Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

19 minutes ago, ad79 said:

Since the Whomping Willow in the Hogwarts Castle is a mini version of the regular sized Wilow, do you think the new Hagrid´s Hut will be a regular sized version of the Hogwarts Castle mini version In regards to how it looks? 

Hi and welcome :classic:

Yes, I think so. We have had 3 earlier Lego hut's based on film 1 and 2, so now I believe we will get a hut based on film 3 with two parts (but without aragog the spider even if he is in the D2C)..

Looking forward to more leaks hopefully a Fang and or Padfoot mould so we can discuss something more interesting then minifigs details! Personally I love that we are getting a lot of new and different minifigs, but the tedious discussions about what kind of underwear they have or if the actor had 2 different socks on the day of recording  is not my cup of tea :hmpf: 

6 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

So with regards to macnair, do you guys think it will a printed head that makes the mask, or an actual headpiece mask

My guess would be a printed mask + a hood piece, just like in the video games :classic: Or rather a printed face on a black minifig head, so that it could be used with or without the hood. A new mould is unlikely, that doesn’t seem warranted for such a minor character :purrr:

6 hours ago, Lego Lad said:

Well at least we have seen what the Goblet of Fire version of Harry looks like, now we will have to wait and see what the Prisoner of Azkaban version looks like. I can't wait to see the version that comes in the small Patronus set, I like the 'normal clothes' version of Harry in that scene because of the jacket he has on aha and also I am curious if they will use the Harry hair from last year's wave (which I wouldn't mind them doing) or will they use a different piece.

The Harry look from this scene is exactly the same as the look in the Hogwarts Express set so I would anticipate a reuse

1 hour ago, Legoniche said:

So with regards to macnair, do you guys think it will a printed head that makes the mask, or an actual headpiece mask

Probably both, as there currently aren't any hoods that only show the eyes and look good in relation to the movie. I expect theyre using the Palpatine hood

57 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

My guess would be a printed mask + a hood piece, just like in the video games :classic: Or rather a printed face on a black minifig head, so that it could be used with or without the hood. A new mould is unlikely, that doesn’t seem warranted for such a minor character :purrr:

Yeah- I actually reall6 love the gothic design of the character, so it’ll be nice whatever.

i really like the look of the goblet of fire death eaters as well, so my fingers are crossed for the future ??

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Harry look from this scene is exactly the same as the look in the Hogwarts Express set so I would anticipate a reuse

I respectfully disagree. While LEGO may have used the Philosopher's Stone Harry for 75955, that was likely just because midlegs weren't introduced yet, and they thought it'd be odd if this Harry looked different from the rest.

Last year, a poster book came out that confirmed something I'd believed for a while: The variants in 71022 were based on PoA. While I doubt this confirms the final hairpiece (I'd hope for the 2008 Anakin hair in black, but they'll probably give all Harry's from this summer the Lloyd hair to maintain consistency), I think it's a good sign that Loa Harry will at least have smaller eyes and mid-legs.

What’s everybody’s top 3 HP films- for me personally it’s:

goblet of fire

prisoner of Azkaban 

philosohers stone

so Tbh with this wave and last years, I’m so stoked- but all HP films are masterpieces

Just now, Jawaguy4 said:

I wonder if we will ever get anymore house ghosts.

It's always possible. I could see them doing one with the large Hogwarts set of each wave. Maybe the Bloody Baron for the Clocktower, the Fat Friar for the Astronomy Tower (what I imagine will be the set for 2020, and which the Hufflepuff common room was near to), and the Grey Lady for Deathly Hallows.

3 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

What’s everybody’s top 3 HP films- for me personally it’s:

goblet of fire

prisoner of Azkaban 

philosohers stone

so Tbh with this wave and last years, I’m so stoked- but all HP films are masterpieces

1. Prisoner of Azkaban

2. Order of the Phoenix 

3. Chamber of Secrets

4. Philosopher's Stone

5. Fantastic Beasts

6. Deathly Hallows 2

7. Half-Blood Prince

8. Deathly Hallows 1

9. Crimes of Grindelwald

10. Goblet of Fire

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:29 PM, Lego Lad said:

I have a feeling they are just going to use the same Han Solo hair from the CMF for Ron in these new sets, but what if Lego surprises us with a brand new hair mould for Goblet of Fire Ron? Imagine that lol, I mean last years wave of sets and the CMF introduced loads of new hair pieces so maybe this years wave has a couple of new hair pieces as well?

Also, are we all guessing Sirius Black will get Mad Eye Moody's hair piece from the CMF in black or dark brown? 

I highly doubt they will do a new hairpiece for Ron. I think it is allways about:

- how important is the character? (Harry, Hermoine, Ron and Hagrid are so important, they have to be captured really good. The stupid look of Kilis hairpiece without quiver wasn´t enough to do a new mould for Thorin (the most important character after Bilbo and Gandalf, who also got a reused old hat with a buckle he doesn´t have in the movie and without hair) and Fili even if they could have used it in 4 sets. They reused even Dwalin´s beard Gloins face for Dain Ironfoot so he looks nothing like in the movie) To be honest i would not say Ron is more important than Thorin or Gandalf for their licences.

