Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

1 minute ago, Aegis2000 said:

I kind of wonder if they’ll include the Gauntlet and all stones in the seventh set. It kills wave collectibility for that purpose, but I don’t see them repeating just one infinity stone. 

Maybe... It'll have none? If its a retail exclusive, then its harder to get than any of the other sets. The main sets build up the Gauntlet, this one doesn't need to do that

30 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I kind of wonder if they’ll include the Gauntlet and all stones in the seventh set. It kills wave collectibility for that purpose, but I don’t see them repeating just one infinity stone. 

Unlikely, it will ruin the "collect them all" purpose for the sets. Thanos alone ( with accurate design) will be enough reason for peeps to buy the 7th plus a couple of new figs.

In my opinion it's fine if it is just Thanos without the gauntlet. Atleast the Milano set have the "exclusivity". 

If the 7th set is indeed a summer release like the Civil War one was, I’m hopeful that it’ll include a proper Thanos since the set would have been designed later and it’s possible they had time to fix the figure. 

Lame. Definitely gonna skip. This awful new Hulkbuster looks disproportionately wide and bulky, way worse than Ben Swolo.

18 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

If the 7th set is indeed a summer release like the Civil War one was, I’m hopeful that it’ll include a proper Thanos since the set would have been designed later and it’s possible they had time to fix the figure. 

The problem here is Lego has the designs for thanos with no helmet before they designed the sets. Lego just didn’t make a new mold for him. It’s not like Thor where they hid things for spoiler reasons. They just didn’t do it. With the rumored price of the exclusive set being 50$, I doubt Lego will release thanos unless he doesn’t come with the ganulet or something because it would make the more expensive Milano set obsolete 

edit: there is a larger picture of the hulkbuster d2c box released it has a batteries included stamp on the box so i think it does come with the light up bricks in the chest and hands 

Edited by Falconfan1414

24 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I doubt that it'll be a matter of "fixing" the figure...

Apologies if I missed something, but is there any word on the retailer doing 76106? TRU, Target, or Wal-Mart?

1 minute ago, Azani said:

Apologies if I missed something, but is there any word on the retailer doing 76106? TRU, Target, or Wal-Mart?

I would expect Walmart or Target. Walmart has had a lot of Classic exclusives for the year, but Target got the Sandspeeder. ToysRUs still has the Speed Champions line, but the store isn’t doing so well.

To be honest, I’m waiting for official images to decide anything about the  Hulkbuster.  I don’t like the blue axels showing, possibility is in question, and I could spend about $150 less just buying the minifigure if it is indeed exclusive.

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The problem here is Lego has the designs for thanos with no helmet before they designed the sets. Lego just didn’t make a new mold for him. It’s not like Thor where they hid things for spoiler reasons. They just didn’t do it. With the rumored price of the exclusive set being 50$, I doubt Lego will release thanos unless he doesn’t come with the ganulet or something because it would make the more expensive Milano set obsolete 

edit: there is a larger picture of the hulkbuster d2c box released it has a batteries included stamp on the box so i think it does come with the light up bricks in the chest and hands 

I don’t think there are light up bricks in the hands. If you look closely, it doesn’t seem like there’s room for one. I think there’s just one in the chest. 

The Hulkbuster looks a bit of a WIP to be honest, it feels like they needed more time working on it;

• Chest section appears way too flat despite the attempts made at the 'breasts'
  • The cover of the box seems to be giving the impression of waist articulation, but it does not actually appear to have any
  • The upper arms seem reliant on a single joint piece - this should allow them articulation, but they could sag easily
  • The lower arms have a ball-joint piece and can move up and down
  • The body and legs appear to have an almost identical sort of set-up to the Lego Ninjago Fire Mech but seem to lack articulation that that set had
  • They clearly attempted something with the shoulders, but seemed to give-up, the shoulders are somewhat excusable depending on arm articulation
  • Gold segments should have been smooth and curved rather than flat with stud attachments
  • The visual design of the legs is nice, though they should have been longer
  • The upper legs seem to lack the ability to move forwards or backwards - just outwards
  • No knee articulation seems to be present in the set either
  • Light up chest, hands and knees are nice
  • Effectively a display piece rather than playable
  • A single figure is a joke

I will likely end up getting the set but it needs a promotion to sell it, i've never really brought a set with light-up features before and it could be useful having seemingly five of them (hands, knees, chest) - though this set needs modding heavily. Shall probably add proper leg articulation (Something similar to this), better proportions, colour swapping some of the pieces and a more secure arm articulation (Thinking of using a similar connection as Cole's Quake Mech) along with some other changes. Should hopefully be done modding before the exclusive set so will show when done as long as the set does not sell out instantly and we actually get some good offers :P

2 hours ago, scoiltreasa said:

I'm guessing will be a winter soldier style polybag - exclusive for those that get the D2C set and then available later for a smaller spend threshold. 

I'm massively leaning towards this at the moment ^ Would sort of justify the D2C lacking a figure if you get an exclusive polybag figure with purchase, still should have included more than one figure.

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The minifigure that comes in this set is the Mark 43 leaked at the start of December. The one with a clear head and missing pieces from the chest and legs. 

The version i brought had a generic Tony Stark head, so perhaps it has been changed - either that or i got a spare Tony Stark head :P

15 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don’t think there are light up bricks in the hands. If you look closely, it doesn’t seem like there’s room for one. I think there’s just one in the chest. 

We definitely get a light brick for the chest, it's possible the hands are knees are just glow-in-the-dark smooth stud pieces. Though i think light bricks in the hands and knees would explain the lack of articulation in the knees and justify the price more.

Edited by Scarilian

I disagree with people who think the legs look small, I think, if anything the torso looks undersized and the head looks too small, in fact, I'm wondering if this is a moc, the head doesn't look like the one that leaked before to me... too small

If you guys are looking at the same thing I am it is defiantly fan made, I first found it on a site saying it was the USC but tracked it back to a site that makes it clear it is custom made. If someone could PM me, maybe I can get them the image I have and we can confirm it is the same one everyone else is looking at.

Edited by grimmfreak
typo

11 minutes ago, grimmfreak said:

I disagree with people who think the legs look small, I think, if anything the torso looks undersized and the head looks too small, in fact, I'm wondering if this is a moc, the head doesn't look like the one that leaked before to me... too small

If you guys are looking at the same thing I am it is defiantly fan made, I first found it on a site saying it was the USC but tracked it back to a site that makes it clear it is custom made. If someone could PM me, maybe I can get them the image I have and we can confirm it is the same one everyone else is looking at.

It is a box image that is talked about. It is now on some stories on instagram.

58 minutes ago, grimmfreak said:

43 minutes ago, grimmfreak said:

Okay, my bad, sounds like it's something else then.

I know there was a picture floating around yesterday of a giant Hulkbuster that was open to show Iron Man inside. That’s a MOC, but the picture of the box that we’re all discussing is definitely a real set. 

ive just saw pics on computer screen and Im dissapointed. in that scale they could much better and head-piece should be thinner. pass
edit: they should make something similar using ultrbuild's ironman head
Clipboard_image_2018_02_02_21_54_54.png

Edited by mrcngrck

So, many things to talk about...

I love and don't like new Hulkbuster at once. Love the set, it looks really great. It is perfect, and even light function. What I don't like is that it has only one minifigure from AoU. I also don't like that it is from AoU and not from IW.

So... 7 sets for Infinity War? Six of them coming in March and one in August?

I think D2C is just a wasted spot for Infinity War. We have so many characters left. Hawkeye, Drax, Scarlet Witch, Nebula, War Machine, Bucky, Loki, Hulk and even Ant-Man (if we don't have Ant-Man and The Wasp sets). So I hope the 7th set will be a final battle with upadted Thanos and some of these characters without repeats.

okay, I found it now. I think the legs do look smallish, however, the legs wern't much bigger in the movie as I recall... I think the top of the torso looks bigger than the lower torso in a weird way though (that could easily be corrected by very minor modifications.

For $100 I think I might go for it but if it indeed $160, I will almost certainly take a pass. Looking at it I can't imagine it being worth that much.

I have noticed the lab builds ads not just side-builds, but rather connected to a main base that the Hulkbuster stands on. I like this feature much more, but I still wouldn’t pay more than $120 for this. 

9 minutes ago, grimmfreak said:

okay, I found it now. I think the legs do look smallish, however, the legs wern't much bigger in the movie as I recall... I think the top of the torso looks bigger than the lower torso in a weird way though (that could easily be corrected by very minor modifications.

For $100 I think I might go for it but if it indeed $160, I will almost certainly take a pass. Looking at it I can't imagine it being worth that much.

If you look at pictures of the Hulkbuster from AoU, the legs are extremely thick and almost as thick as the main body at the top. The legs just don’t have the width that they should. 

3 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I have noticed the lab builds ads not just side-builds, but rather connected to a main base that the Hulkbuster stands on. I like this feature much more, but I still wouldn’t pay more than $120 for this. 

I love the base. If you look at the front of the box, it seems that the information tile folds down flat into the base which is interesting to see. I wonder what the two little builds on the work table are...

46 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I wonder what the two little builds on the work table are...

One is a car, the other i believe is a model of Veronica.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

If you look at pictures of the Hulkbuster from AoU, the legs are extremely thick and almost as thick as the main body at the top. The legs just don’t have the width that they should.

Ah, yes, that makes sense now. I wonder if there might be a way to mod the legs that would look right... It would definitely be more difficult than the torso but it might be worth a shot

6 minutes ago, grimmfreak said:

Ah, yes, that makes sense now. I wonder if there might be a way to mod the legs that would look right... It would definitely be more difficult than the torso but it might be worth a shot

Honestly we shouldn't have to mod a UCS set..it should already be accurate given the piece and price of the set. 

Glad to get a ucs fire extinguisher to go  with it :laugh:

though if you look at the picture on the plaque it shows just how undersized the head is on the model, I'm kinda glad its the Hulkbuster since it won't distract me as I have zero interest in this set.

Personally i find it odd for Lego to release two different hulkbusters around the same exact time, if they wanted to do a AoU D2C why not pick Avengers Tower its probably more iconic. Find it ironic Lego has rules the approval process of ideas that a project can't coincide with an already existing product yet they are releasing two sets based on the same thing at the same time