Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Yup these all look great. Since I couldn't get my hands on 2 silver centurions to moc up a quick mark 5, the fact Lego is releasing a really good one is appreciated. Side note: silver centurion has dagger type things printed on his arms, so they probably wouldn't look great on the mark 5.

I've never got a Nebula before, mainly because I didn't buy any GotG 1 sets and the GotG 2 set she was in I didn't like. I'm glad she has a neutral expression, because I never like when they give someone a bared teeth angry face as their only face print. Wish she wasn't wearing the QR suit. I can see her coming in the same set as all of the Iron Man armours.

3 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Yeah, Disney are pretty cheap when it comes to production costs. There are a LOT of Marvel heroes that could benefit from new parts but Disney always seems to use the cheapest option, even in big sets that are supposed to show the unique suits in the legacy of the characters.

Why are you blaming Disney? Shouldn't you be blaming Lego? Lego uses lots of new molds for Star Wars figures, Star Wars is owned by Disney.

4 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I've never got a Nebula before, mainly because I didn't buy any GotG 1 sets and the GotG 2 set she was in I didn't like. I'm glad she has a neutral expression, because I never like when they give someone a bared teeth angry face as their only face print. Wish she wasn't wearing the QR suit. I can see her coming in the same set as all of the Iron Man armours.

Agreed. 

By the look of it she is using the same expression in Gotg1 but sharing the color scheme of Gotg2.

No need to doubt the fig now, coz a good friend of mine already confirmed that the fig is real. @agoodfella77.

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Same thing, I could see another Tony. Coz if you look really close their heads are clear ones just like the 42 in IM3. 

For the price point, 5 is being generous so 4 figs is my safest bet with Tony/Rescue 

Isnt the price 60$? It's sad that 5 minifigs is generous at that price point, Especially in a theme that is mostly dedicated to the minifigs 

32 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Why are you blaming Disney? Shouldn't you be blaming Lego? Lego uses lots of new molds for Star Wars figures, Star Wars is owned by Disney.

Ultimately the budgeting and profit margins come down to Disney. They have a track record of being super stingy with their IP's. They wouldn't put anything Disney in Dimensions, and have practically boycotted dual moulding and arm printing since it started. They reuse old helmets for figures despite massive inaccuracies, and almost never have new parts in their sets (especially prevalent in Marvel (Even that new Cap is just a recolour of the Ultron helmet)). Warner Bros. usually has a lot cheaper sets with better printing.

Just now, legosamsonite said:

Isnt the price 60$? It's sad that 5 minifigs is generous at that price point, Especially in a theme that is mostly dedicated to the minifigs 

Yes, it's $60. I don't recall any sets that has 6 or more with that price. I'm not sure tho. If someone can correct me, I'd be happy. 

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

(Even that new Cap is just a recolour of the Ultron helmet)

You don't know what you're saying.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

You don't know what you're saying.

Actually, I was wrong. I thought it was a re-colour of the 76029 helmet, but it does appear to be ever so slightly different.

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

Actually, I was wrong. I thought it was a re-colour of the 76029 helmet, but it does appear to be ever so slightly different.

It's different, especially in the nose part of the mask/helmet. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Yes, it's $60. I don't recall any sets that has 6 or more with that price. I'm not sure tho. If someone can correct me, I'd be happy. 

Thor vs hulk had 5 for 60$

Ultimate battle for asgard had 6 for 50$

Hydra hulk attack thing had 4 +hulk for 50$

Malibu mansion had 5 for 40$

Those were the days, even the 40$ IW set had 5 figs

Just now, legosamsonite said:

Thor vs hulk had 5 for 60$

Ultimate battle for asgard had 6 for 50$

Hydra hulk attack thing had 4 +hulk for 50$

Malibu mansion had 5 for 40$

Those were the days, even the 40$ IW set had 5 figs

Ultimate Battle for Asgard had 6 but 2 of them are same exact figures.

It will be nice to have 6 figures for this set knowing that it could mean more suit for Tony Stark but, I highly doubt it.

33 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Ultimate Battle for Asgard had 6 but 2 of them are same exact figures.

It will be nice to have 6 figures for this set knowing that it could mean more suit for Tony Stark but, I highly doubt it.

I would love for it to come with more armors but I doubt it as well. One suit from each Iron Man movie makes sense, though I would certainly not say no to more

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would love for it to come with more armors but I doubt it as well. One suit from each Iron Man movie makes sense, though I would certainly not say no to more

Indeed, I would love to have Midas. Hotrod, Red Snapper and Shotgun.  

I'm leaning towards Rescue/Pepper or Tony Stark.

