Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

You guys think Riddler’s gonna outrun the Batmobile with his purple skateboard? :iamded_lol:

———————————

Mr. Freeze set looks really really great. I already have versions of those figures though so I can’t see myself picking it up.

GCPD cop car looks amazing. Only took us a decade to get one. 

Batmobile for $30 looks pretty good.

So I guess that movie inaccurate Shazam wasn’t from the movie set? That’s good, so I guess we haven’t seen the DCEU Shazam yet unless they cheap out and use the exact same one. I like that Clayface but I’m not spending that much on the set. I probably won’t get any of these honestly. Not super into DC but who knows, I may get a couple of the cheaper ones and I’ll get some of the other figures on BL or eBay. I do like that Riddler too.

I love the Burton style Batmobile! But that set is the only set I think I’d get day one. Batcave looks awful in my opinion, so many pieces just scattered around and clay face looks terrible. I really like the new Two-Face but that’s about it. Mysterio’s helmet looks odd on Freeze but need more photos to judge. Batwing set is just ok. It’s cool to get a GCPD car though. I hope the D2C really impresses. 

8 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So I guess that movie inaccurate Shazam wasn’t from the movie set? That’s good, so I guess we haven’t seen the DCEU Shazam yet unless they cheap out and use the exact same one. I like that Clayface but I’m not spending that much on the set. I probably won’t get any of these honestly. Not super into DC but who knows, I may get a couple of the cheaper ones and I’ll get some of the other figures on BL or eBay. I do like that Riddler too.

This is the set with Shazam, unfortunately. There won’t be a DCEU set.

24 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Turns out I'm right about my guess on Mysterio's bowl for Freeze.

Indeed you are, and the lack of print distortion is just plain AWESOME:thumbup: :devil_laugh:

LEGO-Batman-80th-Anniversary-76118-Mr.-Freeze-Batcycle-Battle-1024x474.jpg

P.S. Notice how the Batmobile looks a minifigure-scaled tribute to the original 2006 UCS Batmobile?! :oh:

LEGO-Batman-80th-Anniversary-76119-Batmobile-Pursuit-of-The-Joker-1024x750.jpg

Majority of figures are spectacular, Batmobile and Bacave are batastic!! :wub: 

A bit miffed that Robin doesn’t use the medium size legs, but overall a very high quality wave even the 4+ sets look decent. 

Edited by Foxes Productionz

To be honest, kind of a weak wave.

Mr. Freeze looks pretty good. Would’ve preferred mid-legs for Robin.

Batmobile looks good, but I wish they included some sort of vehicle for Joker like they did in the ‘08 with his ice cream truck.

Riddler Chase: Looks like a juniors set, why Batman needs Shazam to beat Riddler, I don’t know. 

Batcave: Clayface looks horrible, but overall batcave looks pretty good, but needs some more refining. But I would’ve prefered Two-face in his ‘06 variation.

Overall, Mixed bunch.

I would’ve prefered more villains and characters, Bane, Alfred, Penguin, Black Adam, and more.

I think characters should look more like the ‘06 versions, Riddler, Harley, Two-face look weird.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

I like the Batmobile! Pretty good build.

and does the batcave has a tiny trophy room? A mini-dino, a mini-dollar?

7 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

To be honest, kind of a weak wave.

Mr. Freeze looks pretty good. Would’ve preferred mid-legs for Robin.

Batmobile looks good, but I wish they included some sort of vehicle for Joker like they did in the ‘08 with his ice cream truck.

Riddler Chase: Looks like a juniors set, why Batman needs Shazam to beat Riddler, I don’t know. 

Batcave: Clayface looks horrible, but overall batcave looks pretty good, but needs some more refining. But I would’ve prefered Two-face in his ‘06 variation.

Overall, Mixed bunch.

I would’ve prefered more villains and characters, Bane, Alfred, Penguin, Black Adam, and more.

I think characters should look more like the ‘06 versions, Riddler, Harley, Two-face look weird.

This pretty much sums everything up. I will buy the Shazam set for the figures and probably the batcave on a 30% discount. Clayface looks horrible :P

2 minutes ago, Borex said:

and does the batcave has a tiny trophy room? A mini-dino, a mini-dollar?