- how much does this licenced character need a new mould to be represented well? (It is nearly impossible to recognize Trelawney or mad eye with any other headpiece. Hermonine and Harry from year 1 and 2 are looking so much better with their new hairpiece, while Han Solo´s and Skywalker´s Hairpieces do a perfect job for Ron and a new mould wouldn´t be much of an improvement. A hairpiece without hair just to cover up the stud would improve so many characters from Deadpool and Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Dwalin to Voldemort and many others so much more, but Lego does´t do one. Just look at how often Aragorn´s hair was reused until now for characters looking anywhere similar. So i can´t see Ron justyfying a new mould in their eyes)

- how usefull/reusable is the piece? Dumbledores new hairpiece without hat is really needed since Gandalf was released already outdated at his time and Lunas Long and just a bit curly hair is an important addition to the straight hair from series 10 reused for example with Cho and some other completely different hairstyles. I can see both pieces reused for years in the future like Gandalfs hair was before since the pirate sets, when i was a child.

Like someone already said. Sirius is shown with mad eye´s hair. It fits perfectly and they can save money by reusing it. On top of that he is less important than Ron. They will reuse it.

Edited by Gorilla94

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I respectfully disagree. While LEGO may have used the Philosopher's Stone Harry for 75955, that was likely just because midlegs weren't introduced yet, and they thought it'd be odd if this Harry looked different from the rest.

Last year, a poster book came out that confirmed something I'd believed for a while: The variants in 71022 were based on PoA. While I doubt this confirms the final hairpiece (I'd hope for the 2008 Anakin hair in black, but they'll probably give all Harry's from this summer the Lloyd hair to maintain consistency), I think it's a good sign that Loa Harry will at least have smaller eyes and mid-legs.

I was more talking about the torso, though I see that wasn't clear. As the torso used in the Hogwarts Express is based off the same clothing Harry wears in the lake scene

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I was more talking about the torso, though I see that wasn't clear. As the torso used in the Hogwarts Express is based off the same clothing Harry wears in the lake scene

Harry's appearance in PoA is more akin to the figure included in 4866 (Knight Bus) from 2010, the Torso you're mentioning is from the Aragog scene in Chamber of Secrets

Image result for harry potter and the chamber of secrets aragog scene

36 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The lake scene is quite different. He’s wearing his grey/blue t-shirt with blue hoodie. A varient we got a lot in the 2004 and 2010 sets. He also wears the same outfit in the knightbus and Hogwarts Express scenes and on the posters for the movie. I hope they do that print rather than reusing the Aragog scene one, it can be reused in the hagrids Hut set

Just now, Whovastron said:

The lake scene is quite different. He’s wearing his grey/blue t-shirt with blue hoodie. A varient we got a lot in the 2004 and 2010 sets. He also wears the same outfit in the knightbus and Hogwarts Express scenes and on the posters for the movie. I hope they do that print rather than reusing the Aragog scene one, it can be reused in the hagrids Hut set

he wears the same clothing in the entire PoA film, the Aragog scene one is only in that scene, it would make more sense for them to reuse the Patronus set one in Hagrid's Hut

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

he wears the same clothing in the entire PoA film, the Aragog scene one is only in that scene, it would make more sense for them to reuse the Patronus set one in Hagrid's Hut

I agree ^^

Personally I think they reused the CoS Harry in the express set because they were saving the PoA Harry for this wave, obviously they had 2 years lined up to start off so they knew which figures would be coming

Just now, Legoniche said:

I agree ^^

glad we agree on something ;-) 

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Personally I think they reused the CoS Harry in the express set because they were saving the PoA Harry for this wave, obviously they had 2 years lined up to start off so they knew which figures would be coming

glad we agree on something ;-) 

Yeah haha 

I reckon it’s not why they reused Ron and Harry in the Hogwarts Express, it’s more why they gave Hermione a variant. Ron and Harry both have 3 variants in that wave, Hermione had 1, Might as well give the the PoA outfit in that set.

also means we can get her pink hoodie costume in the hagrid’s Hut Set.

if Ron has his jumper in the Hut Set, they could reuse it in the clocktower, if it has a medical wing, I know that’s not rumoured atm, but y’know, I live in hope :head_back:

I still cant quite believe they might actually put McNair in Hagrids Hut. I mean..he is there to decapitate Buckbeak lol. 

Just now, Ultron said:

I still cant quite believe they might actually put McNair in Hagrids Hut. I mean..he is there to decapitate Buckbeak lol. 

Yeah, I think the fact that he never quite manages it is his one saving grace lol. ?

3 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yeah, I think the fact that he never quite manages it is his one saving grace lol. ?

The fact it might happens makes me believe the graveyard might actually happen (cant remember if that rumor is trustworthy?)

33 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Maybe there’s a splitting pumpkin feature lol

32 minutes ago, Ultron said:

The fact it might happens makes me believe the graveyard might actually happen (cant remember if that rumor is trustworthy?)

It's dodgy ground (excuse the pun ?)

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

I reckon it’s not why they reused Ron and Harry in the Hogwarts Express, it’s more why they gave Hermione a variant. Ron and Harry both have 3 variants in that wave, Hermione had 1, Might as well give the the PoA outfit in that set.

also means we can get her pink hoodie costume in the hagrid’s Hut Set.

if Ron has his jumper in the Hut Set, they could reuse it in the clocktower, if it has a medical wing, I know that’s not rumoured atm, but y’know, I live in hope :head_back:

Didn’t Harry have 4 variants? Quidditch uniform, forbidden forest, hogwarts uniform, whomping willow