Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Wonder if their will be any TLM2 related McDonald's happy meal gift, if so I wonder if it will be the same trend of non lego toys and cups or if they will finally break the recent trend... man I remember as a kid those racers polybags they had wish they would do something simple 4-6 piece brick based toy

5 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

Wonder if their will be any TLM2 related McDonald's happy meal gift, if so I wonder if it will be the same trend of non lego toys and cups or if they will finally break the recent trend... man I remember as a kid those racers polybags they had wish they would do something simple 4-6 piece brick based toy

I think McDonald’s will make merch for TLM2. I also think, unfortunately, McDonald’s/Lego will keep up the trend in recent years.

30 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I think McDonald’s will make merch for TLM2. I also think, unfortunately, McDonald’s/Lego will keep up the trend in recent years.

Yeah, sadly!

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Shame, the racer poly bags seemed kinda cool.

They were, being a kid who loved Lego they were great little poly bags would use the wheel bases and make custom cars and all sorts of stuff while 3 pieces it still inspired creativity to build upon what was given. Something that would be great for kids of now to experience. Quite a shame they don't do brick based happy meal toys anymore.

7 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Hello there Friendos

https://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-movie-2-keeping-it-awesomer-with-emmet-exclusive-minifigure-revealed/

I can’t actually tell what the extra parts are. Can anyone help with identification?

It looks like the newer flower stem piece with bar, and not sure what the other thing is. Maybe the other parts are to make a small pot for it cause it could be his plant from the movie?

7 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

It looks like the newer flower stem piece with bar, and not sure what the other thing is. Maybe the other parts are to make a small pot for it cause it could be his plant from the movie?

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah, it is Planty

Thank you guys!

It seems Rex Dangervest's dinos have leaked. 

They are a blue (!) recolor of the baby dino mold from the JW line

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It seems Rex Dangervest's dinos have leaked. 

They are a blue (!) recolor of the baby dino mold from the JW line

Dang, those are kinda cool looking! :oh: That Bright Blue printed atop the Earth Blue is really neon in its aesthetic, plus I notice that the raptor has a single lighter-colored patch over his left eye. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love the new dino. It looks so cute and awesome in blue.

Wait, I get it now! The raptor is all blue as an easter egg reference to Jurassic World's Blue! :thumbup: :laugh:

I love the color of the new baby dino, this movie's sets seem to have something for everyone from space, dinos, steampunk/dieselpunk, minidolls and minifigures so much cool stuff to come from this

For being a Warner Bros. movie, they are certainly borrowing a lot from Universal

8 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

I love the color of the new baby dino, this movie's sets seem to have something for everyone from space, dinos, steampunk/dieselpunk, minidolls and minifigures so much cool stuff to come from this

Well, I'm still waiting for something truly Dieselpunk from this movie. :wink:

3 hours ago, x105Black said:

I like the new baby raptor in blue.  Looks good.

I wonder if we'll be seeing an adult raptor in those same colors. :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, I'm still waiting for something truly Dieselpunk from this movie. :wink:

I wonder if we'll be seeing an adult raptor in those same colors. :shrug_oh_well:

Me too, it seems to be leaning more steampunk but I'm hoping they throw us a bone with something full on dieselpunk. And an adult raptor done up in the same colors would be an automatic buy for me the colors and design of the baby are just amazing. 

1 minute ago, Nexogeek said:

Me too, it seems to be leaning more steampunk but I'm hoping they throw us a bone with something full on dieselpunk. 

Honestly, Apocalypseburg and its citizens definitely fall quite plainly into the Mad Max, Post-Apocalyptic genre more so than either Steampunk or Dieselpunk. Those latter two can crossover with/into the Post-Apocalyptic genre at times, but Steampunk relies on being set in an alternate history that takes off from the Victorian/Industrial Age onwards, while Dieselpunk shoots off anywhere starting from World War I to World War II and anything in between those two wars.

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That would be pretty great.

12 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

So do we think Batman will get a ride this time round in set form?

It's all but inevitable. Especially considering the description of the trailer we saw indicated he had some kind of wasteland mech. 

I'm hoping for a Bat-Off-Roadster myself. 

17 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

It's all but inevitable. Especially considering the description of the trailer we saw indicated he had some kind of wasteland mech. 

I'm hoping for a Bat-Off-Roadster myself. 

That would be the dream. It seems that its almost an lock in considering the lack of DC sets. 

Images should start apperaing start of December? 

8 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

That would be the dream. It seems that its almost an lock in considering the lack of DC sets. 

Images should start apperaing start of December? 

Official images yes.