Sign in to follow this  
LM71Blackbird

Class 2 - HMS "Barracuda" [COR]

HMS Naval Cutter "Barracuda" of the Corrington Navy

38909800865_e6934ed13f_o.pngImperial Cutter

(IC) The HMS "Barracuda was built at the start of the Juniper War in 607 AE. It was crafted completely out of wood from the Juniper Province as a sign of Corrington's ownership on the land. In the terrible conflict that ensued this little ship was to be a most notable annoyance to the enemies of Corrington. It's small size and fast speed allowed the Corrington Marines to perform several blitz attacks on unsuspecting seaport towns and ships, especially when painted black for night missions. It only boasted a broadside of two 4 pounders, but what it lacked in firepower it made up for with speed. After the Juniper war it remained in service until being de-commissioned in 615 AE to make way for newer ships. It was sent to an auction in Arlinsport and was promptly bought by a local fisherman - for a fraction of it's value - to be used for fishing and hauling small amounts of cargo for extra cash. The owner was about to scrap it after he no longer needed it, but a young adventurer named Lieutenant Nathaniel Brickford saw it in the harbor and offered twice what the scrapyard was willing to pay for it. He had heard many stories about this little ship from his father and grandfather (both veterans of the Juniper war), and he hoped he could restore this forgotten icon to its former glory.

(OOC) I hope you enjoyed this ship's backstory! This is my first of many ship MOCs. I decided to make a small lightly armed class 2 naval cutter. Limited only by size (per the rules and wanting to take full advantage of my free    license!), I think I have made a nice starting vessel for my journey on the Brick Seas. I don't really have too much to say regarding it. It mostly speaks for itself because everything about it is visible, so here are just some additional pictures of it. Enjoy!

Questions, comments, and constructive criticism are always welcome!

38909800465_0e222b72e5.jpg     38909800705_49a5665b87.jpg     38910357855_67c4b3a099.jpg

Nice little ship and a great backstory LM71, she does indeed look very sleek. Welcome to BoBS and Corrington!

As I said before it's really a great looking ship! I think you have captured the classic lego pirates look while at the same time making it your own. I particularly like the way you've built the hull, don't think I've seen that technique before. Have you used some type of prefabs or just normal bricks, it's a bit hard to judge? The coloured sails are also nice!

Wow! nice ship! Really sleek and with beautiful sails! My only remark is that you should have left out those three flex tubes that are connected at the bottom of the three front triangular shaped sails as their bending looks a bit off. Oh, and I really like that bird's nest!

7 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Nice little ship and a great backstory LM71, she does indeed look very sleek. Welcome to BoBS and Corrington!

Thank you very much!

5 hours ago, Flavius Gratian said:

As I said before it's really a great looking ship! I think you have captured the classic lego pirates look while at the same time making it your own. I particularly like the way you've built the hull, don't think I've seen that technique before. Have you used some type of prefabs or just normal bricks, it's a bit hard to judge? The coloured sails are also nice!

Thank you! I actually started with the trading ship from the old imperial trading post (set #6277). I then lengthened and widened the hull and completely redid the bow and stern. To accommodate for widening it, I used the large slopes at the front and back on both sides to give the ship a fuller look. Then I modified the mast from my brigantine (pictured in my signature below) to fit just right. I'm glad that you like it!

1 hour ago, blackdeathgr said:

Wow! nice ship! Really sleek and with beautiful sails! My only remark is that you should have left out those three flex tubes that are connected at the bottom of the three front triangular shaped sails as their bending looks a bit off. Oh, and I really like that bird's nest!

Thank you! Yeah, I was never really happy with how they turned out. I may remove them before I picture it in anymore posts. Thanks for the feedback! I saw the crows nest design on another lego ship while browsing the internet, I had to modify it slightly for it to work in LDD, but I think it turned out great!

Neat little ship, mate!  I'm digging that stern for some reason or another, and the sailplan - if perhaps a tad top-heavy (maybe a rolled up mainsail under the red and white one would have been a good idea?) - is quite nice as well.  Looking forward to seeing more pirate-era stuff here in BoBS from you! :excited:

5 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Neat little ship, mate!  I'm digging that stern for some reason or another, and the sailplan - if perhaps a tad top-heavy (maybe a rolled up mainsail under the red and white one would have been a good idea?) - is quite nice as well.  Looking forward to seeing more pirate-era stuff here in BoBS from you! :excited:

Thanks! Now that you mentioned it, it does look a tad top-heavy... :cry2: Yeah, the stern and bow of ships are one of my favorite things to build, there's so much detail you can add! More pirate-era stuff will be coming before the end of the month hopefully! :moar: