Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

I'll think I'll just get the Sanctum now and perhaps the Thanos' Battle depending on how much I get for my B-day, then the dropship soon after to complete the set. Thors Weapon will be even further. Dunno if I'll be picking up the Hulkbuster and Wakanda Wall, I guess it'll depend on if the latter actually connects to a future set. I also have to save for the HP castle as well, haha.

18 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

are these the confirmed UK prices?

My local toy shop has always put out at RRP so I think it's safe to assume.

So what is 76106? A 170$ D2C set? A 50$ exclusive set? A gap? Not an Infinity War set? Ant-Man and The Wasp set? DC set? Too many rumors :sceptic:

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So what is 76106? A 170$ D2C set? A 50$ exclusive set? A gap? Not an Infinity War set? Ant-Man and The Wasp set? DC set? Too many rumors :sceptic:

We'll have to wait till summer.

4 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I'm a huge fan of the Sanctum (exterior and figs), but the interior is extremely dull :( 

A lot of people (including myself) will be modding the interior to increase the space, surely in the coming month you could find inspiration on how to improve the set for yourself

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

A lot of rumors and information misinterpreted but we really haven’t hear anything about what LEGO marvel sets we are getting this summer so we will just have to wait unfortunately and see what we get.

I cant imagine Lego not giving us a new Hulk fig and its likely that would be in a Wakandan set so probably at least part to connect to the wall set, also im thinking the Hulk is at least one of the spoilerish things they dont want to show yet.

On 20. 2. 2018 at 7:33 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Disney doesn’t own Fox yet. In this case it definitely has to do with the nature of the film. It’s like with Suicide Squad- Lego didn’t make sets for the movie, but released comic book sets when the movie came out that had lots of characters from it (Killer Croc, Katana, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Captain Boomerang). They could theoretically do the same with Deadpool if they wanted to. 

Yes. But Suicide squad characters are owned by DC Comics (Warner Bros.) Lego has licence with them, so its natural they will do the characters, albeit in comic version. On the other side, Deadpool is not owned by Marvel and there is a word that Marvel intentionaly orders toy manufacturers to not make Deadpool toys in order to bring more popularity and sales to the heroes/villains that they actualy own; ie Iron Man, Cap, Thor,...

IMO if Deadpool was entirely Marvel owned, and considering the popularity movies bring, they would arrange with LEGO dozen times to release another set, yeah in comic version but still. However, since they dont, they just dont want him around at all.  Marvel also decided to change the whole story with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and their father, just because Magneto isnt one of Marvel-pwned characters anymore. But thats something else, however its very clear that Marvel doesnt want Deadpool stuff and there is possibly mutual consent between Marvel and Lego to not publish this character. They didnt even include him in the second video game of Marvel superheroes (he was in the first one).

1 hour ago, Mattallica said:

I cant imagine Lego not giving us a new Hulk fig and its likely that would be in a Wakandan set so probably at least part to connect to the wall set, also im thinking the Hulk is at least one of the spoilerish things they dont want to show yet.

Did I miss something? We know Hulk will be in the movie, he’s seen running in the group shot with Cap and Black Panther. How would he be a spoiler?

Anyways, judging by the promotional material and leaked t shirts, all of the prominent heroes who are present on most of the merchandise are already represented in this wave. Characters such as Hulk, Scarlet Witch and Bucky seem to be absent in the marketing more than 50% of the time, but are more likely to appear in this set than the likes of Drax, Nebula, (who’ve both only appeared on one leaked shirt/poster to my knowledge) War Machine, Hawkeye, Wong or Mantis (who’ve all been completely missing)

Although, this isn’t to say this is the case to due other spoiler related reasons. I guess only time will tell. 

Been giving some thought on purchases;

• 76101, 76102, 76107, 76108; Pass until sale/promotion/VIP points
  • 76103; Buying at release IF price is accurate
  • 76104; Might never purchase
  • 76105; Buying with help from VIP points

Most the sets require modding or require the purchase of another set to feel complete, i've already made a lot of investments into fixing 76105 so that will be my main project for now. Sanctum i will mod eventually, but it would be effectively scrapping almost everything in the interior and most the side - and even then it could not be fully accurate as it is a double door in the films.

5 minutes ago, saysonder said:

How would he be a spoiler?

We knew Spider-man was in Civil War, yet they hid the set until later for the sake of 'spoilers' which can only be attributed to the Spider-man figure. We saw Spider-man in March yet had to wait till May for the reveal of the Lego set. Though i agree that the spoiler being Hulk is unlikely, chances are that it's something else

26 minutes ago, Cedric the Brick said:

-snip-

We did get Deadpool's comic form in 2012 and Deadpool Duck in 2017, but i think the idea is that Marvel only want the focus to be on the stuff they are working on at the moment. Sony and Fox likely had more influence in getting the comic book versions of character portrayed in Lego than Marvel does.

9 hours ago, ReZourceman said:

-snip-

Most the prices make sense, except for the Wakanda Wall (£30) - it's got more pieces than the Hulkbuster and is priced $10 higher, yet according to this it is the same price?

2 hours ago, saysonder said:

Did I miss something? We know Hulk will be in the movie, he’s seen running in the group shot with Cap and Black Panther. How would he be a spoiler?

Anyways, judging by the promotional material and leaked t shirts, all of the prominent heroes who are present on most of the merchandise are already represented in this wave. Characters such as Hulk, Scarlet Witch and Bucky seem to be absent in the marketing more than 50% of the time, but are more likely to appear in this set than the likes of Drax, Nebula, (who’ve both only appeared on one leaked shirt/poster to my knowledge) War Machine, Hawkeye, Wong or Mantis (who’ve all been completely missing)

Although, this isn’t to say this is the case to due other spoiler related reasons. I guess only time will tell. 

maybe he has a new look! ? :grin:

and he's probably not the only spoiler

Edited by Mattallica

I know this is a long shot and is very unlikely but what if the spoiler is that Hulk in the trailer was just a placeholder for Red Hulk? I remember watching an interview Mark Ruffalo did saying that the next two Avengers movies will include the Hulks story arc since they can't do a standalone nor want to, so if IW is also part of Hulks story who says Red Hulk isn't part of it? They were going to add Red Hulk in Civil War

5 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

I know this is a long shot and is very unlikely but what if the spoiler is that Hulk in the trailer was just a placeholder for Red Hulk? I remember watching an interview Mark Ruffalo did saying that the next two Avengers movies will include the Hulks story arc since they can't do a standalone nor want to, so if IW is also part of Hulks story who says Red Hulk isn't part of it? They were going to add Red Hulk in Civil War

This is speculation far beyond just the sets. I’d like to hear more about your theory, there’s a Marvel Conematic Universe Thread in one of the community forums. 

30 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Marvel Conematic Universe

I would love to see Marvel cones, cones are my favouritest thing ever

23 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I would love to see Marvel cones, cones are my favouritest thing ever

Dan Aykroyd as Tony Stark, wonderful. Thank you for bringing me this enlightening idea :laugh: 

I don’t even feel like fixing the typo anymore. It’s Eurobricks history now.

23 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

A lot of rumors and information misinterpreted but we really haven’t hear anything about what LEGO marvel sets we are getting this summer so we will just have to wait unfortunately and see what we get.

Do we know when the set is planned to be released? I imagine the set contains some plot spoilers which is why it hasn't been revealed yet so I assume it will be after the movies release. 

17 minutes ago, KaiNinjaOfFire said:

Here is a speed build of the new Guardian's Ship  (Milano? I don't know at this point) 

Great, I have been waiting for the speed builds to arrive. Those are my favorite.

Managed to score 3 of the Sets in John Lewis in the UK today (even more Awesome is that it’s my birthday too)

the Cap and Widow Set was £11.99

the Hulkbuster was £29.99

and the Thor Set was £19.99.

gonna keep checking incase they put anymore out, finding Sets this early in the UK is a huge rarity so was an awesome birthday present to find! Also got both Black Panther Sets; the builds are fantastic but the figures are awful.

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

People in the US check your Walmart’s. I found the hulkbuster smash set for $25 there and they didn’t street date me

I also got the Thanos Ultimate Battle and Thor’s Weapon Quest at my local Walmart today. They had it on the shelves and everything.

8 hours ago, Bobathan Buan said:

Do we know when the set is planned to be released? I imagine the set contains some plot spoilers which is why it hasn't been revealed yet so I assume it will be after the movies release. 

I’m confused on which set you are referring to. There are no confirmed marvel sets for this summer so far. Only the intial 6 infinity war sets and AOU Hulkbuster being released March 3rd.

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN

1 hour ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I’m confused on which set you are referring to. There are no confirmed marvel sets for this summer so far. Only the intial 6 infinity war sets and AOU Hulkbuster being released March 3rd.

Just2Good mentioned that he believed there was eight sets for this theme. He later clarified this as Six normal sets, One D2C Set and One exclusive set.

Later we got a rumored price for the D2C '160.00' and the exclusive set '49.99'.
Later still we got confirmation on the price being lower on what we believe to be the D2C - the Hulkbuster.

It's possible that Just2Good was mistaken on the exclusive set, but given the secrecy behind Infinity War and the missing characters including Drax (and to a lesser extent, Mantis), who is/are arguably needed for the Guardians team, i think chances are high that we are getting a spoiler-filled exclusive set.

On 23/02/2018 at 8:48 AM, Quicksilver838 said:

A lot of people (including myself) will be modding the interior to increase the space, surely in the coming month you could find inspiration on how to improve the set for yourself

Oh yeah? I'd certainly like to see your take on it. I'm thinking of installing a large staircase on the ground floor that attaches via the Technic pin holes on the second floor and can be removed in order to get at the pizzeria on the other side (since I'm putting it in my city on a corner).