Klaus-Dieter

Star Wars license discussion

What does that have to do with the license discussion?

Try to keep a lid on excessive use of emoticons as well.

Why would they need to make an episode 7 or another CW film?

How old are you and have you read the site guidelines?

IF, and I said IF, Lego Star Wars goes bust :jollyroger: , then Indy DOES NOT have the potential to surpass Star Wars. Lego Star Wars can be used in giant battles, with actual wreckages. Hasbro doesn't offer that either. Lego can be rebuilt. Hasbro doesn't offer that. Lego is infinate. Hasbro isn't. You can change the appearence of a minifigure. Hasbro doesn't offer that. (it's funny how Lego themes compete within the same company)

Lego is in a great position so I don't believe that the licence will end soon. But the sets in the last years do sound good, and it has to end some time, doesn't it?...

P.S. What is the interviewer on about with the minifigures? I don't really understand how Qui-Gon Jinn and a Stormtrooper could be in the same set together.

P.S.S. It seems ever since the Prequal Trilogy that a new Star Wars film is released every three years.

EDIT

How old are you? KimT
I'm 2 months older than that guy! :tongue::laugh: Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7

EDIT I'm 2 months older than that guy! :tongue::laugh:

Really?

Really?

What happened? :wacko:

Assuming the line is renewed in 2011 or whenever, how much longer would it be until the licence *may* finally end? A speculation of course.

I mean it's all well and good renewing the license but we are just going to see remakes of existing models. Undoubtedly the sets will get better as TLC introduces more new pieces but I really can't see much life for it after 2011. Of course there will be a market for it still and I will still buy the sets as long as they're still around but having multiples of the same vehicle could get a little boring. That's why Star Wars is differnt to some other themes like Town for instance where all they pretty much ever make is Police or Fire stations.

If they do renew the liscence, I am sure they would remake good sets and make new ships. There are so many scenes and ships they have not made into sets, so there is hope for a Super Star Destroyer with ten minifigs! :thumbup::wub:

If they do renew the liscence, I am sure they would remake good sets and make new ships. There are so many scenes and ships they have not made into sets, so there is hope for a Super Star Destroyer with ten minifigs! :thumbup::wub:

How about a SSD like the nes DS with 30 minifigs? :wub:

"I'll stay on topic now"

I mean it's all well and good renewing the license but we are just going to see remakes of existing models. Undoubtedly the sets will get better as TLC introduces more new pieces but I really can't see much life for it after 2011. Of course there will be a market for it still and I will still buy the sets as long as they're still around but having multiples of the same vehicle could get a little boring. That's why Star Wars is differnt to some other themes like Town for instance where all they pretty much ever make is Police or Fire stations.

Off the top of my head, here are some sets that I think either haven't been done or could be vastly, VASTLY improved upon. Just because we've had some of these sets before doesn't mean that the sets themselves are anywhere near as good as they can be, and sets like the Cantina BADLY need to be redone and improved.

1. Cloud City

2. Jabba's Palace

3. Cantina

4. Lars Homestead

5. Mon Calamari Cruiser (outside)

6. Rancor

7. Improved Podrace Set

8. Commando Droids

9. TIE Defender

10. E-Wing

11. Sarlacc Pit

12. Obi-Wan's Delta Starfighter

13. Droid Factory

14. Geonosis Arena

15. Queen Amidala's Starship

16. Wookie Vehicles from Kashyyk

17. Ewok Village

Off the top of my head, here are some sets that I think either haven't been done or could be vastly, VASTLY improved upon. Just because we've had some of these sets before doesn't mean that the sets themselves are anywhere near as good as they can be, and sets like the Cantina BADLY need to be redone and improved.

You have good points to make, but have you heard of the Future Star Wars Sets thread? That is the place to discuss what new sets you would like. This is the place to discuss whether the line is going to end in 2011.

Personally, I find it highly unlikely that LEGO or anyone one else would want to end such a successful toy line. LEGO of course brings in huge sums from Star Wars (at least in the U.S.), and Lucas has said that LEGO is his favorite tie in toy. To those people that say that the influx of great sets recently is a sign of the line ending soon, I say: why should we take LEGO's making great sets to be a bad thing? I think all it means is that LEGO has started making tons more awesome Star Wars sets.

