Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

Dang, 2018 seems like a jam-packed year. With these and the potential Harry Potter sets, my wallet and shelf space is gonna need a funeral. 

Just now, Hisstori said:

Dang, 2018 seems like a jam-packed year. With these and the potential Harry Potter sets, my wallet and shelf space is gonna need a funeral. 

Lego is really expanding all the amazing themes they have and I am so thankful that all these are coming out. I hope these Junior sets come with a lot of new faces and casual clothes for figures, I loved that the first wave did that.

Its going to be Jurassic Park's 25th anniversary next year, and i know that Mattel is going all out with merchandise for that. So im hoping Lego does sonething for at least the first film in late 2018-2019. Heres to hoping Ian Malcolm has enough of a substantial role in fallen kingdom to get a figure.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

On 24/08/2017 at 11:11 PM, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Its going to be Jurassic Park's 25th anniversary next year, and i know that Mattel is going all out with merchandise for that. So im hoping Lego does sonething for at least the first film in late 2018-2019. Heres to hoping Ian Malcolm has enough of a substantial role in fallen kingdom to get a figure.

From the sources I have, he was only involved in a brief amount of filming. I know bits and pieces on some of his role in the film which I'd share over PM if you are interested. A figure is possible, but I am not sure how likely. That said, a JP 25th Anniversary Set is possible I feel as it is a franchise which constantly has Ideas projects.

On 24/08/2017 at 11:14 PM, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I hope they aren't all vehicle sets as that is what put me off the jw theme.

The Indominus Paddock and Raptor Pen were really nice structure-based sets, so I am hopeful we will see some structural elements although a lot of large vehicles have been seen on set, one of which I imagine we will see in a set.

Logged back in mostly to celebrate this!

I hope for a solid successor to the Indominus set, considering I never had the chance to pick that one up as I wanted to, and likely still won't in 2017. I need me a big paddock :)

If this is going to be true? I will be very excited and happy of this return. More Dinos and ACUs equivalent for my collection. :wub: 

You guys like Raptors right? I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of those.

I missed out on the Indominus last year, so hopefully there'll be another big dino set like that. I would adore a Stegosaurus or somesuch, but that's doubtful as Herbivores don't make very good threats apparently for toy makers. You need a big mouth and lots of sharp teeth really.

Edited by Catanas

11 minutes ago, Catanas said:

You guys like Raptors right? I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of those.

I missed out on the Indominus last year, so hopefully there'll be another big dino set like that. I would adore a Stegosaurus or somesuch, but that's doubtful as Herbivores don't make very good threats apparently for toy makers. You need a big mouth and lots of sharp teeth really.

Which is a bit weird, since Stegosaurus and Triceratops (a personal favourite) both look amazing and threatening, even though they were herbivores. Hopefully we'll get dinos that actually appear in the film (I'm looking at you, Dilophosaurus)!

I know this may seem a little off topic, but, is anyone concerned about the Juniors theme being consumed by licensed properties?

I know that for the most part, the theme does nothing for most AFOLs, but about eight of the nine sets for it in the first half of next year are IP based. Three are JW2 based, three more are based on the Incredibles 2, and both a DC and Marvel one to top it off. With only a single set based upon the Ninjago TV show, this theme seems unfortunately reflective of TLG's product lineup in recent years.

Bottom line, there just seems to be too many IP based products making up Lego's yearly lineup now. :sad:

38 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I know this may seem a little off topic, but, is anyone concerned about the Juniors theme being consumed by licensed properties?

I know that for the most part, the theme does nothing for most AFOLs, but about eight of the nine sets for it in the first half of next year are IP based. Three are JW2 based, three more are based on the Incredibles 2, and both a DC and Marvel one to top it off. With only a single set based upon the Ninjago TV show, this theme seems unfortunately reflective of TLG's product lineup in recent years.

Bottom line, there just seems to be too many IP based products making up Lego's yearly lineup now. :sad:

There are also 2 friends and 2 city ones just so you know. So if we were to look at it as lines which I believe LEGO refers to as 'Evergreen', that would include the friends, City, Ninjago and Superheroes I believe. The 3 JW and 3 Incredibles 2 sets would then be the minority. (I know Superheroes are a licensed thing, but looking at them as evergreen we're probably going to see a few sets in junior every year for them now, which I have no problem with! :P ) So, although there is a strong licensed presence, it's probably not as bad as you think! Admittedly, they did go a bit mad with Cars 3 last year. I wonder how well that sold.

