agrof

[MOC] Ultra 4 Crawler Buggy - Tested, final release!

I'm glad you've been able to take out all issues :thumbup:! Congrats on a very nice and accessible 4x4 buggy! I hope many will enjoy building it.

Hi @agrof, I remember you are using this 2L bar with tow ball in the steering setup of this model. 

Can you - or whoever knows the answers - tell me how tight the bar end sits 1) in an axle hole?, 2) in the small hole of a 2L pin with friction ridges while that pin is connecting two pin holes?, 3) in the pin side of a half pin which is inserted in a pin hole? and 4) in the knob side of a half pin which is inserted in a pin hole? Would one of these options sit more tight then a pin with tow ball in a pin hole? I'm looking for a way to improve my steering rods in my 4WD buggy. The pin with tow ball I'm using disconnects when the front wheels generate too much traction.

Thanks!

Edited by Didumos69

@agrof was kind enough to borrow me his Ultra 4 buggy to film it, you can see  the result below:

Actually I had the buggy with me for quite a while now but I wanted to find a nice scenic location for it :) I did not change much compared to the original setup, swapped the battery box & IR combo with a BuWizz unit and changed the wheels as these are better for outdoor climbing than the originals. It is a fun little vehicle, enjoyed it very much :)

Very nice video and the scenery is excellent for the buggy.  I gasped when it looked like it had a tumble at one point, it is a long way down!

Having built his Class 1 unlimited with buggy motor conversion which I believe you did, any plans to do that here?  The scale may be too small?

@technic_addict thanks! It actually fell off the wall at some point but had no any issues, it's a very sturdy little vehicle :)

About the mod - the 2 L motors are located in the middle of the vehicle and the whole buggy is very compact, I doubt there's a possibility to swap the motors without changing the overall shape and size. Since it's more of a crawler there's really no point to do that anyway. It would be interesting to test it with other wheels (probably non-LEGO ones) to see what fits the best, and probably gear it down even more for better climbing abilities.

Wow, that was pretty neat, I could never achieve that! :thumbup:

Though I find those wheels oversized, they do the work pretty well. Thanks @kbalage for the footage and the test, I hope You could enjoy that well... but that view, is hard to beat. :wub:

Also congratulations for being interviewed by Blocks Hungary:thumbup: :classic:

Thanks @agrof, glad you like the result :wink: I agree the original wheels look better but unfortunately their climbing abilities are not so good. I enjoyed very much the test and the making of the video, although I'm a bit out of shape so climbing up the hill was a challenge (and also fighting a zillion mosquitoes)  :grin: