Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

1 hour ago, brimbolet said:

I really would like to have an official fellbeast with the Angmar witchking but unfortunately the chances are zero. I think we'll get only the Legolas & Gimli BH as an GWP. 

I think he means in the Barad Dur set itself.  

He say something like "Ashwin, who you met at the LOTR" so I guess that confirms that the set was on display there as well (not a big surprise)..

wait, so D&D gets a CMF line and LOTR can't?  I am going to start daily requests through Lego's feedback online for a LOTR CMF line.  Any other suggestions to get Lego to listen to the idea of LOTR CMF?

2 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

wait, so D&D gets a CMF line and LOTR can't? 

There is no reason to believe LOTR can't get a CMF line. It just doesn't.

If the D&D one is true, it sort of makes sense if they want to tap into (non-FOL) D&D players using LEGO minifigures for their characters in game. It is a very cheap entry to LEGO and if they find it useful then they might start buying more LEGO to expand their character selection or more importantly, start building scenery or other brick built items to use in-game. If they can convince D&D players the standard is to use a LEGO minifigure for their characters because that is what others they play with are doing, they instantly tap into a huge market.

7 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

wait, so D&D gets a CMF line and LOTR can't?  I am going to start daily requests through Lego's feedback online for a LOTR CMF line.  Any other suggestions to get Lego to listen to the idea of LOTR CMF?

It's the 50th anniversary of DnD that's why we are getting the CMF and the set.  

3 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

It's the 50th anniversary of DnD that's why we are getting the CMF and the set.  

Incidentally it is also the 70th anniversary of LotR.

Just now, Cyprinus said:

Yeah but 50th is usually a big celebration thing.  I would love a LOTR cmf.  Obviously this was thought of for DnD a while ago but if the license for LOTR/Hobbit allows it I hope they do it.  The DnD cmf sounds fantastic and I think LOTR would be great also

10 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Yeah but 50th is usually a big celebration thing.  I would love a LOTR cmf.  Obviously this was thought of for DnD a while ago but if the license for LOTR/Hobbit allows it I hope they do it.  The DnD cmf sounds fantastic and I think LOTR would be great also

I am excited for DnD fans to get a CMF series (I personally am unlikely to buy them but happy for the theme and its fans).  I am just saying typically CMF have been their big themes - Marvel, Harry Potter, Disney (muppets also Disney) Lego Movies.  so seeing it for a theme that doesn't exist minus one ideas set is pretty incredible and just drives home that they should do it for LOTR (and Star Wars but that is for another thread).  

14 minutes ago, Cyprinus said:

That is awesome, all the more reason they should have done one.  Plus would we have DnD without LOTR but that is a question for a thread in some reddit forum.  Would be cool to have something for LOTR 75th anniversary.

1 minute ago, Lordhelmet said:

I am excited for DnD fans to get a CMF series (I personally am unlikely to buy them but happy for the theme and its fans).  I am just saying typically CMF have been their big themes - Marvel, Harry Potter, Disney (muppets also Disney) Lego Movies.  so seeing it for a theme that doesn't exist minus one ideas set is pretty incredible and just drives home that they should do it for LOTR (and Star Wars but that is for another thread).  

That is awesome, all the more reason they should have done one.  Plus would we have DnD without LOTR but that is a question for a thread in some reddit forum.  Would be cool to have something for LOTR 75th anniversary.

Yeah the team up with Lego and Hasbro seems to be off to a great start with Optimus prime and now DnD.  

8 hours ago, Cyprinus said:

For the book. LEGO licences LOTR from Warner Bros, not the Tolkien Estate. They might get away with mentioning the book anniversary in advertising, but anything they do would be movie related. I imagine a 25th anniversary of the movie is more likely for LEGO than a 70 or 75th anniversary of the book. 

13 hours ago, MAB said:

For the book. LEGO licences LOTR from Warner Bros, not the Tolkien Estate. They might get away with mentioning the book anniversary in advertising, but anything they do would be movie related. I imagine a 25th anniversary of the movie is more likely for LEGO than a 70 or 75th anniversary of the book. 

Yeah 25 years would be next year for the Fellowship of the Ring.  It would be great to see something like a Bree set or more of Hobbiton.  

30 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Yeah 25 years would be next year for the Fellowship of the Ring.  It would be great to see something like a Bree set or more of Hobbiton.  

25 years!

That makes me feel sad. 😞 

2 minutes ago, Rjbricks said:

25 years!

That makes me feel sad. 😞 

You mean old maybe ha ha.  

As much as I would love to get a set that depict gondor, I always thought a civilian set, like bree or the green dragon inn would be  better represented in Lego

Edited by Shroffy123

12 hours ago, zoth33 said:

And optimistically,  there are three 25th movie anniversaries coming up! I think such sets would be unlikely but would be a nice surprise. 

