Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

Adventure MRCA test

Dear all,

Can I ask you to try filling out the new adventure form and give any feedback or questions you may have here? Help much appreciated!

Note: Please fill in "Test" under "mission name".

Form

Adventure rules

Thank you in advance.

/Bregir

Seems alright Bregir. You are going to be swamped when all this starts. Cheers!

Filled one out there, Bregir - looks great to me!  Didn't have any problems or questions about the way it's set up.  You're almost making me change my mind and send out some ships on this instead of the regular MRCA though now... :grin:

I filled one out as well. The only thing that caught me was that the form asks for a URL for the adventure thread before I was expecting to have one posted (i.e., I thought filling the form out would come before I had posted anything). But everything made sense.

Thanks for your input. We still have a slight issue with the troop identification, but the current model should work.

@Capt Wolf: To start an adventure, you need to submit a build. The topic of that build will contain all following builds for that adventure. So the topic should already be posted when you sign up.

(We changed the rules a bit so that a build was required for kicking off the mission too, which may have lead to some confusion? :) )

Seems alright. You could skip the DB section (to simplify things although I believe they enhance rpg/strategy elements) and the troops section is a bit vague/difficult to grasp for the newcomers (given that we don't currently have some troop lists that are public/translation of number of troops per battalion/army/whatever) in my opinion. As an alternative you can just write the number of accompanying troops (which need salaries/food thus reducing your starting DB sum)  but everything else works OK since an adventure needs some thought before you start it :thumbup:

Initially I had the same thought with Cpt Wolf about the build url but it makes sense so that you can't apply for an adventure when you don't have any MOC to start with.