Sign in to follow this  
Sariel

Ford Raptor 15 KPH Trophy Truck

Long story short, I felt the need to improve on my two earlier models - BJ Baldwin's Trophy Truck (which looked awful because of the wrong proportions) and Tatra Dakar Truck (which was too tall and unstable at high speeds) - and thus this model was created. Essentially, my plan was to re-use the Tatra's propulsion system (2 x Lego RC motor + 2 x SBrick + 2 x Lego 8878 battery) in a lower, more stable chassis, and to add a body looking like a proper trophy truck on top of it, keeping the whole thing as light as possible. The finished model weighs just 997 grams and reaches a top speed of 15 KPH (with 120 grams added in form of a camera).
Top speed was measured using GoPro 5 camera with GPS enabled.

Photos & some readinghttp://sariel.pl/2017/06/ford-raptor-trophy-truck/

Video:

Not sure what you're getting at. I've made maybe ten 4K videos so far, almost all of them being Lego reviews. Editing at 4K is too taxing for my computer to use it for all videos.

Then again, I've seen a 240p video at EB last week.

Great build, Sariel. It'd take me at least two months of trial and error just to come close to anything remotely as compact and efficient.

I've always loved your videos and with each one you seem to get better and better.

Just now, TechnicRCRacer said:

Do the old wheels wear out dast?

I'd say they get dirty faster that wheels with rubber tires, but I haven't noticed any unusual wear. Very small stones sometimes get stuck in them, but that's because of the tread.

Looks good and performs well! I especially like the rear wheel arches :wink:I'm glad to see theres more than just my brother and I doing them. 

Nice build! those old tires look surprisingly good!

Great speed too, I have seen some great MOCs like this recently, but they didn't have enough speed to be as amazing as yours!

Oh, and great video too :grin:.

Edited by mocbuild101