t-brick

[MOC] Dashing Banshee - YT-1300 Mod

Hello everyone,

This is my design for the LEGO Rebrick Freighter Wars contest (building your own YT Corellian light freighter).

Here's a link to the entry with additional pics: https://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry.

Large.png

The Dashing Banshee is named after the Corellian Banshee bird and upgraded with everything available in terms of speed and concealment. The YT-1300 light freighter was refitted to be used as a courier ship. It is equipped with technology to escape, elude and hide from any pursuer. Sporting no visible weaponry helps to keep a low profile.

The model was designed from scratch in LDD and consists of 5173 parts. I went for a smooth design based on the original YT-1300 with some distinctive modifications. Hope you like it!

Large.png

I love the cockpit with the seats. Should have been used for the new usc falcon. Great work. 

The more I look at it the better it gets. Is the the lxf file available on the posted website or more pics?

Edited by sokewl

Wow - I love this!  I like this more than the good ol' Falcon.  If this were released as the current UCS, I'd buy it.

The coloring is great, the studdlessness but still maintaining great greebling, and the fact that everything seems like it should be there and has a purpose rather than just random extra bits stuck on is really fantastic. Beautifully done!  :wub:

That's gorgeous!  As others have said, I love the studless design and the color scheme.  The TIE-like fins work really well with the overall lines of the ship as well!  Do you plan on building it in the future?  And is the interior detailed at all?  

Best of luck to you man! :)

Looks like a lot of awesome SNOT work involved in that - well done. I love this updated clean "modern" take on the YT-1300 - though not quite 100% on the TIE-like wings. They might grow on me... :wink:

I'd love to see what sort of internal structure you've got underneath that beautiful exterior shell! Can you share any renders with "her" clothes off? :blush: 

Thank you for your kind comments!

There isn't that much to see in the interior. The core is a 16-sided circular polygonal frame build with locking hinges. The shell panels are clipped on (clips and plates with handles). Additionally, a technic frame connects the orthogonal sides and supports the bottom and top covers. Since I don't want to build it right now and it wasn't the focus of the competition I didn't spend a lot of time on the interior, so it's a bit rough now and probably would need some additional strengthening. :wink: 

Glad you like the colors, I spent some time to try out different combinations and find the best look! Also I wanted to try something different than the usual plate based construction and show less studs. So this is how the design evolved! :classic:

Really nice! This contest has really created some great variations, this is in keeping and believable. Lovely details.

Most elegant and sleek! Along with its near studless exterior, the color choices for this creation work quite nicely, and I like the application of those TIE Interceptor-like wings on the sides! :thumbup:

By the way, was the Copper you choose for this creation the newer one introduced in the Winter 2017 wave Ninjago sets?

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Most elegant and sleek! Along with its near studless exterior, the color choices for this creation work quite nicely, and I like the application of those TIE Interceptor-like wings on the sides! :thumbup:

By the way, was the Copper you choose for this creation the newer one introduced in the Winter 2017 wave Ninjago sets?

Thank you! I used the color Nougat/Flesh because it was the best one available in LDD to represent copper.