Caffeine

What's your ethnicity?

100% Italian

According to my genealogical research my family lives at least 400 years in the village where I live!

50% airsoft, 20% legos, 100% MMORPGs

Seriously? 50% American(But my mom was born in Columbia by American parents) and 50% jewish.

I'm a mix of Scottish, Irish, Brittish, German, and American. Not sure entirely how that is divided up though.

-'Skintas

Psst... the Scottish are British too. ;)

As for me, I consider myself English. I have strong Norman ancestry, and the Normans were Scandinavian so I have Scandinavian ancestry. I know that somewhere I have English ancestry (as in, Anglo-Saxons, the only true English) and Scottish ancestry. I probably also have some Celtic ancestry.

Oh and we all have some neanderthal DNA too, so I'm partly that.

Psst... the Scottish are British too. ;)

As for me, I consider myself English. I have strong Norman ancestry, and the Normans were Scandinavian so I have Scandinavian ancestry. I know that somewhere I have English ancestry (as in, Anglo-Saxons, the only true English) and Scottish ancestry. I probably also have some Celtic ancestry.

Oh and we all have some neanderthal DNA too, so I'm partly that.

:grin: , if you put it that way, everybody here could say that they're also Ethiopian, 'cause some time back, we all lived in Ethiopia (and neighbouring countries); except people who think humans originated in the Garden of Eden, though. Those guys would be Iraqis :tongue: (since the arable land between Tigris and Euphrates is thought by many to be the place the biblical Garden of Eden refers to).

I'm amazed at how much all you people know about your ancestry. Here in Europe, most people have been living in the same country for ages, so not a lot of people have split ethnicities. Oh, and for the record, I'm 50% Flemish and 50% German :grin: . I guess that would make me 100% Frankish :tongue: .

I'm roughly 50% British, 50% Kiwi (New Zealand). :classic:

I'm sure that there's other things mixed in, but nothing significant.

Although, since my New Zealand part isn't Maori, it could eventually be traced to European. And that could be traced back to...

Well, I think Khorne put it well.

:grin: , if you put it that way, everybody here could say that they're also Ethiopian, 'cause some time back, we all lived in Ethiopia (and neighbouring countries); except people who think humans originated in the Garden of Eden, though. Those guys would be Iraqis :tongue: (since the arable land between Tigris and Euphrates is thought by many to be the place the biblical Garden of Eden refers to).

I'm a mixture of Irish, Scottish and English. Theres a touch of German in there to.

Thats it, my Mom has spent hundreds of hours tracing our(my sister and I) roots and thats all she could find. She went back as far as the 1600 hundreds.

Edited by Ratshot

100% Yorkshire, hence why no one could understand a word I was saying when we went on holiday to the states :wink:

100% insane baby. Yes, I really am an insane baby.

In all seriousness: 50% Jamaican, 50% Bajan. No accent.

Edited by SilentMode

7/8 Slovak, 1/8 Polish. My mom is 100% Slovak (3rd generation)... my great-grandpa on my dad's side was Andy Warhol's cousin. Not many claims to fame if you're Slovak... at least not ones that Americans have heard of. ;)

I'm 100% french, born in the north of the country, and living in the south.

About french canadians, I must precise that they have a real cultural identity and language particularities. For example, it is quite difficult for french people to understand them speaking, as they use frenchified english words, or words that do not exist in France, while french from France tend to use american words.

Their traditions, country and history are also significantly different from the France's ones. Though they've come from France long ago, it would be an error to say they are just french. They're our cousins ! So, the term of french canadians seems appropriate to me. And for a lot of aspects, my opinion is that their country is better than France. Too bad I can't move there ! They even get the 8th Wonder of the World : maple sirup :p

I'm 100% white......but made up of Dutch, German, Croatian, English, and a tiny bit of Native American.

Cool fact: my great-grandfather was able to trace his family back to one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, Josiah Bartlett.

100% Awesome, 50% ego, 90% confused, 58% wrong, 0% care factor, 1% humility, 3% free roaming radicals, and 0% mathematician..........you do the math.

Spanish, British, either Irish or Scottish (can't remember which), a TINY bit Native American (As in like 1 family member many generations back...)

Edited by brickmack