

As for a minifigure, there is no HP series 2 coming out this year but seen as how the first one did extremey well chances are high series 2 is in the works. With that in mind they'll probably want to release it alongside Fantastic Beasts 3.

I think we expect official images a few weeks to a month before the release (meaning we could see them early May), though there is a chance they're leaking early. We really don't know, take a look at the Avengers:Endgame sets for example. The sets come out on March 31st but lego still hasn't officially revealed the sets.

42 minutes ago, JP43 Cobalt said:

Welcome :classic: Unfortunately, there‘s no CMF series coming this year, but Wormtail  may show up in a rumored Graveyard Duel set if we‘re lucky. We know the minifigs for 5 of the 7 sets, so Barty is highly unlikely to appear this year. The full set images will probably pop up online around May :classic:

Edit: ninja‘d by Guyon2002 :blush:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Hi, I'm relatively new here as well, what is the source of these leaks and is there a comprehensive list I can examine somewhere? Thanks!

29 minutes ago, Ravenclaw said:

Hi, I'm relatively new here as well, what is the source of these leaks and is there a comprehensive list I can examine somewhere? Thanks!

Welcome! The source of the leaks - other than the leakers - is shrouded in mystery and dark magic. It tends to start with one leaker being viewed with scepticism, with confidence growing as their rumours get corroborated by other leakers. As for the list, check out the first post on page one.

47 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Welcome! The source of the leaks - other than the leakers - is shrouded in mystery and dark magic. It tends to start with one leaker being viewed with scepticism, with confidence growing as their rumours get corroborated by other leakers. As for the list, check out the first post on page one.

Thanks for the warm welcome and clearing this up for me!

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

As for a minifigure, there is no HP series 2 coming out this year but seen as how the first one did extremey well chances are high series 2 is in the works. With that in mind they'll probably want to release it alongside Fantastic Beasts 3.

I mean, probably if it was still on schedule to release next year, but with the movie release be pushed back... I see us still getting series 2 next year, the first one did really well, and it’s not like there were any Crimes of Grindelwald characters in it, it’s mostly focused on Harry Potter, so it could still do amazing without being released the same year as a movie. 

Plus, next year will theoretically be the year 5-6 wave, and since series 1 came out with the 1-2 wave and included characters from 1-4 (with the exception of Luna), I could totally see series 2 coming out with the 5-6 wave and including characters from 5-7.2. 

So, a figure of Ernie Prang just leaked, with a new torso and face and using the LBM bald cap with white hair. I think it looks great, and it just makes me more interested in what they'll do with Stan Shunpike!

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

Ernie Prang looks pretty good, not a very exciting character to have, but definitely a fun one. I’m definitely looking forward to the Knight Bus the least of all the sets in this wave. The minifigs just don’t do it for me. They should have included Aunt Marge and that alone would have greatly increased the value in many fans’ eyes

38 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Ernie Prang looks pretty good, not a very exciting character to have, but definitely a fun one. I’m definitely looking forward to the Knight Bus the least of all the sets in this wave. The minifigs just don’t do it for me. They should have included Aunt Marge and that alone would have greatly increased the value in many fans’ eyes

The thing is though, most fans actually wouldn’t care much about Marge if she were just a regular minifigure. If she was balloon!Marge sure, but normally she’s just a sour woman in a tweed suit. It’s possible that after some of the other new molds (that we’ve been so much more excited for) they just didn’t have the budget to inflate Marge, and what’s the point otherwise?

That Ernie Prang minifigure is amazing! Too bad I've never cared about the Knight Bus. I really don't like Krum's hairpiece but a buzz cut sounds impossible in lego! I wonder if a round headpiece with dots printed on it would work, lmao!

And I hope Fleur gets the Padme bun in bright yellow for the Yule attire. Reusing the first task ponytail would be too lazy. But I guess producing a piece in a new colour is much more expensive than just "pouring the existing color into the existing mold" ???

Edited by Otherworld

I really like the new Ernie figure. Although his hair still has to grow on me. At least he looks way better than the previous one (which was pretty good in the first place)

Haven't been here in a while, so...

I've been largely dissapointed by what we've seen from upcoming sets. The patronus stag looks wrong to me. Buckbeak's head is too detailed compaired to the rest of his body and all the prints we've seen so far have been subpar.

Hermoines´'s PoA hair is also completley wrong. 20595 in light redish brown would've been a much better fit (something I thought ever since that piece was introduced).

But overall, I'm still fairly excited about the theme and I can't wait to see the new sets!

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

Haven't been here in a while, so...

I've been largely dissapointed by what we've seen from upcoming sets. The patronus stag looks wrong to me. Buckbeak's head is too detailed compaired to the rest of his body and all the prints we've seen so far have been subpar.

Hermoines´'s PoA hair is also completley wrong. 20595 in light redish brown would've been a much better fit (something I thought ever since that piece was introduced).

But overall, I'm still fairly excited about the theme and I can't wait to see the new sets!

Strongly disagree with that hairpiece choice, it’s way too messy for POA. Her hair was neat and brushed in that movie onwards. And it was pretty much the last time it was at all bushy.

What’s wrong with the patronus? Just looks like a stag to me

49 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Whose Instagram? 

They're on Paul Seeley's story, we've already seen these figures but these are just HD pictures.

Edited by Guyon2002

I'll probably want to get everything from this wave, but the Knight Bus is easily the one I'm most excited about. Ern looks nice! Bland, yes, but very true to his onscreen appearance.

I love the Ernie we have already and the look of the upcoming one! This one is definitely more screen accurate with the bald on top.

Oh goodness, I LOVE cedric. I wonder if his first task robes can double as Quidditch robes. ?

Edited by joeee