Darnok

[OCT] An end with a big bang!

With his father still occupied by roasted pig and cold beer, Billy made his way to Old Chens firework shop. Billy had heard that there was a big firework in the making, and wanted to check it out. When he arrived, Old Chen was talking to other Octoberfest visitors:

CKEnpBP.jpg

"Hello young Billy! You come just in time. As I have explained to this fine lady a minute ago, I was about to do a test for tonights show. You might enjoy it. Watch carefully!"

TCCtcX1.jpg

jP9c2jD.jpg

"And off it goes! You can not see much of it in daylight, but watch the sky above town tonight at the ninth hour."

While Old Chen had been occupied with the torch and the rocket, and the bystanders with their attention on this scene, nobody noticed a movemnt behind the house...

dTwJJ54.jpg

yZFaKVF.jpg

Old Chen continued: "Have patience during the fireworks. And pay special attention to the white one: my absolute favourite, witht the fireball looking like diamonds sprinkled all over the sky."

Billy asked: "What white one though?"

"?? ... !!! ... §%§%$§#!"

9oyc2gv.jpg

"Ah well, one less piece of spectacle for everybody else then. I just hope nothing bad comes out of this... still, watch the fireworks, it will still end with a big finale!"

========

Later that night, the settlement of Weelond lay under a full moon.

czFu7AA.jpg

Then, exactly as promised, the firework started, lighting the sky up in all colours of the rainbow:

c0x8dlz.jpg

OtrjmD6.jpg

2g8gKKk.jpg

v5X26rZ.jpg

After a serious of loud explosions, the night fell silent again, but only for a moment...

GjCCmUm.jpg

... before the grand finale ended it all.

Everybody was left awed, and could not wait for next years Octoberfest in Weelond, truly a festivity to remember!

================================================================================================

This is my third entry (of three) for this years Octoberfest mini-challenge. It consists of basically two scenes: the fireworks shop (licensable as a small artisan), and the "city at night" with additional builds for the fireworks.

Sorry @Mesabi, there is no inside of the building, for stability reasons.

The city scene was my first ever microbuild, and while it is not that great, it gets the scene across I was trying to achieve. Building the fireworks was big fun, even though my poor photo skills can not bring them across properly. Take it for what it is: an idea I tried to get done as good as I can. Could it be done better? Of course, but not with what I have in terms of bricks and photography. I hope people enjoy it anyway!

As usual, more pictures hidden by a spoiler tag:

Spoiler

More of the firework shop:

hcD1c9Y.jpg

9GgBD6F.jpg

qgJtwHe.jpg

A close-up of "Weelond at night":

d1SmnFI.jpg

The fireworks seperately:

0t2aOsw.jpg

7vcbkKf.jpg

If somebody wants to use the stolen rocket in a story: please do so, but let me know via PM first.

The fireworks shop will be licensed as a small artisan. First I need more money though.

Edited by Drunknok

Maste Wu, Old Chen was surrounded by pirates, no wonder he lost a rocket.:pir-laugh:

Nice microbuilds, the fireworks are very well built.

Very clever job with the fireworks. I really like the first shot of Old Chen lighting the rocket, and the microbuild with the fireworks in the night sky is really neat. Good job on this and your other entries. 75DBs have been deposited in your account.

26 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

75DBs have been deposited in your account.

That was fast, thank you! I have just licensed all three entries.

Very nice build @Drunknok, you've really been cranking them out! I like the creativity of this build. The whole Fireworks idea was a great end to Oktoberfest.

The use of black headlight bricks and yellow 1x1 round plates for the city silhouette is excellent!  Works really well.

A tip on your photos: just making them slightly smaller would allow us to see them better.  Right now it's easy to miss the forest for the trees, so to speak.  Besides, EB has a requirement that photos be 680 max, I believe.  At least, it used to be something like that.  It's very easy to resize your photos; just double click once they're posted into the body of your post and you'll get a dialog box with resize options!

Oh man! How could I miss that masterpiece!!! Awesome inovative techniques all over and a really intriguing story!!! I really liked that mischievous looking pirate minifig and those great colorful explosions! GZ on winning at Octoberfest and a hefty prize too!

I am so far behind on commenting on builds, but the announcements of winners made me remember I hadn't commented on this one. I really like the small building and action that you have put into the first build. The recently lit firecracker is an excellently done shot. Though the fireworks scene with the microscale town really sets your story and build apart from a normal build. Great job and look forward to more from you.