Whoever said that SW might end in 2011 is wrong. It will stay longer than 2015 and I got this from FBTB.net so now I wouldn't have to worry for other sets they didn't release. :thumbup:

Whoever said that SW might end in 2011 is wrong. It will stay longer than 2015 and I got this from FBTB.net so now I wouldn't have to worry for other sets they didn't release. :thumbup:

I just did a quick scan of FBTB. Where did you see that It's been extended?

And I wouldn't go so far as to say 'Everyone else is wrong', As the SWL licence was due to expire in 2011, unless they've just extended it (again) Which is likely to happen.

As for this supposed Wampa set. It has a lot of potential, and sounds like a good set. However, due to the fact we have no reason to beleive this rumor, I'll wait for a reliable sorce before Iget too excited. But I'm really loving the new Landspeeder, and that new Stormie pardon is lovely :wub:

- Legoman

And I wouldn't go so far as to say 'Everyone else is wrong', As the SWL licence was due to expire in 2011, unless they've just extended it (again) Which is likely to happen.

As for this supposed Wampa set. It has a lot of potential, and sounds like a good set. However, due to the fact we have no reason to beleive this rumor, I'll wait for a reliable sorce before Iget too excited. But I'm really loving the new Landspeeder, and that new Stormie pardon is lovely :wub:

- Legoman

http://www.fbtb.net/2009/10/16/brickcon-20...toy-story-news/

Certainly, as the Clone Wars series has already made season 3, and is into 4. Lego will have a lot of sets to design, and, I think the Clone Wars is doing something like 6 seasons atleast anyway, regardless of ratings. ADHO15 will have fun for years. :laugh:

Well, I say deffinatley, more like 98.5% certain. :tongue:

Edited by The crazy one

Like posted above it does not say what year it is going to be extended to.

ON TOPIC: Since it says maybe Bothans in 2010 can we speculate on that since this is a 2010 rumor thread and that is a new rumor? If so I am guesing a set that has to do with Star Wars Battlefront 2. I would LOVE the new Bothan mold. :wub:

Edited by Pie108

THIS is the topic to discuss the license.

C'mon guys, you've been around long enough to know the Star Wars Forum Index and where to find topics like this.

Certainly this doesn't belong in the 2010 Picture and Rumor topic.

This is true, its on Wookiepedia

What's on who now?

This?

Excellent news: as per Steve Witt’s Q&A, the Star Wars line is going nowhere. Someone on the other side of the room who mumbled like my toothless grandma asked an indecipherable question about the fate of our beloved Star Wars sets when the license ends. The intrepid Witt responded with comments about SW being one of Lego’s most stable and profitable lines, and no one need fear it’s departure anytime soon.

'Lord Starkiller' I just checked Wookieepedia, it said ' To Be Determined ', so it's not over until the the fat Hutt sings ! Lego will do almost anything to keep this cash-cow, it's this product that saved them for going under and has allowed them to develop the City, Castle and Pirate ranges to be the best ever. Lucas would not want it to end neither, it's his creation out there in the toy shops for kids to see and buy, makes him even more money ! :yoda:

Thank you lightningtiger for making some sense of that odd post :grin:

Of course it's to be determined- why would they negotiate a 3 year license rights now?

They've still got a year to seal the deal for another round of LEGO Star Wars.

And with the TV series coming up, I can't imagine TLG and Lucas dropping the ball anytime soon.

Especially when kids around the world think LEGO when they're asked about which toy is the Clone Wars Animated series.

Money makes the world go round! :devil:

Also RockinKurt said, that lego wanted to renew the license but it was lucasarts decision. Weither he is telling the truth of not is beyond me

I think that Lucas will have to offer to renew the license first, and then TLC can either exept or deny the offer, and then from there its another couple of years of star wars lego. :cry_happy:

If the licence ends, would it only mean no new sets are created? Or does it also mean the right to sell existing sets is revoked?

Cause otherwise Lego could sell all past and existing sets as classics for years on end ;)

(that would piss of some hardcore collectors I guess)