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Ultimately the budgeting and profit margins come down to Disney. They have a track record of being super stingy with their IP's. They wouldn't put anything Disney in Dimensions, and have practically boycotted dual moulding and arm printing since it started. They reuse old helmets for figures despite massive inaccuracies, and almost never have new parts in their sets (especially prevalent in Marvel (Even that new Cap is just a recolour of the Ultron helmet)). Warner Bros. usually has a lot cheaper sets with better printing.

I don’t think you can blame Disney. Lego is the one budgeting for new molds and printing, and the fact is simply that Star Wars makes a lot more money than Marvel for Lego, so they pour more money into that theme. Marvel characters have had dual molding many times, as well as arm printing. I for one am very happy with how the Marvel figures for Endgame are turning out. The Thanos bigfig is the first one ever with arm printing, and the regular minifigures have detailed head to toe printing for the team suits and the Iron Man suits are also printed head to toe. Leg printing for Marvel characters has been rarer and rarer over the past few years but I’m glad to see they’re including it where it’s needed so far. 

2 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

You really need to look more carefully, the new helmet is COMPLETELY different to Ultron's. It is similair to the Flash cowl though

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

You really need to look more carefully, the new helmet is COMPLETELY different to Ultron's. It is similair to the Flash cowl though

Nah, you both giys need to look carefully. Flash's cowl actually have molding in each side for the lighting volt design. This one doesn't have it. Even though it has the wing printing it is flat. 

Will the $20 endgame Captain America set include that new helmet mold for Captain America or is that exclusive to the team suit?

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm leaning towards Rescue/Pepper or Tony Stark.

Agreed. I don’t believe Nebula will be in the Hall of Armors set, rather the leaker just happened to have her figure from another set next to the armors. 

12 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

@TOTDForever no one knows. 

I'm leaning towards it being a fair assumption. It wouldn't make sense if they selectively gave different versions of the same character special treatment like new molds, especially when this particular helmet mold would work with any MCU variation of Captain America that we have seen so far

22 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Nah, you both giys need to look carefully. Flash's cowl actually have molding in each side for the lighting volt design. This one doesn't have it. Even though it has the wing printing it is flat. 

Yeah duhh. I said they were 'similair', not the exact same. Anyone with working eyes can see Cap's helmet doesn't have Flash's lightning bolts, but the base helmet design is the same

6 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Agreed. I don’t believe Nebula will be in the Hall of Armors set, rather the leaker just happened to have her figure from another set next to the armors. 

But trust me, as we don't know what will happen in the movie, today it could be far fetched but once the movie is released Nebula might be on that scene and it make sense why she's on the lego set.

Just now, TOTDForever said:

I'm leaning towards it being a fair assumption. It wouldn't make sense if they selectively gave different versions of the same character special treatment like new molds, especially when this particular helmet mold would work with any MCU variation of Captain America that we have seen so far

We don't even know if there will be a second design for Cap. 

Trust me, assumptions could lead to dissapointments. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah duhh. I said they were 'similair', not the exact same. Anyone with working eyes can see Cap's helmet doesn't have Flash's lightning bolts, but the base helmet design is the same

It's your point of view, I can respect it. But if I were to pick. I would choose Ultron's to be simillar with the new Cap helm they are both rounded without moldings, rather than Flash's cowls that is pointy and rigged. 

11 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

But trust me, as we don't know what will happen in the movie, today it could be far fetched but once the movie is released Nebula might be on that scene and it make sense why she's on the lego set.

We don't even know if there will be a second design for Cap. 

Trust me, assumptions could lead to dissapointments. 

It's your point of view, I can respect it. But if I were to pick. I would choose Ultron's to be simillar with the new Cap helm they are both rounded without moldings, rather than Flash's cowls that is pointy and rigged. 

So long as the new helmet mold comes in the cheapest set, I could care less what suit he has 

4 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I wouldn't blame Disney for their lack of involvement in Dimensions. Disney Infinity, their own toys-to-life game which would've been a competitor with Dimensions, was still being made at the time. By the time Infinity was cancelled, Dimensions Year 2 content was only released a few months later, which definitely wouldn't have been enough time for them to work things out, get the content approved, and then produce it.

4 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

What makes you think Disney has any say in the budget? Lego pays for a license and they design all the sets. Disney get a final say on products, but they don't dictate whether or not Lego can use dual moulding etc. What Disney can likely be blamed for is how much they charge for the license. If they want a higher percentage of the set value, then there is less money available for printing / dual moulding, but they aren't directly responsible for the decision not to use it. 

The reason Disney IPs don't exist in Dimensions is because it was a competing product to their own game being developed by a rival company (WB).  

Figures look great! MK1 is still my favorite since it is so iconic and long overdue. Not mad at no arm printing, but if they were to give it to any of the 3 I’d say give it to the MK5. It desperately needs more silver. I’d even say silver arms with red hands might look more accurate.

Also, can’t seem to find the leaked Nebula anywhere on insta. Any help?