Jim

HispaBrick Magazine 029 is out!

Portada029_Completa_low.jpg

It’s time for a new edition of the magazine for AFOLs. In this edition of HispaBrick Magazine® we continue our collaboration with Kockice, which brings us articles on LEGO® Architecture, MINDSTORMS and an interesting Minidolls vs. Minifigures.

From our visit to the LEGO® Fan Media Days en Billund we bring you our interview of LEGO® Friends designers Fenella Charity and Ricardo Silva and our visit to the pre-opening of the LEGO® House.

We have tutorials on taking pictures of LEGO® and programming LEGO® Boost, as well as building instructions from collaborating AFOLs.

Our TopMoc section is all about what can be done with digital building, we keep expanding on the MILS system and we have reviews of a number of new sets, including the 10260 - Downtown Diner.

We will also show you what our HispaBrick Magazine® Event 2017 from last December was like and there are many more articles.

We have also improved the PDF file itself. Starting with this issue you can easily get to each article clicking on the link in the index and we have included bookmarks and thumbnail pages to enhance your reading experience..

In addition…  we are nearing our anniversary! In 2018, HispaBrick Magazine® celebrates its 10th anniversary. In the month of May we will publish issue 030 with special contents and some surprises. Stay tuned and check out our social media on facebook.com/hispabrickmagazine and twitter.com/H_B_Magazine

You can download HispaBrick Magazine® free of charge in English, Spanish and Croatian, so get your copy now.

DOWNLOAD HBM029 (ENGLISH)

Link to download past issues of the magazine: past issues

Looks good as usual.

However, I'm not sure I agree that minidolls are equal to minifigs this time around, when it comes to building custom avatars of yourself. The contest seems to ignore the massive selection of parts / prints available for minifigures compared to those for minidolls - eg. for torsos over 3500 compared to 177 for minidolls (according to BL); and for heads almost 2400 (not including modified heads) compared to 60. For example, if you want to make an avatar for a policeman (or policewoman) it cannot be done with minidolls as there is no police outfit. Plus when considering legs, it says there are only the basic styles (standard, short, skirt, Queen's skirt (plus there is the new one coming)) for minifigs but  completely ignores the fact that you can make brick built legs for minifigs, to make them appear like they are sitting down with knees. This is something not possible for minidolls.

At some point we may have to consider including EB nicks to the articles to know who is who  :laugh:

14 hours ago, Jetro said:

At some point we may have to consider including EB nicks to the articles to know who is who  :laugh:

And rename it EuroBricks Magazine :laugh: :tongue:

Nice work guys. Great to see some EB members in the magazine.

Great issue. Love the reviews, the minifigure vs minidoll article, and ESPECIALLY the interview with Ricardo and Fenella!

My favorite article was the one about how to take pictures of LEGO MOC. Very useful :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Congratulations to @Itaria No Shintaku and @Yooha

And congratulations to Jestro for another excellent edition :classic:

Edited by Robert8

I thought the article "Reversing the creative process" was very interesting! I still read not everything, though I learned some more about the MILS system.

7 hours ago, Jim said:

And rename it EuroBricks Magazine :laugh: :tongue:

Nice work guys. Great to see some EB members in the magazine.

If you are a good boy we can bring the Eurobricks Corner back :wink::laugh:

I'm sure we'll work something out for the next issue...

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

And congratulations to Jestro for another excellent edition :classic:

Damn Nexoknights  - I want my name backl *huh*:grin:

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I will probably write again on it, it was funny!

You are very welcome!

22 hours ago, lluisgib said:

You are very welcome!

I probably will. You were fantastic and this deserves all the attention we can give it.
I'm posting an article on it on my blog.