Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I bought the smaller Riddler set and the Batmobile today. 

Here are the minifigures with updated pieces

A War of Jokes and Riddles

That riddler looks great, and the trophy is very well done!

On 5/24/2019 at 1:27 AM, RedHoodPug said:

Stranger Things have happened. 

lol I see what you did there.

7 hours ago, Lego4366 said:

lol I see what you did there.

I couldn’t resist. I have absolutely zero inside information but that joke has miles left in it.

So when can we start to expect the next/2020 wave of dc sets. I’m just curious because I want to see if any JL sets are coming out, I’m sick of Batman sets just with OCCASIONAL JL members and just new outfits.

2 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

So when can we start to expect the next/2020 wave of dc sets. I’m just curious because I want to see if any JL sets are coming out, I’m sick of Batman sets just with OCCASIONAL JL members and just new outfits.

We can probably expect the 2020 sets in 2020

We had images of one set at the end of June last year, that could well be the same case again this year. Although we didn't know about the Ocean Master set until around October time (ish). Leaked information could come out at any time, but there's still half a year until the sets would even hit stores, the summer sets aren't even out just yet

10 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Phfft, how could you expect them to brand such sets now? Without the broadly encompassing DC SuperHeroes headlining, these sets are now branded by their focal-pointed hero/team, and I'm not quite sure if Justice League/other-character-besides-Batman branded sets would fly well under Batman-less headlining. :def_shrug:

On 5/24/2019 at 3:45 PM, Duncan Young said:

I bought the smaller Riddler set and the Batmobile today. 

Here are the minifigures with updated pieces

A War of Jokes and Riddles

Where are those Joker arms from?

My prediction for the next wave: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman.... chasing Killer Croc

I’ve just built all 6 sets and I’m happy with them :sweet: The designs of course aren’t on par with the TLBM ones, but it’s still very enjoyable stuff :thumbup: One thing though: I wonder what they had in mind when designing the new accessory pack that’s currently exclusive to the Batcave (the one with the buzzsaws, pots, greebling details etc) since the three-pronged parts aren’t used at all. Of course there are almost always leftovers with these accessory packs but not using one of the moulds in its very first appearance is kind of weird. Maybe they’ll be put to use in an upcoming set? :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’ve just built all 6 sets and I’m happy with them :sweet: The designs of course aren’t on par with the TLBM ones, but it’s still very enjoyable stuff :thumbup: One thing though: I wonder what they had in mind when designing the new accessory pack that’s currently exclusive to the Batcave (the one with the buzzsaws, pots, greebling details etc) since the three-pronged parts aren’t used at all. Of course there are almost always leftovers with these accessory packs but not using one of the moulds in its very first appearance is kind of weird. Maybe they’ll be put to use in an upcoming set? :classic:

Great observation @Lego-Freak! Do you have a picture of the instructions inventory with the accessory pack?

@J4ck: I can provide one later, but I’m pretty sure it’s the same as with all the other accessory packs where the whole bag counts as one part in the inventory :wink:

@Duncan Young: Sure, I’ll take a picture once I’m home, which should be the case in about 3 hours :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I decided to add pictures of the accessory bags as well, haven't seen any online so it might be of interest to some :purrr:

Accessory bag one (found in the Freeze and Batcave sets):47951471918_631b7720e3_z.jpg

Accessory bag two (exclusive to the Batcave for the time being):

47951469893_5acf753076.jpg 

Batcave instructions excerpt:

47951496336_102ed97869_c.jpg

And the requested picture of Two-Face with the 2016 Superman hairpiece:

47951493491_a500d04cb8_n.jpg

Too bad they chose the slicked-back hair over this one, a printed version of if would have looked better :sad:

@Lego-Freak Cheers! He looks pretty perfect like that honestly. While it'd look better with printing, or maybe a new mould all together, it's a much better representation of his look 

@Lego-Freak thanks for those pictures, they give a good idea of what we’re getting. Looks like a few will be useful for MOCs. I agree, though, why put a massive part in the accessory pack and not give it a role in its debut? 

26 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

[...]why put a massive part in the accessory pack and not give it a role in its debut? 

Plus the other parts that are actually used are pretty weird too, some of them provide random greebling details and the buzzsaws + bowls go into a jetpack of sorts :laugh: I can't help but feel that the parts were designed with a more specific application in mind, but I have no idea what that could be

@Lego-Freak Could you also happen to post some pictures of what the trophies look like, and how the Batwing looks when it's in the docking area section of the Batcave?

Edited by MisterBatfleck

18 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

@Lego-Freak Could you also happen to post some pictures of what the trophies look like, and how the Batwing looks when it's in the docking area section of the Batcave?

Sure, here you go :purrr:

47959776432_16aff31777_z.jpg

47959784513_03e004291f_z.jpg

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sure, here you go :purrr:

47959776432_16aff31777_z.jpg

47959784513_03e004291f_z.jpg

Nice looking sets!

Another hit to the bank account for myself!

What are those things in the first accessory bag? Like grenades?

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

What are those things in the first accessory bag? Like grenades?

No you stick ‘em in studs with holes and fire them out of stud shooters, look at the new $20 batman set.

Cheers @Lego-Freak