36653436346_f3f841158d_b.jpg

Hi all,

Hope everyone enjoys my trio of Lego Technic Jeeps,

My MOD Jeeps are loosely based on the classic model from the 8865 test car model.

I wanted to create a new version within the same wheel base and track, my first attempt was done in 2004 and was massive. Zoom forward to 2017 and you can see my "red" version. 

Al lot of the product was borrowed for other kits and Lego builders, however they all had masssive modifications in order to make them fit. 

I was happy with the "red" model, however the live axle bowed and the macpherson suspension had to much movement. So last week I decided to see if I could change this and in doing so, I ended with a lightweight chassis version.

believe it or not, these two models share about 15% similarities, everything else is completely redesigned.

enjoy the photos!

Trio of Jeeps

To see more images please view my Flickr albums Lego Tyres Builds

Edited by Legotyres
Adding a photo

wow - they all stick to the ceiling nicely, don't they :)

nice modernisation - they all follow the same very square boxy look with obvious siilarity between studded and studless.

Cheers, That's odd that the image is upside down, it works on my phone. I'll check it out one the computer and see what's happening :grin:

It looks like jeep evolution :thumbup:. Cool trio, but it looks (to me) that gray one's wheelbase is a bit to short for Unimog tires

It plays/ I mean, drives better than the other two.

yeah, it's an evolution, I've made some more changes to the grey one today changing the steering gearing. Not been to happy with it. 

As with all changes, it was a complete rebuild from front, managed to find some more space in order to change the cogs without upsetting the design 

wheel base and track width (without tyres on) are bob on with the exception of the front which has been corrected :wink:

Edited by Legotyres
Adding forgotten information

12 hours ago, Legotyres said:

It plays/ I mean, drives better than the other two.

yeah, it's an evolution, I've made some more changes to the grey one today changing the steering gearing. Not been to happy with it. 

As with all changes, it was a complete rebuild from front, managed to find some more space in order to change the cogs without upsetting the design 

wheel base and track width (without tyres on) are bob on with the exception of the front which has been corrected :wink:

Honestly only important thing is that artist is satisfied with his work. The truth is that I like gray one the most (only with a bit longer wheelbase would be perfect in my eyes). It is lightweight constructed and has nice axle solutions and nice and simple design