Caffeine

What's your ethnicity?

50%Swedish, 25% German, and 25% mix of a bunch of other stuff consisting of Irish, Native American, and a few other European nations including whichever one Edgar Allen Poe was of(I'm descended from him).

French Canadians have an accent that is more like half British and half French, and all French Canadians are born obsessed with ice hockey. :-D

Eh, I'm a French Canadian and I really don't care about ice hockey. But in my familly, I'm the only exception.

I'm the only exception, as well, that is a fan of Lego.

It is true that our language is a mix between British English and old French language. And we have some expressions that can make us look like retarded cause we speak a kind of French dialect named the "joual". But you must know that our ancestors where French, Irish, and people banned from their countries without a good education. They were obliged to populate a French Colony in North America.

Later, the British came and they took the rest of Canada. The French colony named "Nouvelle France" has become the Province of Quebec and there is where I live. The majority of French Canadian lives in that Province.

I'm mostly French Canadian, but I have Irish ancestors in my Mother's family. And I have some Viking blood from my Dad one :pirate:.

I've got some Iroquois in my background as well as pretty much any country in Europe that you can name. So I'll just call it Canadian, since I don't really have a dominant background.

I'm about a third Irish (some from both sides), a quarter Czech, and the rest mixed European heritage. All of this adds up to one thing: PALE

Well Im a New Zealander but more specifically im 1/4 scottish, 1/8 irish and the rest New Zealander.

I am 100% Dust in the wind.

On somewhat more serious note I am 70% "Hoosier" and 30% "Buckeye". I will give you a cookie, if you can figure out what a "Hoosier" and a "Buckeye" are.

100% Irish. Specifically Celtic Irish, because you could also be Irish of English, Norman, Viking or Scottish ancestry. We're so easy yet pointless to invade....

100% American, even though ancestors go back to Germany... :look:

Or you could say 50% Texan and 50% South Carolinian. :grin:

Guess I'm the only American of African decent here...as usual. :hmpf:

Moving to Spain soon so I'm not sure what I will be as time goes on and my dominant language and cultural patterns change! I like to immerse myself in different cultures, I'm a citizen of the world I guess.

Couldn't agree more with these folks:

For me, a person is really defined by where they live and in turn, by what they contribute to their community. An Australian living in Belgium isn't any more or less Belgian than a Englishman living in Belgium. The fact that the Englishman is European and the Australian isn't really relevant. Both individuals are simply there. Heck, both of those immigrants may contribute far more to Belgian society than many citizens who have lived all of their lives there. Ultimately, the only thing worth measuring is the contributions we make to the community around us.
Being Canadian simply means that I live in and contribute to this country, just as you being European means you live in and contribute to European society. In turn, I am bound by the laws and orders that regulate this land and you are governed by a similar set of rules in your nation. I recognize that these may be artificial constructs but I don't really feel that I can draw a distinction between a continental division and a national one. Heck, in a federal state like Canada we are further sub-divided into provinces. Our identity is very much defined by the rules and regulations which we are subjected to, even if they are artificial.

Ethnicity involves the common consciousness of shared origins and traditions.It is a population of human beings whose members identify with each other,either on the basis of a presumed common genealogy or recognition by others as a distinct group or by common cultural,linguistic,religious or territorial traits. :classic:

I'm something like: 50% American, 10% Russian, 20% British (Scottish), 10% French, and 10% Norwegian.

Ya, I'm all mixed up :sceptic:

Edited by PerryDaPirate

3/8 German, 1/8 Czech (my last name is Czech), 1/4 Dutch, 1/8 Welsh, 1/8 Cherokee. Makes me mostly European but 500th Generation North American.

My family is about 90% Irish and then the rest is part native American, English and French. I consider myself American though with an irish background.

My one side of the family has been living in Canada since 1800's, them being mostly English, a bit Irish, and part Native American. The other side is from Portugal, moved to Trinidad, and then to Canada.

50% Irish, 25% Cherokee, 12.5% German, 12.5% Czech..

I pretty much take pride in the Irish and Cherokee part. Heck, my last name is as Irish as they come.

Some Quechan (Am. Indian) and African.

Me am 100% Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene!

ORC!

I'm Glad you assimilated into US culture but the majority of illegals from South and Central America do not.

So what is the problem?

[completely unrelated to the above quote] I think that some people are confusing "ethnicity" with "nationality." I am an ethnic Korean who still has retained Korean citizenship but maintains residence in the United States.

Let's not turn this into a debate in any way, shape or form. Please, feel free to share (I'm 50 % Polish), but let's not start attacking any particular group over anything.

If this can't be friendly then it's closed.