aminnich

3 functions through the newer turntable

Hey guys, I am wondering if anyone knows of a good idea to accomplish getting 3 functions through the new turntable.  

I have seen some of the ideas using the older turntable, but I was curious if they could get more compact using the new turntable. 

Thanks

I don't know that the new turntable would offer much of a difference versus the old one in this regard.   It has more space, but I don't think space was the problem with getting three functions through the center of the old turntable.  The issue was how to get three shafts spinning around each other without getting in the way of each other as well.  

This might help:

The new turntable doesn't really solve any of these issues, other than maybe give a bit more space.

8 hours ago, aminnich said:

Hey guys, I am wondering if anyone knows of a good idea to accomplish getting 3 functions through the new turntable.  

I have seen some of the ideas using the older turntable, but I was curious if they could get more compact using the new turntable. 

Thanks

I'm keeping this video with the old one, maybe it will be usefull fro your purpose..

Those are nice concpets, but will they really work. Really working, sturdy solution will be much more massive, I suppose. 

It is like with some axle concepts, which looks good, are functional, narrow, but You can't put in real car, as it is not sturdy, or there are no good options to connect that axle to mainframe.

1 minute ago, Jurss said:

Those are nice concpets, but will they really work. Really working, sturdy solution will be much more massive, I suppose. 

It is like with some axle concepts, which looks good, are functional, narrow, but You can't put in real car, as it is not sturdy, or there are no good options to connect that axle to mainframe.

Exactly, they use a lot of space to make them sturdy and are suitable for bigger MOCs (together with gear rings from BWE ot RTC)...example like truck by @Lucio Switch

@msk6003 this is very nice solution, but it is s bit to fragile and connectors get loose; at least on my test because I have used similar way for 3 functions for Mulag attachment for my Unimog. I do not know if this is for @aminnich's needs, but I would try to make it using frames 5 X 7 somehow to make it stiff enough ?

The common idea is very good ?

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

Maybe this will help.

Only one of those is coaxial. I think the OP is looking for three coaxial functions that will work while retaining 360° rotation of the superstructure.

3 hours ago, suffocation said:

I think the OP is looking for three coaxial functions that will work while retaining 360° rotation of the superstructure.

You are correct, before I thought about it, I had the 3 axles separate in the turntables.... but that did not work at all