Hey everyone,

It's not an Osprey, but it's a tiltrotor aircraft! My latest MOC and user of all my white pieces. It has 7 functions, all manual:

• Tilt rotors
  • Spin propellers
  • Landing gear
  • Elevator
  • Flaps, Ailerons (combined as one to make Flaperons as in the real aircraft)
  • Rotor pitch(for helicopter mode)

The build was a lot of fun. I got to experiment with lots of different techniques and in the end I built the plane in a way I didn't expect: I built the wings and then worked down and out from there. I must have ripped the plane apart at least 10 times to make modifications. In the end though, ti all worked out. Here's the video:

2018-07-30-06-21-48 (1)2018-07-30-06-23-082018-07-30-06-19-482018-07-30-06-17-572018-07-30-06-25-302018-07-30-06-24-28

That's it, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the MOC! As always, comments and criticism are more than appreciated.

BbBT

Awesome build! I love the clever details, original functions and to top it off the very flowing body design. You nailed it :thumbup:

I see you used the same design of flight controls as I did months ago. Great minds think alike.

Nice represtation on the outside, but the functions are slow and not smooth.

I read your opening line and then saw the first picture.  If this isn't an Osprey then, I'd love to see you try to make one :classic:

Really good lines and great functions.  

It looks so smooth and clean (and in white it looks elegant) :thumbup:

6 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Awesome build! I love the clever details, original functions and to top it off the very flowing body design. You nailed it :thumbup:

Thank you very much!

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I see you used the same design of flight controls as I did months ago. Great minds think alike.

Nice represtation on the outside, but the functions are slow and not smooth.

:laugh: I guess so! Thanks, and I guess slowness is the disadvantage of a manual gearbox.

5 hours ago, Boulderer said:

I read your opening line and then saw the first picture.  If this isn't an Osprey then, I'd love to see you try to make one :classic:

Really good lines and great functions.  

Thank you! I guess I would wait some time before making an osprey... I've had enough of tiltrotors for now :grin:

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Looks really nice but my friend you need bigger props :tongue:

Thanks! I checked some images, you are right.

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

It looks so smooth and clean (and in white it looks elegant) :thumbup:

Thank you! I like white best for aircraft.

I like the fact that everything is controlled by one knob. I'm very interested to see the insides, all the mechanisms and whatnot.

21 hours ago, pagicence said:

I like the fact that everything is controlled by one knob. I'm very interested to see the insides, all the mechanisms and whatnot.

Thanks! The insides are really buried in there, so maybe I could take a picture of them but it would be really hard to do without destroying the plane.

13 hours ago, Seasider said:

As a fan of Technic aircraft that’s an amazing model

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Great build! The body looks very sleek and resembles the aircraft in real life really well!

But one suggestion, you should add some different colors to it as it does look a bit bland right now

Edited by JarJarBonks

3 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Great build! The body looks very sleek and resembles the aircraft in real life really well!

But one suggestion, you should add some different colors to it as it does look a bit bland right now

Thank you! You're right, I should add some more orange.

I also got some comments on YT saying that I should motorize the gearbox functions. I will contemplate releasing an update for this project adding more color and motorizing.

I quite like the flash of orange on the mostly white build. More colour could risk making it look fussy.