damjan97PL

[MOC] Self Propelled Scissor Platform

Hi Everyone.

This is my new MOC, a self propelled scissor platform.

img_20181016_100228.jpg

Dimentions:

-Lenght: 28cm

-Width: 18cm

-Height: 21cm

-Max height: 59cm

img_20181016_100319.jpg

Platform has a three folding sections, it's not too much but after unfolding whole constructionis tilting on sides.

The real platforms have a hydraulic cylinders for lifting, but my construction has a tooth rack propelled by L motor with 1:3 ratio.

img_20181016_100951.jpg

Max heigh after lift is 59cm

img_20181016_101327.jpg

For propel a whole vehicle is M motor with worm gear and 1:8 ratio, and for steering a wheel is Servo motor.

img_20181016_102309.jpg

FULL GALLERY: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124730997@N05/albums/72157674654688778

img_20181016_101026.jpg

img_20181016_101426.jpg

Ha love it, well done scissor mechanism. Of course the real one has a lock out so you can't drive it when extended and a dead man foot pedal by the controller but who cares this is great. 

Very well executed MOC that does everything it should, you even managed to squeeze in the obligatory scissor lift wobble. It’s really good to have something a little out of the ordinary gracing these pages.

Edited by grum64
Spelling

20 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Ha love it, well done scissor mechanism. Of course the real one has a lock out so you can't drive it when extended and a dead man foot pedal by the controller but who cares this is great. 

Must depend on the country.  The ones I've used in the UK you can always drive when fully extended.  I've never seen one with a dead mans foot pedel either, only a hand joystick.  The speed just reduces the higher you go.  I agree, they are always wobble at full extent.

Really nice looking Scissor Lift.  I have one, so I know a little about them.  Many of the smaller ones can fit through a standard door frame.  The smaller ones are electric/battery powered and the drive wheels are the steering wheels, which can handle an even tighter steering lock than what is available on your model.

I am curious though, is it camera distortion or some major stress on components in your video at 2.28?  I do realise that there are major stresses on the mechanism of the real one, especially for the first few metres of the lift.  Well done anyway.

Really well done! Good look and nice functionality. Your MOC impersonates the original very well.