21 hours ago, Jasper Joppe Geers said:

Could you do a cobbled brick pattern or a v shaped brick pattern as well? That would be fantastic!

Yes I think a cobbled street would work well. This is definitely something I'm considering having a go at.

13 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

What an impressive job! :wub:

The red line for the bus is amazing!

Thanks very much. Glad you like the designs. :classic:

Wow, these are looking great! I really love the recent design with the bus lanes and changed road printings. It makes your city look so much more realistic. A great job! 

11 hours ago, Venefic said:

Wow, these are looking great! I really love the recent design with the bus lanes and changed road printings. It makes your city look so much more realistic. A great job! 

Thanks very much. Glad you like the pics. :sweet: If you check back later today you'll be able to see another one as I'm just working on a new picture as we speak. 

Here are a couple of new pictures. These ones are inspired by the weather we've been enjoying here in the UK over the past week.

40636527611_49a8344100_o_d.jpg

38826358840_f16cb038e4_o_d.jpg

Well, it seems like you're putting some effort on your photos and it's really worth of it! BTW, what happened to the poor guy? Where is he? :laugh:

I love the rain and snow pictures but they are too small as my computer screen background. Can you upload some bigger sizes to flickr ? Thanks.

6 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

These ones are inspired by the weather we've been enjoying here in the UK over the past week

Nice work! You need to build a snow plough/gritter for that Unimog in the first picture, similar to set 60083. I love the settled snow and the lit-up streetlamps.

Meanwhile, I seem to be in the one part of the UK that hasn't had any snow settle at all this winter...

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Well, it seems like you're putting some effort on your photos and it's really worth of it! BTW, what happened to the poor guy? Where is he? :laugh:

Thanks. He is probably stranded in the snow still waiting for his car to be towed away. :laugh:

19 minutes ago, ColletArrow said:

Nice work! You need to build a snow plough/gritter for that Unimog in the first picture, similar to set 60083. I love the settled snow and the lit-up streetlamps.

Thanks a lot. :classic: Yes I could do with some decent vehicles to shift all this snow. :laugh:

1 hour ago, AllanSmith said:

I love the rain and snow pictures but they are too small as my computer screen background. Can you upload some bigger sizes to flickr ? Thanks.

Yes I will have a look at this tomorrow. I'm still getting to grips with using Flickr.

Oh I love these snowy pictures!! Did they take you a long time to create? Oh how much I would love to see my winter village setup with actual snow falling, like this!!

7 hours ago, alsielou said:

Oh I love these snowy pictures!! Did they take you a long time to create?

Thanks. :classic: I'd say it took about 45 minutes to create each of the snow pictures.

Edited by Bricked1980

18 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

Can you upload some bigger sizes to flickr? Thanks.

Here are the High res copies of the pictures.

Spoiler

40608912022_017a7ca058_k_d.jpg

39754951855_633ba027c3_k_d.jpg

40608912272_8ed185e1d4_k_d.jpg

39754952115_aae38bf758_k_d.jpg

40608912502_b7df98be50_k_d.jpg

40608912772_1b4875264a_k_d.jpg

40608913032_767fb2050e_k_d.jpg

Thank you so much  :wub:  They look great on my screen, especially the raining ones as it's now raining outside  :thumbup:

8 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

Thank you so much  :wub:  They look great on my screen, especially the raining ones as it's now raining outside  :thumbup:

No problem. I'm honored to think anyone would like the pics enough to use them as wallpaper on their computer screen.

18 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Here are the High res copies of the pictures.

Great! I’m saving them! 

On 05/03/2018 at 6:11 PM, Bricked1980 said:

38826358840_f16cb038e4_o_d.jpg

The background of this photo seems very familiar, there’re similar backgrounds for the box arts of the modulars! Where did you find this background image?

On 07/03/2018 at 12:28 PM, LegoModularFan said:

The background of this photo seems very familiar, there’re similar backgrounds for the box arts of the modulars! Where did you find this background image?

Well spotted! I wanted a background that looked the same as the ones Lego use on the box art of the modular sets. Problem is I've never been able to find these images without the modular buildings covering up most of the background. So I decided to make my own.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7YCnNmXE1aTCAlclVBXf

I took the above picture of Assembly Square and chopped out everything from the image so that all I had left was the small sections of background building either side of Assembly Square. Using Photoshop I then duplicated the buildings and blended them together to create a long seamless street scene. I added a generic sky and here is the result below.

25803859927_cd9599a90b_z_d.jpg

I've used this background on several of the Road Plate photos. The snow image is the same except I used a different snowy sky for that one.

Edited by Bricked1980

3 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I had a nice surprise this morning. One of my snow pics has been featured on brickfanatics.com as their "Brick Pic of the Day" :classic::classic::classic:

http://www.brickfanatics.com/brick-pic-of-the-day-lego-town-in-the-snow/

Congrats! It’s one of your best pictures IMO! I hope you’ll be able to enlarge your city one day and take new pictures, it’s fun to follow and see your progressions here :classic:

Thanks @cerebrus 

On 3/11/2018 at 4:38 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Congrats! It’s one of your best pictures IMO! I hope you’ll be able to enlarge your city one day and take new pictures, it’s fun to follow and see your progressions here :classic:

Thanks @LegoModularFan:classic: The guy who runs Brick Fanatics has emailed me and asked if I'd mind him using any of my other pics on the website. So at some point in the future one of my other pics might be featured there as well.

NEW COBBLED ROAD DESIGNS

I have been busy working on some new printed road plate designs. These ones are a bit different as this time I wanted to create the effect of narrow cobbled streets, like the sort of thing we see in the UK and Europe.

Let me know what you think of these.  If you want to see higher quality images, you can find these on my Flickr profile.

40843094761_d73fcc19f9_z_d.jpg

40843094571_c46a2b45a2_z_d.jpg

40843094391_0c1269c001_z_d.jpg

40843094241_343de3be9d_z_d.jpg

40843094131_0947c32038_z_d.jpg

40843093891_92dea5f735_z_d.jpg

40843093751_a8c178695b_z_d.jpg

26973185578_2a70412800_z_d.jpg

26973184798_4f243b0c7b_z_d.jpg

26182249047_097dbd2603_z_d.jpg

Edited by Bricked1980

Very nice designs again! Really love the turns! I’m thinking about making similar brick-built roads in my future city. It would be nice to see some photos with skies!

Oh very nice indeed! These are definitely my favourites, so far! Now I really wish I could buy these images from you! Yours are far better than any others  I’ve seen out there. I really like the bit of shading at the edge of the gutter. Overall the aesthetics of the cobblestones are really atmospheric and add wonderful character to the streets.