Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

One thing some people may not have noticed considering the Mad Hatter rumor, is that the pose-able short legs recently introduced in the Harry Potter CMF would be perfect for him, since he's almost always portrayed as short and small. Also, the top hat used for Penguin in LBM would also work great for him, although it would have to be green of course. So with both of these pieces being used, it would sure liken the chances of finally getting him as a minifig.

Lego Hips and Medium LegsLego Minifig, Headgear Hat, Top Hat with Ribbon

9 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

One thing some people may not have noticed considering the Mad Hatter rumor, is that the pose-able short legs recently introduced in the Harry Potter CMF would be perfect for him, since he's almost always portrayed as short and small. Also, the top hat used for Penguin in LBM would also work great for him, although it would have to be green of course. So with both of these pieces being used, it would sure liken the chances of finally getting him as a minifig.

Not to mention the bow tie piece...

Really all the cards are in place for a Mad Hatter fig, it just depends whether Lego decides to act.

On 8/12/2018 at 4:50 PM, Mountain Drew said:

The reason I'm only doing Batman villains is because of that rumor that the next wave of DC sets is going to be Batman-themed. 

Is this news? :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Not to mention the bow tie piece...

Really all the cards are in place for a Mad Hatter fig, it just depends whether Lego decides to act.

And the teacup from Harry Potter CMFs

Heck, what else do they need?

57 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

If you wanted to go with a hatchet job the CMF Balloon Clown has a green hat that could have the print removed. And a bowtie. And long coat tails. But yeah, 

38 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

the teacup from Harry Potter CMFs

they are running out of excuses, surely.

If he's coming I'd kinda prefer an animated series Hatter, who's at normal height and wears a blue outfit and a black hat. We need more main Batman villains in blue.

So lets's see, we already have a wacky top hat, short legs, bow tie, teacup, and a March Harriet minifig. Now all we need is Lego to finallly pull the trigger. Perhaps make the entire set Wonderland, seeing as his henchmen are called the Wonderland Gang.

6 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

So lets's see, we already have a wacky top hat, short legs, bow tie, teacup, and a March Harriet minifig. Now all we need is Lego to finallly pull the trigger. Perhaps make the entire set Wonderland, seeing as his henchmen are called the Wonderland Gang.

Throw in Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb and that would be a day one purchased!

I think the reason why we haven't gotten a Mad Hatter fig yet is because the name belongs to Alice in Wonderland, and Alice and Wonderland is owned by Disney. What confuses me though is that the Mad Hatter is used relatively often is comics, cartoons, etc. So maybe Lego just has something against giving us what we want. But anyway, if the rumor turns out to be true, I'm sure he'll be used in a set as a secondary villain, like Captain Boomerang or Killer Moth.

Or maybe Lego can finally give us the set we've all been begging for...

Image result for lego batman mad hatter glider

Or maybe...

Image result for lego batman mad hatter steamboat

2 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I think the reason why we haven't gotten a Mad Hatter fig yet is because the name belongs to Alice in Wonderland, and Alice and Wonderland is owned by Disney. What confuses me though is that the Mad Hatter is used relatively often is comics, cartoons, etc. So maybe Lego just has something against giving us what we want.

Disney own their version of AiW, not it as a whole. 

1 minute ago, RedHoodPug said:

Disney own their version of AiW, not it as a whole. 

Exactly

I love Disney but I hate when people think they own the original properties 

Disney own their design of the Mad Hatter, not the character himself. Just like DC comics own their design of the Mad Hatter as well

6 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I thought Mad Hatter was just wishful speculation, when did it become an actual rumor? 

It is only ever speculation at this point. He is probably the most desired unreleased Batman villain I've seen people want on here, though, so any time speculation on new sets come up, he will inevitably come up in discussions. This time around, because of the appearance of the new hat and leg pieces that would make him more accurate, I feel like there is more justification for it; now would clearly be the ideal time to drop him into a set, if Lego is planning to do so.

1 hour ago, BaneShake said:

He is probably the most desired unreleased Batman villain I've seen people want on here

I'm surprised people don't want Hush more really

57 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

I'm surprised people don't want Hush more really

I personally would rather have Hush, but Hatter has been repressented a lot more in both live action (1966 and Gotham) and animated TV series, as well as appearing in the Arkham games. Hush has also appeared in the Arkham games, as well as the LEGO Batman games, but really nothing else after that. Also Hatter has been in comics since 1943, while Hush since 2003, so I would imagine he has a bigger fanbase

Ah okay thanks for clearing that up, just kept seeing the word rumor next to his name. I was hoping there was some actual truth to it. 

I mean if people want a Hush minifig, you can combine the Mad-Eye Moody torso and Knightmare Batman legs- The trench coat print lines up perfectly! Add a Mummy head and you're all set (at least until Lego releases an official fig)

Oh, I thought the Mad Hatter thing was an actual rumor instead of speculation (I'm not 100% sure what the difference is, but whatever). I guess if its not anything "official" then we can just move on to another subject. Based on what we've seen in the gameplay footage and trailers for DC Supervillains, which locations / vehicles / characters do you guys think are most likely to appear in the January wave? I personally think we'll see yet another Batmobile, since its been a couple of years.

2 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Oh, I thought the Mad Hatter thing was an actual rumor instead of speculation (I'm not 100% sure what the difference is, but whatever). I guess if its not anything "official" then we can just move on to another subject. Based on what we've seen in the gameplay footage and trailers for DC Supervillains, which locations / vehicles / characters do you guys think are most likely to appear in the January wave? I personally think we'll see yet another Batmobile, since its been a couple of years.

I’m quite hopeful that @Duncan Young‘s notion that Grundy and Copperhead were going to come with the app-controlled Batmobile wasn’t far from the truth and they come with a regular, hand-controlled Batmobile.

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m quite hopeful that @Duncan Young‘s notion that Grundy and Copperhead were going to come with the app-controlled Batmobile wasn’t far from the truth and they come with a regular, hand-controlled Batmobile.

Interesting. This could happen although we've recently had two Batmobiles in the TLBM theme.

6 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Oh, I thought the Mad Hatter thing was an actual rumor instead of speculation (I'm not 100% sure what the difference is, but whatever) 

Rumour is someone claims too know its coming (basically) and speculation is people think its gonna come but no proof

6 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

which locations / vehicles / characters do you guys think are most likely to appear in the January wave? I personally think we'll see yet another Batmobile, since its been a couple of years.

I think we're definitely getting a new Joker, a Solomon Grundy is possible, I don't think we'll get a Mad Hatter, but vehicles wise, i think we'll get a new joker vehicle and thats all i can guess, location wise i think GCPD

3 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

Solomon Grundy is possible

I second this, purely on the notion that Poison Ivy in 2019 is based off her LDCSV variant, and Grundy, rather than the detailed suit of his LBM3 variant, his clothes are printed on. LEGO would just need to use the 2015 Hulk mold to bring this version to life

Definitely think we'll get joker and possibly a new Two Face(last on was 2012 outside of lbm. Hoping for Mad Hatter and Grundy but both are toss ups. I'd like to see maybe an ace chemical build since it will be the 80th anniversary and all

For 50 years of batman 66. Lego released the 66 batcave D2C.

90 years next year can we expect another large D2C set  or is the rumored Gotham PD fall under that category?

Personally i would love another large vehicle display. A 89 batwing.