Shadows

EB News Presents: TheBrickster!

Thankyou TheBrickster to such a fine answer to my question. You certainly immersed yourself into some great influences, thankyou for that, even if you were going into story mode again X-D Someone get this man a mystery, stat!

To the Bricksignal! >:-)

As I reread the interview I came across a detail I missed (since this was a very good Q/A interview) that Brickster was the original creator of the WW Ghost Town theme.Quite surprising, as I had always thought Brickminer came up with the idea 8-| He never mentioned Brickster as the creator......

You can read about a discussion we had regarding his inspiration: Brickminer's Ghost Town Inspiration

In fact, I had started calling my Ghost Town collection by the name of the town, Grave Stone, after he adopted the name in his MOCs. The original concept that I shared over EB in 2005 was intended to be a mystery with real images from desert areas in the West, far different than backgrounds like official Lego Wild West sets (as BrickMiner always created). Here's a few of the early images:

ghosttownposterf2.jpg

ghosttownposterf5.jpg

ghosttownposterf7.jpgphantomriderwlantern.jpg

ghosttown2.jpg

Keeping a very similar theme and background imagery a few years later with better photo skills and new MOCs:

31.jpg

It's no biggie, but I consider myself the creator of the Ghost Town sub-theme. Most of the older EB members probably kow this.

You can read a little more about the history on my Grave Stone Web Site.

Originality still remains very important to me.

great job TheBrickster with providing fantastic answers! *y* *y*

Thanks Iamded. Appreciate you reading the interview. I share your interest in the new Castle sets as well. *y*

As I reread the interview I came across a detail I missed (since this was a very good Q/A interview) that Brickster was the original creator of the WW Ghost Town theme.Quite surprising, as I had always thought Brickminer came up with the idea 8-| He never mentioned Brickster as the creator......

P

:-| Hey, there's a fire somewhere I'm sure you could throw some gasoline on.

:-P

TheBrickster, are you hosting another mystery soon? *sweet* *sweet* *sweet* I'm aware you're referencing the original game for origin's sake, but will we be returning there in game form soon? *sweet*

TheBrickster, are you hosting another mystery soon? *sweet* *sweet* *sweet* I'm aware you're referencing the original game for origin's sake, but will we be returning there in game form soon? *sweet*

*puts his name on the list, before the list even exists* I always regretted missing the chance to be in the last one. :'-(

Please please please! *sweet*

Hey, there's a fire somewhere I'm sure you could throw some gasoline on.

That's OK. I'm actually glad he pointed this out, as others probably think the same. No heartache on my part, nor for BM (as our two ghostly avatars have a supernatural duel along the main street of Ghost Town). :'-(

TheBrickster, are you hosting another mystery soon? I'm aware you're referencing the original game for origin's sake, but will we be returning there in game form soon? *sweet*

Not any time soon. I've got jungle fever at the moment and will at least wait until the next collection of Indy sets are out to destroy it. I was actually thinking of doing something along the line of a jungle adventure (if some of you are interested) - and if my time permits. This would be a little fun and quirky as many seem to enjoy a little humor in these sorts of things. Then I had another thought to do sort of a Radio Murder Mystery, but that's not my interest at the moment.

*puts his name on the list, before the list even exists* I always regretted missing the chance to be in the last one.

I'll add you to the list first IS if I do so. You may even get to play a lead role. ;-)

I was actually thinking of doing something along the line of a jungle adventure (if some of you are interested) - and if my time permits.

I'd be interested as long as people participate... *sweet*

:-| Hey, there's a fire somewhere I'm sure you could throw some gasoline on.

:-P

I actually prefer lighter fluid :-P

A very excellent answer Brickster! I understand now :-)

I was actually thinking of doing something along the line of a jungle adventure (if some of you are interested) - and if my time permits.

Oh! Add me to the imaginary jungle list too 8-

Edited by Piranha

Imaginary Jungle Adventure List

Imperialshadows (lead role)

Stauder

Hinckley (may get the part of the ship captain) TYPECAST Alert!

Piranha

Exobuilder

Sir Dillon

Hollisbrick

Imperialscouts (I hate having the two IS's. Next, the Pie Guys will be coming around).

Sinner

Ahh, how wonderful! My dear Mr. Brickster, please let me know if you would like an imaginary Mister double O reprise. ;-)

Oh, and I also enjoyed reading the interview. The added photography was nice too. *y*

Stauder

Piranha

This sounds fun! Count me in!

*sweet*

Great review guys! I enjoyed reading more about TheBrickster.

Brickster, some great, well thought-out answers. *y* ... and please include me in the imaginary jungle adventure list. ;-)

*considers changing the title of the thread to: "Imaginary Jungle Adventure Signup Here!"* ;-)

Stauder

Piranha

Exobuilder

Sir Dillon

i wouldn't mind being in that if it's ok with you, it sounds like fun! *y*

Stauder

Piranha

Exobuilder

Sir Dillon

Get me on it, Molly Brown! ;-)

Stauder

Piranha

Exobuilder

Sir Dillon

Hollisbrick

Imperialscouts (I hate having the two IS's. Next, the Pie Guys will be coming around).

As long as you guys won't be upset if I don't do this. I was just thinking about it.

*considers changing the title of the thread to: "Imaginary Jungle Adventure Signup Here!"* ;-)

Hey now! This was suppose to be an interview thread.

Nah, we know you wont let us down... *Plays with MG on tank*

The pressure is on!

The root cause of my frustration is not because him and I are both fans of the Wild West theme, but rather his building of Ghost Town, a theme and story I introduced. Although he has given me a little credit for the inspiration of a single villain (the Phantom Rider), I would have appreciated a little more credit for the concept and story.
I feel justified in replying to this thread on behalf of my reputation as a member of the AFOL community.

I have never claimed to be the first to explore the horror/western genre in the medium of LEGO bricks. Therefore, anyone who has come to the conclusion that I originated horror/western building in the medium of LEGO has done so completely on their own assumption. I would like to free myself of responsibility for conclusions made by anyone, but myself. Furthermore, I would like to add, that I see no reason for anyone to assume that I brought the horror/western genre to the medium of LEGO. If that presumption is ever implied, then accordingly, a credit must be given.

Nor do I feel obligated to acknowledge the originator of any LEGO genre when I release an MOC in a genre that I have not originated. (As a personal example, when I release a SteamPunk or TechWest MOC, I see if foolish to feel mandated to acknowledge the originator of that theme in the medium of LEGO, just as I don

I feel justified in replying to this thread on behalf of my reputation as a member of the AFOL community.

I thought you quit Eurobricks.

Nor do I feel obligated to acknowledge the originator of any LEGO genre when I release an MOC in a genre that I have not originated.

Brick Miner; this is over as far as I'm concerned, but I consider such acknowledgement a professional courtesy, that's all.

(As a personal example, when I release a SteamPunk or TechWest MOC, I see if foolish to feel mandated to acknowledge the originator of that theme in the medium of LEGO, just as I don

Why... :'-( !!

Maybe for these purposes, I can be regarded as ImperialGuard! Or is name not the situation?

Why... :'-( !!

Maybe for these purposes, I can be regarded as ImperialGuard! Or is name not the situation?

It's just the abbreviated name thing, not that he specifically can't stand you or something. :-P

I figure it won't matter, we'll be referred to by our character names. I know that once I'm on set, I absolutely refuse to leave character.

*phone rings*

That's unusual.

*phone rings again*

Hello? Oh, hey. No, we're not doing a show right now, you can't be on.

*angry chatter*

Really, we aren't, I'm just here commenting on an unrelated subject. The show doesn't go on until Monday, you know that.

*relieved chatter*

No, of course I'm not mad at you, and you did a nice job dancing with the girls.

*hopeful chatter*

Yeah, sure, stop by anytime, you still have your copy of the backstage key. I've got to run now, thanks for calling!

*hangs up phone*

*picks up phone*

Phil's Locks? I need you to come out and change all the locks in the studio before Monday. Thanks!

*hangs up phone*

*camera fades* ;-)

It's just the abbreviated name thing, not that he specifically can't stand you or something. :-P

Just that I get you guys mixed up like nobody's business. :-$ .

*phone rings*

That's unusual.

*phone rings again*

Hello? Oh, hey. No, we're not doing a show right now, you can't be on.

*angry chatter*

Really, we aren't, I'm just here commenting on an unrelated subject. The show doesn't go on until Monday, you know that.

*relieved chatter*

No, of course I'm not mad at you, and you did a nice job dancing with the girls.

*hopeful chatter*

Yeah, sure, stop by anytime, you still have your copy of the backstage key. I've got to run now, thanks for calling!

*hangs up phone*

*picks up phone*

Phil's Locks? I need you to come out and change all the locks in the studio before Monday. Thanks!

*hangs up phone*

*camera fades* ;-)

Thanks ;-)

Why can't he specifically not stand you or something? :-P

BTW, I'll get those locks switched out ASAP!

Just that I get you guys mixed up like nobody's business. :-$ .

Oh, good!