Looks like there’s the Joker Card as well, under the penny.

4 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Actually, that it is a one-sided set so to speak really impresses me, as it's more akin to Lego sets from the olden days which were more like model kits rather than playsets. Lego really needs to go back to doing that more often, and I'm further impressed to see that happen nowadays with a licensed set! :thumbup: :smug:

OK, I guess that one-sided format is the norm for Star Wars sets.

Honestly, nearly all the sets are bad.

76118 - The builds actually look nice.  Minifigure selection is great, but Mr. Freeze off, probably beacuse of the arms and helmet. Robin looks much better with black Lloyd's hair.

76119 - Batmobile looks good, but kinda plain and... undetailed. I hate old Joker's face and hair, but they still reuse it. Two minifigures for a $30 price...

76120 - Builds are cool, love the GCPD car. Minifigures are also great, but why is there no Shazam's hairpiece.

76122 - Batcave design is great, but because of the brown clay elements, it looks like it's partially made out of wood. Bat-Tank is bad. Clayface is awful. Minifigures are mainly bad, I hate new Two-Face and Bruce Wayne. Why is another Batwoman even there?

76137 - I actually really like the builds, as much as you can love Junior builds. Great way to get my favourite villain, but why Batman here is same old Batman?

76138 - The builds look rather bad. Minifigure are also boring, I love new Harley Quinn's face and hair tho.

14 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Actually, that it is a one-sided set so to speak really impresses me, as it's more akin to Lego sets from the olden days which were more like model kits rather than playsets. Lego really needs to go back to doing that more often, and I'm further impressed to see that happen nowadays with a licensed set! :thumbup: :smug:

OK, I guess that one-sided format is the norm for Star Wars sets.

I didn't notice that, and I agree. It's not really intended to be a Batman vs. Joker chase, but for $30 you get Batman, the Joker, and the Batmobile. It's a really good set for those just getting into the theme.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

76118 - The builds actually look nice.  Minifigure selection is great, but Mr. Freeze off, probably beacuse of the arms and helmet. Robin looks much better with black Lloyd's hair.

76119 - Batmobile looks good, but kinda plain and... undetailed. I hate old Joker's face and hair, but they still reuse it. Two minifigures for a $30 price...

76120 - Builds are cool, love the GCPD car. Minifigures are also great, but why is there no Shazam's hairpiece.

76122 - Batcave design is great, but because of the brown clay elements, it looks like it's partially made out of wood. Bat-Tank is bad. Clayface is awful. Minifigures are mainly bad, I hate new Two-Face and Bruce Wayne. Why is another Batwoman even there?

As you can't really count 4+ sets as part of a wave imo, I think you like this wave more than you're saying in the first line. :grin: The things you don't like are minifigure based decisions (small) and clayface/bat tank. 

Just now, BigGuy4U said:

I didn't notice that, and I agree. It's not really intended to be a Batman vs. Joker chase, but for $30 you get Batman, the Joker, and the Batmobile. It's a really good set for those just getting into the theme.

Yeah, 342 pieces for US $29.99? That's pretty decent! :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

76119 - Batmobile looks good, but kinda plain and... undetailed.

Come on, it's a minifigure-scaled replica of the original UCS Batmobile! How cool is that! :oh3:

7784-1.jpg?200605090307

I'm actually kinda surprised by the (generally) negative response seen here, these sets may be retreads but they are beautiful retreads.

Love this wave! I find it funny how they just threw Shazam into a set with Batman and Riddler just like the first set with Flash. I like the bat cave quite a bit and I think it’s the best one since the original (but I still like that one better because of the turnstile). It has a great minifig selection though I would’ve like Tim Drake in his current suit instead of a repeat of Damian and Kate. Two Face and Catwoman are perfect (especially if you’ve read All-Star Batman) and I like Clayface, but the TLBM one was better. I like the miniature trophy room a lot as well. The Mr. Freeze set is a great throwback to the 2008 one. The Batmobile looks like a perfect rendition of the ‘89 one I just hope it’s not $40. The Batwing set is absolutely fantastic and on of the best DC sets in years. The juniors sets also look better than previous ones and I might get the Arkham one for more prison suits and the Harley head and hairpiece. Was hoping for more new designs from DC Supervillains (namely Red Robin and Deathstroke), but what’re you gonna do?

edit: 501st post! :sweet:

Edited by halomaster96

Oh man, the vehicles are quite bad but the figures look good.

