Sign in to follow this  
Trudop561

Rotten spoiled kid brickshelf gallery

That's what I was thinking...give them a couple of battle packs to take their mind off the starvation!

Although it must be hard to put an Imperial Dropship together with all those damn flies buzzing around your face deino2.gif

Now thats hystericaly classic....!... but kinda messed up

This guys Target must have a love/hate relationship with him 8-|

From my point of view, i feel that this collector is focusing on army building. There are different kinds of AFOL out there whom themes are in a wide spectrum. To me, it's pretty fine to me for a collector to have such big collections, especially a set of the same kind. Who doesn't? There are bound to have few LEGO sets whom we wished to have more copies of it. Needing it for mini-figures, accessories, spare parts, etc.

One thing for sure, there are many other collectors too whom have collections such as his. It's just that they don't wish to make their collections known. Nevertheless, every collectors have their own purpose when they purchase LEGO. Therefore, i do not believe in jumping to conclusions to conclude this collector is a spolied kid.

We may never knows, that this person might be saving hard on others such as food, transport or etc hoping to get his desired collections before the sets are no longer in production. Of course, we always must strike a balance of reality and hobbies *sweet*

Of course, we always must strike a balance of reality and hobbies *sweet*

Yeah, I've come to that realization. I've got a collection with over 20,000 minifigs now and I realize that I could have gotten a cheap condo or a Ferrari with the kind of money I've put into Lego. I've got some $10,000 in horse barding alone! At one point, if you added up all the horse barding available on Bricklink from every store, I had about 8 times that number. But once I hit 1,000 stormtroopers, I started wondering when I would ever use that many, so I've actually found myself cutting back. So far I've only bought about 70 of the Stormtrooper BP. Then I look at the realities of my addiction. I've filled up my house, garage and four storage rooms filled with Lego. It's a sickness I tell you!

20,000 Minifigs? 1,000 Stormies?

Do you ever just strip down to your shorts and go diving into them like Scrooge McDuck diving into his Money Bin? deino2.gif

I once dived into a pile of Lego. Point before I hit the bricks, I realised I had forgotten me trunks. Wished I had a fine collection of EXO-FORCE hair rather than a truckload of Burps. :-X

Yeah, I've come to that realization. I've got a collection with over 20,000 minifigs now and I realize that I could have gotten a cheap condo or a Ferrari with the kind of money I've put into Lego. I've got some $10,000 in horse barding alone! At one point, if you added up all the horse barding available on Bricklink from every store, I had about 8 times that number. But once I hit 1,000 stormtroopers, I started wondering when I would ever use that many, so I've actually found myself cutting back. So far I've only bought about 70 of the Stormtrooper BP. Then I look at the realities of my addiction. I've filled up my house, garage and four storage rooms filled with Lego. It's a sickness I tell you!

Maybe my 60 odd rebel troopers could give your 1000 odd troopers a run for their money some day...lol...In all seriousness i love building my armies up just last night i counted up my castle crown soldiers and i have about 450 (all from sets and i have bought no castle BPs and just one chess set).

I work hard for my money and like you mate i have a garage full of lego and nothing gives me more joy than watching my nephews with my crownies, unicorns and dwarves fighting against 300 odd falcons, 200+ skeletons and other smaller factions such as dragons, scorpians and bulls.

Its is a sickness but i love it..lol

I once dived into a pile of Lego. Point before I hit the bricks, I realised I had forgotten me trunks. Wished I had a fine collection of EXO-FORCE hair rather than a truckload of Burps. :-X

Ewwwwwwwww... Thats nasty... :-P :-D

wow, that seems alot... although ive seen way bigger collections. if the biggest LEGO fan in the world stopped buying LEgos, or didnt buy any at all, hed be living on one of his own tropical islands, sitting on his roof of the mansion with drink... (obviously a little exagaration, but you get my point) :-|

Maybe my 60 odd rebel troopers could give your 1000 odd troopers a run for their money some day...lol...In all seriousness i love building my armies up just last night i counted up my castle crown soldiers and i have about 450 (all from sets and i have bought no castle BPs and just one chess set).