Edited by Catanas

2 hours ago, Catanas said:

You guys like Raptors right? I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of those

Do I like raptors? Well, I'd put the JP raptors as my second favorite movie monster, right behind the Xenomorph, so yes! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Next year does seem to be pointing as IP heavy, but seeing as they all seem to be huge moneymakers, it doesn't surprise me. JW will probably only have one wave, like last time, so it shouldn't stay as heavy once that's said and done. Personally, I don't mind, as a huge pop culture aficionado, but there are certainly some non-licensed themes that deserve another go-around, like Adventurers with Johnny Thunder or a new Space Police.

32 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Next year does seem to be pointing as IP heavy, but seeing as they all seem to be huge moneymakers, it doesn't surprise me. JW will probably only have one wave, like last time, so it shouldn't stay as heavy once that's said and done. Personally, I don't mind, as a huge pop culture aficionado, but there are certainly some non-licensed themes that deserve another go-around, like Adventurers with Johnny Thunder or a new Space Police.

Well, perhaps Lego should just introduce a broad Space/Historical/Action/Adventure conglomerate theme, made up of at least seven sets per year based upon self explanatory storylines with no need for any tie-in media. The sets wouldn't necessarily be interconnected, just standing alone portraying easily understandable situations and scenarios.

As far as Juniors go, I really hope to see a Classic Space themed set, which would potentially give us perhaps some new Trans-yellow canopies and maybe some newly colored Classic Spacemen. Juniors did give us a Castle set in 2014, and a Pirates set the following year, so hopefully something space related will be on the horizon in a few years.

OK, this is way off topic, perhaps someone should start a Juniors 2018 topic for further discussion? :shrug_oh_well:

In terms of the concerns of Raptors, it should be noted that there seems to be ONE Raptor in this film, in addition to a hybrid known as the Indo-Raptor.

In terms of animals, I am thinking we will see Blue, Rexy, A Triceratops, possibly the Dilophosaur again, a Pteradon, and that then leaves roof for potentially one or more new moulds - hopefully a Stego or an Apatosaur, as both have been seen on set.

I truly feel as if this line has potential for new moulds. JW was an incredibly successful film - and I would imagine LEGO were kicking themselves that they didn't produce more sets. As such, I have some faith we will see some new Dino goodies.

New Merchandise is pushing Blue, Rexy and the Trike - so I imagine those three will appear. Maybe Rexy will be done in a more-accurate colour.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

These seem very close to the Jurassic world Sets

Indeed, but with some minor differences.

I am convinced that one of these dinosaurs described as a Raptor is something else which I will not say to avoid a spoiler.

Well apparently these are 100% real according to mario power....which if true is just disappointing. They use most of the same molds as before nothing new 

Edited by Falconfan1414

On 10/24/2017 at 2:31 PM, LegoFan117 said:

I hope these are inaccurate as I want more than pre-existing moulds.

http://jurassicoutpost.com/lego-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-set-descriptions-possible-spoilers/

I love Lego dinosaur sets, but these sound a bit disappointing. Only one raptor in a €40 set? Euro prices are usually the same as US dollar prices, and in the last wave we got a $40 set with two raptors. I’m still holding out hope for a mosasaur. That submarine scene sounds amazing and I would love a Lego version of it! I’m also hoping for a stegosaurus or a sauropod like a brachiosaurus or apatosaurus, but those molds would be the size of Smaug and probably drive set prices way up. Maybe the Juniors line will have new molds? 

On 26/10/2017 at 2:46 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I love Lego dinosaur sets, but these sound a bit disappointing. Only one raptor in a €40 set? Euro prices are usually the same as US dollar prices, and in the last wave we got a $40 set with two raptors. I’m still holding out hope for a mosasaur. That submarine scene sounds amazing and I would love a Lego version of it! I’m also hoping for a stegosaurus or a sauropod like a brachiosaurus or apatosaurus, but those molds would be the size of Smaug and probably drive set prices way up. Maybe the Juniors line will have new molds? 

Agreed! If pricing is same for less compared to the JW sets, I will be angry.