Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

On 8/29/2018 at 4:24 AM, MakkaG15 said:

Hey i ordered the new Lex Luthor Mech is it good? is it worth it?

It very much is worth it. All minifigs start out unique (although we are at least getting more of the Batman design), the mech is actually one of the better mech builds LEGO has released in recent years, and the price-per-piece is pretty solid, even at normal price.

Hey everybody, absolute newbie to the forum, but seasoned afol ! Could not find any reference to this in the forum so had to share ! New DC Superheroes Visual Dictionary out September 6th, complete with Yellow Lantern Batman !

https://www.dk.com/uk/book/9780241320037-lego-dc-super-heroes-visual-dictionary/

Found it on Amazon first, went to DK site to confirm !!!!!

61knMx0a52L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by Tuscan
Image insert

4 hours ago, Tuscan said:

Hey everybody, absolute newbie to the forum, but seasoned afol ! Could not find any reference to this in the forum so had to share ! New DC Superheroes Visual Dictionary out September 6th, complete with Yellow Lantern Batman !

https://www.dk.com/uk/book/9780241320037-lego-dc-super-heroes-visual-dictionary/

61knMx0a52L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Must buy!

Hopefully more books come out next Year.

I like the idea of 100 ideas for DC sets (star wars has one coming out) 

19 hours ago, Tuscan said:

It was discussed some pages back, there was a brief concern the torso was a reprint of Sinestro (it’s slightly different)

Picked up the Knightmare pack at the lego store yesterday and that Batman minifgure is one of the best DC minifigures in a long time! So detailed! I know this was probably only because they had a lot of paredemoms lying around but I really hope they do these with future dc movies. I can see an Aquaman one because they probably have a lot of the Atlantean guards. They could either include an exclusive Aquaman or Ocean Master (I know we all want).

Ordered Knightmare Batman; super excited now for arrival!

I'm not getting the Sinestro Corps Batman just yet (waiting for a good Amazon price drop), but I have seen the close-up pics for details and differences from Sinestro. Mainly, the "belt" area is whiter than the pure yellow on Thaal's torso, and the yellow on his boots points upwards whereas Sinestro's curve slightly downwards. There is a touch more muscle detailing, but nothing too different. Obviously, the face is different from different Batman faces, with the yellow eyes most prominently, but the "neutral" face is a different mouth shape than we've seen on him before as well.

I just had an idea.

Next Saturday (September 15th) is Batman Day, so maybe we could see a set reveal then. It is around the time of year when reveals start to come out, so would it really be out of the question? Plus, the next wave of DC sets is rumored to be mostly Batman based (with maybe one Shazam set) so a reveal of something on Batman Day wouldn't be surprising.

Also, this is off topic, but the 15th is also the day DC Universe goes live, and I will be binge watching Batman movies and tv shows.

52 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

Knightmare Batman is out for delivery in my area. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Got him yesterday. Very nice figure. Was thinking which vehicle he would use. The bike in the Harley/Deadshot set or the first Bat buggy seem best right now.

30691614118_327d50ea16_c.jpg

I am really digging this pack. Here's hoping we get more movie packs like this in the future; I'd be down for a couple of Amazons and a Themyscira or civilian-clothes Wonder Woman, should they do another one.

9 hours ago, BaneShake said:

30691614118_327d50ea16_c.jpg

I am really digging this pack. Here's hoping we get more movie packs like this in the future; I'd be down for a couple of Amazons and a Themyscira or civilian-clothes Wonder Woman, should they do another one.

Love it, I ended up purchasing 2 packs. 

Great design. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Drew said:

The fig is great and all, but I am in love with that Joker card tile piece.

Do you get any extra in this set?

No, it’s just the parts you need for the build.

On 9/9/2018 at 11:43 AM, Mountain Drew said:

The fig is great and all, but I am in love with that Joker card tile piece.

Do you get any extra in this set?

If you don’t build the gun, you do. :tongue: 

Just got this set. The Batman minifig is awesome, great print 

Edited by Vindicare

I know I'm a bit late, but happy Batman Day everyone.

With DC Universe going live and our first good look at Batman in The Lego Move 2, it truly was a memorable one.

I'm so happy that we live in a world where the greatest superhero of all time can get his own day.

Edited by Mountain Drew

You know, I was sort of hoping they would do something similar to the Knightmare Batman for the TLM2 Batman design, just as a little nod to BvS.

But I guess it doesn't really matter now that we have the Knightmare Batman AND this other post-apocalyptic Batman as minfigs.

Anybody want to take bets on what they'll reveal during NYCC? My money is on the Shazam set, the Captain Marvel set, and a ton of TLM2 stuff.

Could someone who has the new Aquaman from the movie set put his legs onto the comics-version upper-half?  I want to see if those scaly-shiny green legs look good on him :angel_sing: because I really like that Mera but am not sure if I want to brinklink her or just snag the set.  

4 hours ago, retrotaco said:

Could someone who has the new Aquaman from the movie set put his legs onto the comics-version upper-half?  I want to see if those scaly-shiny green legs look good on him :angel_sing: because I really like that Mera but am not sure if I want to brinklink her or just snag the set.  

Conveniently for you, my nostalgic-time crunchy-shelled friend, I did that exactly when I picked up the set in August. Here ya go! :classic:

42283958310_d5d13eb15d_c.jpg

7 hours ago, retrotaco said:

Thank you!  That looks perfect, that settles it for me! :sweet:

I agree; I'll be ordering a spare pair to keep on him, unless next year's figure has something similar.

I'm finally getting around to ordering the armored Batman from the app-controlled set, alongside of the bat-cessories that come in that set as well. I'm gonna play around with the pieces; I have a couple of spare metallic-silver arms I'm replacing the plain black arms with, and I'm pretty likely to put a black cowl on it as well, depending on how I think it looks.