8 hours ago, MAB said:

And optimistically,  there are three 25th movie anniversaries coming up! I think such sets would be unlikely but would be a nice surprise. 

Yes for the next three years.  I actually hope they put it back in theaters in at the end of the year for the anniversaries but not holding my breathe on that.  Maybe a nice Edoras set for next years Two Towers anniversary and then the year after something with Gondor for The return of the King would be great.  

@Lordhelmet I would not loose hope on a Lotr cmf.

DnD has 50th birthday now and Baldurs Gate 3 was a phaenomenon for lots of people in the gaming-community that didn't play pen and paper before. I understand that Lego wants to make a dime from having some of its right now very hyped designs. The idea of getting people to use Lego as miniatures is also a big point. Lotr on the other hand isn't "hyped" at all and Lego doesn't miss out on anything if the cmf comes next year or the year after that.

7 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

@Lordhelmet I would not loose hope on a Lotr cmf.

DnD has 50th birthday now and Baldurs Gate 3 was a phaenomenon for lots of people in the gaming-community that didn't play pen and paper before. I understand that Lego wants to make a dime from having some of its right now very hyped designs. The idea of getting people to use Lego as miniatures is also a big point. Lotr on the other hand isn't "hyped" at all and Lego doesn't miss out on anything if the cmf comes next year or the year after that.

Not losing hope (I have more now after the DnD release than before) in a CMF line (although that just moves the needle from like 10% to 15% likelihood to me). I will buy at least three full sets of CMF figures if they do it plus some for kids, and more if there are army builders (although I’d prefer they do battle packs vs. cmf for army builders)

I also love the idea of doing something like the prancing pony or green dragon.  Or other peaceful areas from LOTR (grey havens etc.)

I apologize for posting in this thread, but it is Lotr. My brown horse from 9471 uruk army set snapped in half. Is Lego pretty responsive at replacing parts?

3 hours ago, Shroffy123 said:

I apologize for posting in this thread, but it is Lotr. My brown horse from 9471 uruk army set snapped in half. Is Lego pretty responsive at replacing parts?

They are unlikely to be able to match like for like in this case, as that particular horse is out of print since 2022.

But, their customer service is really great compared to most companies. And there's been previous issues with a lot of reddish brown parts from that era. Send them an email, they may well send you a new 'similar' horse.

Update us if they do, I'd be curious.

Edit: Failing a replacement, you can buy them on Bricklink from local sellers: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=10352c01pb01&idColor=88#T=S&C=88&O={"color":88,"iconly":0}

Edited by Yoggington

3 minutes ago, Yoggington said:

They are unlikely to be able to match like for like in this case, as that particular horse is out of print since 2022.

But, their customer service is really great compared to most companies. And there's been previous issues with a lot of reddish brown parts from that era. Send them an email, they may well send you a new 'similar' horse.

Update us if they do, I'd be curious.

Edit: Failing a replacement, you can buy them on Bricklink from local sellers: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=10352c01pb01&idColor=88#T=S&C=88&O={"color":88,"iconly":0}

Thank you. I sent an email. Hopefully they can send same or similar horse. My kid was adjusting the legs and it just snapped in half. I am aware of the brownish color piece been very brittle around this time. I've lost alot of orcs and PoP figures because of this issue. 

9 hours ago, Yoggington said:

I had one replaced last year, from a new sealed Helm's Deep. Even though they might not be available for sale on PAB, they might still have stocks for replacements. 

5 hours ago, MAB said:

I had one replaced last year, from a new sealed Helm's Deep. Even though they might not be available for sale on PAB, they might still have stocks for replacements. 

Receive an email from Lego this morning. They told me they haven't produced in over a decade, and told me to go to brinklink 😒

I understand the part isn't made anymore, but for how much lego costs, the piece should break easily.

Would it be wrong for me to use superglue on the horse to fix it?

2 hours ago, Shroffy123 said:

Receive an email from Lego this morning. They told me they haven't produced in over a decade, and told me to go to brinklink 😒

I understand the part isn't made anymore, but for how much lego costs, the piece should break easily.

Can't this one just be ordered from Lego Pick A Brick online?  Element ID: 6022359 Design ID: 10509, I always thought this was the same one from the set?  I bought a bunch of these a few years ago, but also some of the other horses to mix up my Rohirim Army (wanted the horses to have variation).  I also keep debating on getting the Avengers Horse from there but the eyelashes keep throwing me off so I haven't ordered one for Gandalf the White yet. 

2 hours ago, Shroffy123 said:

I'm surprised they didn't just offer you a different colour of horse, the earth orange one is in a production now for example, would work just as well here ( IMO) and is even in online pick-a-brick.