The batmobile looks a bit clunky but the batwing's just awful.

I had so much hope in the Batcave but it looks a bit too cluttered. I had hoped for an armory of sorts as seen in the New 52 comics.

Still, the Freeze and the Rebirth suit look good. 

Thebsets are fairly nice, just not really my cup of tea per se. I’m really bummed that there won’t be an official DCEU Shazam set though. I don’t know why Lego keeps doing that. I guess I’ll be relying on bootlegs yet again

Well isn't this a surprise.

The Batmobile set is a little barren considering there's no other vehicle for Joker (Does he really expect to outrun the Batmobile on foot?), but the design is pretty cool. It looks more like a scaled down UCS Batmobile from 2006 instead of a 100% 1989 Batmobile though, the original 2006 Batmobile was way more accurate than this one. Bit of a missed opportunity to not have exclusive minifigures of a Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker.

The Mr. Freeze set doesn't look that bad either. Looks like Lego went for his New 52/Rebirth design rather than his DC Super Villains look like all the others have. At first I thought that Bat vehicle was some weird Tumbler design, but it's actually two Batcycles that can split apart, cool.

The Batwing set is one I'm definitely getting with all that's included. Unlike most of the Batmobile's design, the Batwing looks like it came right from the '89 movie, and the GCPD car looks really good. Gordon's leg printing looks way better in this than the leaked photos too, and that exclusive Shazam is hard to pass up on (though why Batman needs his help to catch Riddler of all people...)

The two 4+ sets are whatever, the castle-like mini Arkham is interesting with some great exclusive pieces and figures, but I really thought they'd throw in an exclusive Riddler instead of just reusing the one from the Batwing set.

And finally, the Batcave. The descriptions weren't kidding when they said it looked like a blend of the past versions. It's has a darker color scheme like the 2006 version, with a structure set up mix of the 2012 and 2017 version. They even reused the exact same transformation feature from the 2012 Batcave in this one. It's kind of tiny though, I was expecting something a lot more bigger in size, a turntable for the Batmobile wouldn't have hurt either. For now it looks like the 2006 version still holds the top spot for best Batcave.

Though it does have some great details. The area above the jail cell is where you can actually dock the Batwing, and they even included a small callback to the 2006 Batcave with that bench press build. The standout section for me is the trophy area. A mini dinosaur, a penny AND a Joker card? Sure they're not gigantic, but at least it's better than nothing. Clayface doesn't look the greatest and the Bat Tank looks more like a Bat Rover, and that Bruce Wayne is a pretty big letdown, he doesn't even look similar to the face that's under the cowl. Why they included Batwoman again instead of someone like Alfred is beyond me. Personally I think they should've had Tim Drake in his current Robin suit in the set instead of Damian again. Two-Face...the less I say about him the better. I'm surprised they made his suit red instead of pink like the game version and used a different hair piece as well, and that Catwoman makes this set very tempting. The Rebirth Batman in all these sets looks like a much better upgrade from the current one we have too, give him the dual molded boots from the Jokerland/BVS Batman and he'll be complete.

Overall, not a bad wave, but there could be room for improvements. I'll definitely be getting most of these though.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

6 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

As you can't really count 4+ sets as part of a wave imo, I think you like this wave more than you're saying in the first line. :grin: The things you don't like are minifigure based decisions (small) and clayface/bat tank. 

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

76137 - I actually really like the builds, as much as you can love Junior builds. Great way to get my favourite villain, but why Batman here is same old Batman?

76138 - The builds look rather bad. Minifigure are also boring, I love new Harley Quinn's face and hair tho.

There are good things, I like many things about these sets. But the idea and actual concept for them is much better than what they turned out to be.

I also tried to complement as many things as could.

Kind of weak wave

The Batcave is the best set but my god Clayface is just plain awful

Batmobile and Mr Freeze set are ok I think 

The rest are kind of meh   

The 4+ sets are just... well 4+ sets