I work hard for my money and like you mate i have a garage full of lego and nothing gives me more joy than watching my nephews with my crownies, unicorns and dwarves fighting against 300 odd falcons, 200+ skeletons and other smaller factions such as dragons, scorpians and bulls.

Its is a sickness but i love it..lol

I dig the idea of an army, but I just keep thinking about it in terms of storage. If it's just going to end up in a box in the basement, then what's the point, right? Of course, that line of reasoning doesn't actually stop me from buying more sets...it just delays it.

20,000 Minifigs? 1,000 Stormies?

Do you ever just strip down to your shorts and go diving into them like Scrooge McDuck diving into his Money Bin? deino2.gif

Well, I don't exactly swim in my bricks if that's your meaning :-D .

An adult with a good job and a Wife who supports his LEGO habit. (Or no wife :-P )

Personally I still don't see the point in dozens and dozens of battle packs. Sure you get a giant clone or droid army...but that's all you get...who are you trying to impress?

I'd rather get one of each LEGO set with the ability to get doubles of something really cool...like the old Republic Gunship deino2.gif

I agree. I have 2 of each BP. I love them, but that's enough. I'm holding out for sets across several themes through the year, including at least 1 of each SW set, so I spend judiciously. Fortunately, my wife supports my habit, and has nearly all the Harry Potter sets, the Dwarf Mine, and a couple Mission Mars sets herself.

I'm looking forward to the new Republic Gunship and the new AT-TE. They are two of my favorite vehicles from the prequels, and I have 2 of each of the originals, as well; one for the set, and the other for parts, b/c both were great parts sets.

I also collect a handful of Hasbro SW figs, Yamato's 1/60 Macross Valkyries(expensive little dust collectors these, but oh so deliciously geekerific), SoC Evas, and quite a few T-formers(looking very much forward to the Animated toys...hated the look at first, but having seen how well designed these are, I'm won over)

thats ridiculous, have you seen his other folders? he has ships, santa fe with cars, basically every collectors edition goin, am only jealous :)

Heck, some of us drive fancy new BMWs; others drive beat-up Toyotas.
What the f**k is wrong with that!! >:-(

I drive a Toyota... and it is beaten up ;-) X-D

-Ras-

thats ridiculous, have you seen his other folders? he has ships, santa fe with cars, basically every collectors edition goin, am only jealous :)

Oh...if that's the guy's whole collection I can defiantly see how $400 worth of battle packs wouldn't break him. I mean...I bought the friggin' Millenium Falcon for $500. Some people just really love them some minifigs...

And here I felt weird for buying a second Conetrooper Battlepack just to fill my display shelf out a little more ascetically deino2.gif

What the f**k is wrong with that!! >:-(

I drive a Toyota... and it is beaten up ;-) X-D

-Ras-

I can't believe you don't drive a volvo Ras! The shame!! :-D

Well he has some sets - agreed. But not so much I think. There only one Santa Fe engine etc etc. I know people ;-) who has 3-4. Still a nice collection!
I can't believe you don't drive a volvo Ras! The shame!! :-D
:-D - well put mutley *y*!

Collect On

copmike

Though this is a crap topic, it actually turned out good.....

As already said, many colletors work hard to pay for all their sets.

Prejudice off!! *n*

Though this is a crap topic, it actually turned out good.....

As already said, many colletors work hard to pay for all their sets.

Prejudice off!! *n*

The name isn't good but its good topic! :cry_happy:

Who ever that is they one the loittory!!! Or as CGH said and others many collecters work hard to pay for sets.

A Moderator/Administrator with the power to do so should change the title of this post to something less negative and something more snazzy! :grin:

Unless they don't want to...

Wow that's some mass of troops :cry_happy:

I think some people (including me^^) just like to see an army of theirs displayed on a shelf - it just looks great!!

But did you see that bill in one of the last pics? Quality isn't best but it appears that he only paid somewhat less then 300$ for it?!

Correct me if I'm wrong but that would be an awesome price :oh: and it's a bill from starwars.com .

Benny