Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I don't think so. The Sandy bigfig from Monkie Kid has molding in orange, magenta, white, and medium azure (all on the front section of the preassembled bigfig body). That said, the toucan is a lot smaller, making the multicolored molding that much more impressive.

I mean, Sandy is NOT an animal. So I would say toucan is a first to be a triple-molded nomral…

The owl comes in a new colour in 76396 Hogwarts Moment: Divination Class or rather in comes in that colour without a print for the first time. More use to moc builders than me, but better than nothing I guess :shrug_oh_well:

4 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The owl comes in a new colour in 76396 Hogwarts Moment: Divination Class or rather in comes in that colour without a print for the first time. More use to moc builders than me, but better than nothing I guess :shrug_oh_well:

It is indeed interesting that a few animals get the ‘printed and not-printed’ variants, and owls seem to get lots of variety. By my reckoning the plain current owl now exists in white, tan, reddish brown and dark grey, as well as the gold flying owl. So many owl statues! 

Owls by now must have more variants then parrots, still hoping for some new sitting hawk/falcon type of bird, and maybe a larger one for eagles, last time LEGO made a solid colored parrot was 2019 in white , or coral/turqoise dual in the same year, and that updated version never got a printed one.

Dual moulded parrot might look interesting if they can do a grey or white head on a brown body, even though its somewhat random outcome on the color mix.

Edited by TeriXeri

9 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Owls by now must have more variants then parrots, still hoping for some new sitting hawk/falcon type of bird, and maybe a larger one for eagles, last time LEGO made a solid colored parrot was 2019 in white , or coral/turqoise dual in the same year, and that updated version never got a printed one.

Dual moulded parrot might look interesting if they can do a grey or white head on a brown body, even though its somewhat random outcome on the color mix.

The current ‘big beaked’ parrot mould is available in solid white and solid dark grey, as well as the three marbled options.

I agree a hawk / falcon would be good to have, and a sitting eagle. Really wanna see the eagle in a ‘golden eagle’ variant too! We are still relatively-poorly served by birds in Lego form. 

10 hours ago, williejm said:

We are still relatively-poorly served by birds in Lego form. 

Yes still waiting for my pigeons (and crows for that matter), however with all the animals we have gotten in the last couple of year I have hope we will see them soon :excited:

On 1/5/2022 at 7:38 AM, Roebuck said:

Yes still waiting for my pigeons (and crows for that matter), however with all the animals we have gotten in the last couple of year I have hope we will see them soon :excited:

Crows or ravens would have been really good in the haunted houses we've been getting. They could have been used in Hidden Side as well. It would have added to the appeal for that theme.

On 1/6/2022 at 5:00 PM, Jiesdeo said:

Crows or ravens would have been really good in the haunted houses we've been getting. They could have been used in Hidden Side as well. It would have added to the appeal for that theme.

I'm pretty sure that we got crows or ravens at one point. They are in lego worlds.

27 minutes ago, Tcm0 said:

I'm pretty sure that we got crows or ravens at one point. They are in lego worlds.

We haven’t got them yet! Other things like pigeons, badgers and lions (the latter of which we now have) showed up in Lego digital media before real life 

Edited by williejm

Wait I’m little confsu thought we have a crow that came with scarecrow minifigure in CMF line?

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Wait I’m little confsu thought we have a crow that came with scarecrow minifigure in CMF line?

That’s not a ‘real’ animal, it’s attached by a pin like an adornment on the hat (and is relatively very small), like a bow or feather would be 

Edited by williejm

41 minutes ago, williejm said:

That’s not a ‘real’ animal, it’s attached by a pin like an adornment on the hat (and us relatively very small), like a bow or feather would be 

Ah! Gotcha!

Have been wondering about the new toucan showing up just when the Disney Encanto movie (set in Colombia, featuring some toucans) came out. It’s *such* an adorable Lego animal, I wonder if a recolour for the species in the movie (keel billed, with a lime green beak and yellow chest) might happen. I know, I’m greedy. 

Edited by williejm

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

The new City animals are up on B&P :moar:

Awesome, thank you so much for the heads up - I was able to order most of the ones I wanted! I missed the dark orange squirrel (already shows out of stock here...) and got only one dark orange horse (last one in stock, seemingly). :shark:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The new City animals are up on B&P :moar:

I’m starting a crowdfunder to pay for my credit card bill this month 🐎🐿🐱🐢

On 1/9/2022 at 11:10 PM, williejm said:

It’s *such* an adorable Lego animal, I wonder if a recolour for the species in the movie (keel billed, with a lime green beak and yellow chest) might happen. I know, I’m greedy. 

Doubt this because it's an angular, city-style animal, as opposed to the Friends more rounded style.

9 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Doubt this because it's an angular, city-style animal, as opposed to the Friends more rounded style.

Know what you mean, but we do also have Disney CMFs which are not minidolls. Also we do often get things in themed timings, so, for example, it could be a BAM version 

5 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Sometimes Friends uses minifig animal moulds like the owl and hen, but it is not often and they probably have the budget to make it themself in friends-style if they want it bad enough :shrug_oh_well:

On 1/4/2022 at 6:34 PM, Roebuck said:

Is it not the same as the owls from around 22 years ago when Harry Potter sets had yellow minifigs? I have white and tan owls with no printing from then

11 minutes ago, Killian said:

Is it not the same as the owls from around 22 years ago when Harry Potter sets had yellow minifigs? I have white and tan owls with no printing from then

Does not seem so.
According to brickset, the design on the left was produced between 2001 and 2008, and then the mould was updated to the design on the right.

2824.png
(photo from Bricklink)

If this list shared to City forum is right - some interesting sets due this summer 

60344-Gallinero(101 pieces)

60345-Farmers Market Van(310 pieces)

60346-Barn and Farm Animals(230 pieces)

60353-Wild Animal Rescue Missons(246 pieces)

So we should assume chickens (maybe a new rooster) in 60344

I guess some reissued or recoloured farm animals (sheep? Pig? Foal?) in 60346 

60345 - who knows? 

and who knows what the wildlife set could be!

Edited by williejm

Oh my, new animals available on B&P, sets obviously featuring other animals announced...what a great day! :pir-stareyes: