Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Corvus Glave alternate face and back print picture is up. There's no big differences when it comes to his face, one angry and the other is grin. Very menacing!

Like @SpiderJazz just said, another pic of Corvus is out. He seems to be holding a scythe weapon from Ninjago (this piece: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=98141&idColor=115#T=C&C=115). If that's what he gets in the set it's disappointing but it's probably the best choice from existing pieces. I hope he gets a new mold for the weapon, though!

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Like @SpiderJazz just said, another pic of Corvus is out. He seems to be holding a scythe weapon from Ninjago (this piece: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=98141&idColor=115#T=C&C=115). If that's what he gets in the set it's disappointing but it's probably the best choice from existing pieces. I hope he gets a new mold for the weapon, though!

So do I, if it's the official one, I'm pretty disappointed 

Yes, me too! It looks as if it can definitely be wielded by a big-fig, and the stones appear to pop in using a pin hole, like the Friends head accessories. I like the concept, though these gems may be easy to lose. We’ll probably get extras in each set!

Edit: It appears it can ONLY be wielded by a big fig. The display/setup its in appears to use  a double-ended Technic pin connector to hold it, which means it isn’t just a big-fig hand.

We’re unable to see ether side of the Gauntlet given part of the pedestal build is in the way, but I’m guessing the Gauntlet holds four stones on the front in a “T,” and one stone on each side.

Final edit: in the zoomed out version of the photo, you can see that the other building the corner of the Gauntlet pedestal is Thanos’ giant sword mentioned in the set description. Not bad, the blade looks like a new piece, maybe?

Edited by Aegis2000

33 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Yes, me too! It looks as if it can definitely be wielded by a big-fig, and the stones appear to pop in using a pin hole, like the Friends head accessories. I like the concept, though these gems may be easy to lose. We’ll probably get extras in each set!

Edit: It appears it can ONLY be wielded by a big fig. The display/setup its in appears to use  a double-ended Technic pin connector to hold it, which means it isn’t just a big-fig hand.

We’re unable to see ether side of the Gauntlet given part of the pedestal build is in the way, but I’m guessing the Gauntlet holds four stones on the front in a “T,” and one stone on each side.

Final edit: in the zoomed out version of the photo, you can see that the other building the corner of the Gauntlet pedestal is Thanos’ giant sword mentioned in the set description. Not bad, the blade looks like a new piece, maybe?

His sword kind of looks like a giant butter knife. I love it! I think that’s how the gauntlet will work as well. 

I love the gauntlet piece! I’m really glad they went with a new mold and new molds for the stones (although I assume figures can’t hold them without one of those 1x1 round tiles with the little bar with a pin hole sticking up). I’m slightly disappointed that you can’t squeeze 5 stones on the front, but they got the general idea across and as long as it can hold all 6 I’m happy! 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

His sword kind of looks like a giant butter knife. I love it! I think that’s how the gauntlet will work as well. 

I love the gauntlet piece! I’m really glad they went with a new mold and new molds for the stones (although I assume figures can’t hold them without one of those 1x1 round tiles with the little bar with a pin hole sticking up). I’m slightly disappointed that you can’t squeeze 5 stones on the front, but they got the general idea across and as long as it can hold all 6 I’m happy! 

I'm sure it will fit 6 stones.

I'm very excited to see Thanos wearing this gauntlet. Lego being lego, you have to buy all of those sets to get the stones. 

I'm very happy to see a new molding indeed. And I'm still hoping for a second Thanos in another set.

Wow that gauntlet is pretty horrible! I like the stone pieces but the gauntlet itself is too bulky and almost cube-like. Would have rather gotten the stones as physical pieces and then the gauntlet as a printed golden hand.

Well if you look on the right side of the glove it looks like another slot for a stone. It won't be too accurate, but it's looking like some stones will fit on the sides as well.

51 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Wow that gauntlet is pretty horrible! I like the stone pieces but the gauntlet itself is too bulky and almost cube-like. Would have rather gotten the stones as physical pieces and then the gauntlet as a printed golden hand.

Everybody has a different point of view, it works for me. I love the effort in making a new mold, as I previously called it that it will happen.

Now I'm hoping that we are also getting a second Thanos that has differnt face printing. 

2 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Well if you look on the right side of the glove it looks like another slot for a stone. It won't be too accurate, but it's looking like some stones will fit on the sides as well.

Correct. I also think that it can fit stones in each side.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

They don’t just give you one or two infinity stones total per set, the give you 4! Also I like the ganulet a lot. 

4 per set? where did you get that information?

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

On instagram, you can see the mold with the stones on it. they are like the knife pieces that come two at a time, but with four of the gems. (all the same color)

MarioPower’s Instagram; there’s a picture of the stones. They come in a set of four within a plastic wheel, much like the older tools used to come in a wheel, or how flowers or ninja stars are packaged.

Mario powers instagram. He posted an image of one of the stones. It comes in a thick circle and you can punch out each stone. Each circle contains 4 of each stone 

It’s awesome that you get 4 of each stone in every set with one! Putting them on a round sprue is interesting. I’m assuming they won’t be like the regular plastic then, and more similar to the old flowers and the knife material. 

1 hour ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Just saw the glove, it looks great! :wub: It’s unfortunate that the figures won’t be able to hold the gems by themselves, but I guess there will always be compromises.

The figures should be able to hold the stones (albeit awkwardly) using this piece: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=136032#T=C

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Woah! Saw it. 

Guess it won't be so hard to collect all those precious stone then.

Probably every set has its own colour gem of course. So you only need to buy every set for completion (just lego strategy)

Absolutely love the gunatlet! It’s not so big as to look ridiculous on Thanos and it’s got just the right level of Lego’s simplified style to work and not look too caricature-y. Can’t wait to collect all the stones and rule the Lego Marvel universe!

20 minutes ago, tonif430 said:

Are we getting a new Milano in the new wave?

Not that has been noted in any descriptions. I wouldn’t expect one as the 2017 one is still on shelves, but then again Civil War introduces a quinjet a year after the Age of Ultron wave.

3 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

The glove looks amazing! It appears you have to swap out Thanos' real hand for the glove in order to put it on him

You infer correctly. Unfortunately this means minifigures won’t be able to wield it.