I'm wondering... people are thinking single tires at the front are unrealistic, but isn't it more realistic if the truck is the same width as the pellet? That would seem realistic to me, thinking about how forklifts may be used. Similar how front loaders are not wider than their bucket. With double wheels, the truck would have become wider than the pellet.

Edited by Erik Leppen

8 hours ago, Magical Duck said:

The lifting height, looking at it now is not too unrealistic:

43637838141_8b53708d8b_z.jpg

lego-42079-heavy-duty-forklift-6.jpg

I edited the picture comparison, so the problem is visible: while the lifting height might be realistic for special purposes, at the maximum the fork unit reaches always the top of the mast. In case of 42079, we have a noticable pole above. Limited lifting height has it's reasons, like low ceiling, low gate entering, etc... so having unused mast above is just a barrier for this purpose.

Nonetheless, still my favorite set from this batch, deserves the modification. :classic:

8 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

I'm wondering... people are thinking single tires at the front are unrealistic, but isn't it more realistic if the truck is the same width as the pellet? That would seem realistic to me, thinking about how forklifts may be used. Similar how front loaders are not wider than their bucket. With double wheels, the truck would have become wider than the pellet.

The double wheeled versions usually carry containers (I guess), which are much wider than this pallet. Something like this:

China_forklifts_fork_lift_truck_heavy_di

Although the wheels are still within the bodywork

30 minutes ago, Jim said:

the wheels are still within the bodywork

And have 6 cylinder engine, etc...but it is nice compromise achieved by LEGO. When looking this image good question is how to make front more narrow to fit another pair of wheels

I missed Magical Duck's image btw, sorry.

This is my view on 42079, I think it is a great little set with well balanced A and B models: