Falconfan1414

Lego Minifigure Factory Promo Set

On the April 2018 calendar, it shows a exclusive new promo set called Lego minifigure factory set and it comes with four micro figures. The offer is from April 1-15th if you spend $75 or more 

I would have cared if one of those was a Castle minifigure.

:cry3:

But seriously, it's a cool set.  I really just want the blue Space guy.

5 hours ago, x105Black said:

I would have cared if one of those was a Castle

I agree. I would have expected to see a policeman, pirate, spaceman and a Castle micro fig. Not really sure what the purple fig is supposed to be. :look:

It does look a pretty decent set though. I would like a whole load of the pirate micro figures to populate my mini black seas  barracuda from the 60th anniversary promo set. :laugh:

4 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Not really sure what the purple fig is supposed to be. :look:

Apparently, she's P.I.X.A.L. from the Ninjago theme. I know, it's a rather strange choice, especially considering that she's not even a main character for the theme. I don't really get it. :def_shrug:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Apparently, she's P.I.X.A.L. from the Ninjago theme. I know, it's a rather strange choice, especially considering that she's not even a main character for the theme. I don't really get it. :def_shrug:

Thanks for clearing that up. I assume this one and the nurse are included so that there are some female characters represented in the set. The ninjago character seems like quite a random choice though. I think there are better options they could have chosen.

Minor criticism aside - this does still look like a great little set. :classic:

4 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I assume this one and the nurse are included so that there are some female characters represented in the set. The ninjago character seems like quite a random choice though. I think there are better options they could have chosen.

If they wanted to chose a character that was both female and from the Ninjago theme, why didn't they go with Nya, a much more central character? :shrug_confused:

Seeing as how when microfigs are in a set we get a space for each do you guys think it would be the same with this? Because that would be amazing if that's the case even though i'm unsure if I'll be able to take advantage of such a great promo 

On 3/31/2018 at 8:45 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

If they wanted to chose a character that was both female and from the Ninjago theme, why didn't they go with Nya, a much more central character? :shrug_confused:

Perhaps just because Pixal’s purple color stands out more from the other figures than Nya’s typical reds, blacks, and greys? Or maybe because she’s more instantly recognizable when miniaturized. Or even just that Pixal is under-represented in sets compared to Nya (seeing as she’s been a fixture in the show for five seasons and only appeared in 3 or 4 sets)? There are a lot of possible reasons.

3 hours ago, Aanchir said:

There are a lot of possible reasons.

Would you know or think of any possible reasons that may pertain to the 40th anniversary of the Minifigure? 

A Night at the Factory

All the figures have come to life... and they're all hostile!!!!

39386303360_57551ddbe8_c.jpg

Not again!!! Hate the night shift! Why'd we build this place on a minifigure graveyard? :tongue:

39386303380_d122a6ed17_c.jpg

The grey plate that the factory line is built on is stuck to the cardboard box/happy-meal style layout. Haven't yet tried to pull it free. Made for some tight building space.

Edited by koalayummies

Thanks for that playful display!  It's a nice way to show off not only the new set, but also the minifigures.

And good to know about the plate being attached to the box!

Great set, especially seeing it with the new CMFs!  I've got an order in with my local (Bricklink) dealer for an entire Series 18 set.  And, there will be two GWP Minifig Factories arriving at my door from the LEGO online store later this week, one for me and one for someone in our LUG at a later date.  Can't wait!  Thanks for the photos, koalayummies!

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly

I really like the detail on the micro figures. 

Is that... a paintbrush with no paint on it!?

Edited by telaruhn

Its a pretty great giveaway. The Lego worker is awesome. A figure of the people that make what we love! :wub::wub: The build itself is also pretty cool once you fully assemble it because its not really clear what the cardboard is doing until its all together and it has a bunch of useful parts. The printed microfigures are just icing on an already awesome donut-cinnamon-roll-cheesburger-pizza cake.

The paintbrush has green paint on the 'bristles' part. So its painting none of the microfigures :laugh:

12 hours ago, koalayummies said:

A Night at the Factory

All the figures have come to life... and they're all hostile!!!!

39386303360_57551ddbe8_c.jpg

*Snip*

I’ve now seen the minifigure printed on the background go from “Benny” to classic policeman in promo pictures and now the nurse in your photo. Is it some kinda Rolodex thing ? A kinda paper dial at the back to change the minifig on the frame?

3 hours ago, ultiminutes said:

I’ve now seen the minifigure printed on the background go from “Benny” to classic policeman in promo pictures and now the nurse in your photo. Is it some kinda Rolodex thing ? A kinda paper dial at the back to change the minifig on the frame?

Yeah sort of. So the assembly line can slide back and forth. There are Technic pins that go through a slot on the back 'wall' of the cardboard and allow you to attach another piece of cardboard (with all the microfigures' minifigure representations printed on it) so you slide the assembly line in either direction so that whatever microfigure being 'painted' is front and center on the display and also shown on the 'screen' on the back wall. Pretty clever. So from that picture if you slide it to the left the pirate is center in the display and also shows up on the wall. Slide it to the right and Pixal would be center and shown on the screen.

13 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Yeah sort of. So the assembly line can slide back and forth. There are Technic pins that go through a slot on the back 'wall' of the cardboard and allow you to attach another piece of cardboard (with all the microfigures' minifigure representations printed on it) so you slide the assembly line in either direction so that whatever microfigure being 'painted' is front and center on the display and also shown on the 'screen' on the back wall. Pretty clever. So from that picture if you slide it to the left the pirate is center in the display and also shows up on the wall. Slide it to the right and Pixal would be center and shown on the screen.

Cool, guess that's a pretty nifity play feature that they've incorporated into an otherwise dull cardboard backing.
Gives me food for thought, I was initially tempted to throw the box away and keep the plastic bits.