Plural

New factory space sets?

Actually it stands upright very well. It's actually stable enough that LEGO didn't require it to have a brick stand to hold it up. *skull*

Just like your original model, Mark :-D :

3vil1.jpg

-Chuck

Yes, but it's actually more stable than the original because it has more legs. :-)

Too bad you couldn't have the chainsaws on the legs still :-( The chainsaw is one of my favorite pieces!

-Chuck

That space base is amazingly greebled and detailed! I love how you made it that way. But is there really a base for minifigs to walk around it the control room in the base, or is it just greebles?

These new space sets are boring. I was hoping they would be the good old spacemen not new Life on Mars figures...

And these sets should be around

Thanks for answering my questions Admiral, I simply cannot wait for the rest of these, if these are a success, then a UCS set might become a possibility! I am loving these sets the more I'm seeing, and if thats less than half of whats in the box I AM THERE! I couldn't care less about the colour scheme, blue/white and red/white are actually my favourites :-$ Thanks for doing this so much, its great to see Lego catering for us fans, and I eagerly await the next pics!

Also, I'm amazed at the amount of people who haven't read this thread, MORE TO COME FOLKS!

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

I am really enjoying the thought of PCS and 3vil themed sets - If theres a big peice count and a nice selection of peices, it's almost definate I will have to get them :-$ I'd love to see the whole thing.

I also think it's amazing that lego is actually taking in its fanbase and taking designs from very talented people, like yourselves. It is definately worthy of respect for both lego, and for you guys, for acting as the middleman aswell, communicating to lego the thoughts of the lego Afol fanbase. So on that personal note, thanks guys.

I would also love to see two large flagships from both themes if these do well - I would have no choice buy to buy them both up. You are both capital ship masters, and it would truely be a sight to see if some were to made into sets.

The sets look great and detailed, not lacking atall. I don't know why some see them so badly :-/

Good job guys ;-)

WOW, what great sets! That head is a parts pack galore, and the theme overall is great! *y*

Fabuland on Bricklink/eBay? Or is it being re-released and I somehow missed the news? :'-) :'-) :'-) :'-)

:'-( Sadly no, and I don't think it will happen :'-( >:-( *n* *n* |-/ *skull* Though if it did, I would buy triples of every set :'-) And the space sets are soooo cool way to go! I especially like the big skull.... :'-)

Of course what we're all really waiting for is TLC to release a Fabuland Space line! ;-)

Seriously though, I'd like to say welcome to Mark and Chris. I've been a fan of your creations for a long time. Thanks guys for all the hard work you've put into these new sets and the other stuff you do as Lego Ambassadors. My initial reaction to the pictures: Awesome!!! *wub* This is the best news for Classic Space fans since the release of Blacktron/Futuron (I liked Space Police as well, but for me it all went downhill from then on)! I love the style of the Star Justice set with it's old skool flyer and base made from modern components. It echoes the original designs featured in the line when it had it's debut back in 1979:

I would buy this one just get those cool new space torsos. This is the kind of thing I had hoped for from Mars Mission but was disappointed. Much better colours! Even if the plans you guys came up with don't include a large craft, I'm just itching to see how big a space ship I can build using all the parts in the set!

And the Space Skulls... anyone who loves anime as much as I do could never get tired of Giant Tentacled Skulls of Doom! Don't listen to the nay-sayers! I'm totally looking forward to picking these up (even though I'll have to jettison a lot of my 2008 wants-list to do so) and also playing with the new parts in LDD and hearing more about your creative process when you guys can finally talk about it!

You've hit the vibe we were going for in teh Justice set. Classic Space ideas brought back. Scooters, rovers, bases, robots and spacehips. Simple space. (with justice.)

Speaking of LDD...

"Warning: if you use this part, you will not be able to check your price or upload to the lego digital designer gallery" is the most annoying thing i've ever seen.

Now, these look beautiful. Good job, Ambassadors! *y*

Actually it stands upright very well. It's actually stable enough that LEGO didn't require it to have a brick stand to hold it up. *skull*

I was curious about that- I couldn't imagine it selling well, because it just looks so fragile. I don't want to see it changed with a ...stand... to help it.

You've hit the vibe we were going for in teh Justice set. Classic Space ideas brought back. Scooters, rovers, bases, robots and spacehips. Simple space. (with justice.)

Ah, now that'll be nice. *y*

Will

Interesting and great that it is very stable, I love the skull mech *wub* The two guns on the front arms are great, and that mini skull is perfect! That big skull is great, I hope those eyes are trans red! :'-)

This is also great for a largely SNOT lego model, we don't get many of those in space.

i really dig the star justice set, its way rad and totally makes me reminisce on my childhood. the space skulls set however looks a little weak as an actual set. i personally wouldn't buy it. the reason is thats its not very spacey, looks more like an alpha team set then a space theme set IMO. besides as many other members have stated before there are all ready too many skull based sets in lego's history and another one is just repetative. Those are my thoughts

Edited by soy ?

I do not like the space skulls much, I am not a fan of the whole consept, but they sure will make great part packs!

If you buy the set and build with the parts, you are playing with it properly. :-)

Interesting and great that it is very stable, I love the skull mech *wub* The two guns on the front arms are great, and that mini skull is perfect! That big skull is great, I hope those eyes are trans red! :'-)

This is also great for a largely SNOT lego model, we don't get many of those in space.

Lucky for us, IT IS TRANS RED!!! *y* *y* *y* *y* Buying Market street first though.... :-/

If you buy the set and build with the parts, you are playing with it properly. :-)

True! I can see all those trans red pieces being used for gory MOCS! >:-)

I admire the design very much of the skull ship, but it is not really my "thing".

Klaus, you must've missed that you are participating in a discussion with the designers of the sets. You're entitled to your opinion but try to express them in a more constructive way, please. Thanks. :-)

Remember, the images we are seeing are only half of what will be available. Each set comes with four models. We are only seeing two of each.

Oh, yes - I didn't know that.

Then excuse me Mr. Giddens and Mr. Sandlin! :'-(

Don't understand me wrong - there are no doubts that you are excellent Lego designers. But I'm a bit disappointed that since you had had a lot of ideas to collect and work to do the sets which will be released are - let's say a bit too imaginative for my liking.

But perhaps Lego will give you the chance to desgin some other sets, too, which will belong to the City, Castle or Wild West theme. ;-) If so I'd be really looking forward to see and buy them! *sweet*

So you're just complaining because you don't like the Space theme.

Ok. :-|

I think there may be a misunderstanding here: I think Klaus-Deiter seems to think that you and Chris are lego set designers instead of just AFOLs and Ambassadors who were asked to design the Factory Space sets (though you also designed the prototype for the Recon Dropship ;-)) because you are Space fans and good builders.

-Chuck

We've been given permission to say a few more things now.

All of the computers and torsos will be stickers. I know that will disappoint a lot of you, but our sets won't be produced in high enough numbers for LEGO to do a large run of printed torsos and computers.

The fun part of the stickers is that I designed them! :-)

Since we knew we would have to use stickers, I was able to design the stickers using Adobe Illustrator and send them to LEGO. One of their designers checked the designs and made some minor adjustments to ensure they would print well, but the stickers are virtually unchanged from my original designs. I tried to keep the "classic space" feel in the sticker designs, using simple buttons and viewscreens with grids. I think you'll enjoy the designs, even though you may be a bit disappointed with them being stickers.

All of the computers and torsos will be stickers.

*Nooooooo*

Oh well, I generally hate stickers in general, so don't mind my complaining. I am sure the set will make up for the torso stickers..... 8-|