Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

Getting off topic - but I have seen ‘grown ups’ elsewhere complaining about animal toys being ‘too accurate’, in having genitals etc. I guess they hanker back to the days when the female was easy to define with eyelashes and a bow on its head ;)

I like that the tiger model is more ‘realistic’, and really it’s no different to including dog/monkey poop pieces in sets…

On 12/2/2021 at 8:16 PM, Roebuck said:

We get:

• a new squirrel in 3 colours in at least 5 sets

I counted 4 colours on Brickset : dark brown, caramel brown, black and grey.
That's a great collection !

2 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

I counted 4 colours on Brickset : dark brown, caramel brown, black and grey.
That's a great collection !

Not sure that’s correct. 

9 minutes ago, williejm said:

Not sure that’s correct. 

Yes, it is brown, not dark brown
- brown : 60316 ; 60330
- caramel brown : 60317 ; 60326
- black : 60326
- grey : 60329

I know the real name is not "caramel brown" but I don't know the LEGO appelation for this color.

Pretty sure all the ‘brown’ squirrels we have seen are the same colour… maybe I’m missing something?

(and I’m pretty sure they are all ‘dark orange’, same as the new horse and foal)

6 minutes ago, williejm said:

Pretty sure all the ‘brown’ squirrels we have seen are the same colour… maybe I’m missing something?

(and I’m pretty sure they are all ‘dark orange’, same as the new horse and foal)

I see the same colour in 60316 and 60330 and a different colour in 60317 and 30326.

13 minutes ago, williejm said:

Hello @williejm!

I reckon you’re right: they’re all the same. Specifically, I think they’re what BrickLink calls dark orange.

In fairness to @notpennysboat, it can sometimes be hard to tell with LEGO’s renders what colours actually are due to the simulated lighting/shadows.

Edited by AmperZand

5 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

Hello @williejm!

I reckon you’re right: they’re all the same. Specifically, I think they’re what BrickLink calls dark orange.

In fairness to @notpennysboat, it can sometimes be hard to tell with LEGO’s renders what colours actually are due to the simulated lighting/shadows.

Oh yeah, totally agree it’s a nightmare making sense of the colours from renders. I miscalled the turtle, horse, and foal at least. Like, don’t they know we care about this stuff? They should make it simpler for us!

I live in ‘ginger’ squirrel territory in Scotland, so I’m glad to see them in that colour … would hate for the greys to dominate!

10 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

Hello @williejm!

That's too bad, I really thought there was another colour, especially on 60316 where it looks well darker than 60317 and 60326.

Thank you all of you !

Anyway, I still want them all !

Edited by notpennysboat

Three colors is still a pretty strong debut for a new animal! And the new City sets have that twice—three colors of squirrel AND three colors of kitten! With any luck there might be additional colors available through build-a-mini at some point like there have been for several types of cats and dogs!

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Three colors is still a pretty strong debut for a new animal! And the new City sets have that twice—three colors of squirrel AND three colors of kitten! With any luck there might be additional colors available through build-a-mini at some point like there have been for several types of cats and dogs!

Indeed. It’s a notable increase in animals that have more commonly come in just one or two colours. In recent years City has for example given us two colours of bulldog, and two colours of retriever as ‘debut’ animals.

Fun crossover fact - the three new kittens are white, dark orange and dark grey - which are the same colours as the three kittens in Disney’s Aristocats. 

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Hope there'll be a white squirrel at some point

We will probably get a green or blue one with a Mohawk first though ;)

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Or a deadpool one for sdcc

1 hour ago, williejm said:

@RichardGoring This is what I was talking about. It’s not just a foal with Mohawk. :)

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

@RichardGoring This is what I was talking about. It’s not just a foal with Mohawk. :)

Do you mock me, sir? 😛

No animals forthcoming in the new modular. Not even a squirrel up the palm tree 🥲

15 minutes ago, williejm said:

Do you mock me, sir? 😛

No animals forthcoming in the new modular. Not even a squirrel up the palm tree 🥲

I intend to rectify that - modulars are begging for a squirrel invasion.  Now if only they do a proper raccoon for the back alley garbage bins.

Edited by alvinofdiaspar

3 minutes ago, alvinofdiaspar said:

I intend to rectify that - modulars are begging for a squirrel invasion.  Now if only they do a proper raccoon for the back alley garbage bins.

Right? There’s a croissant in that dumpster going to waste! Raccoons, pigeons and foxes long overdue in my opinion. Like have you *seen* how much food goes to waste there? There’s usually a banana and/or a fish in every rubbish bin!

1 minute ago, williejm said:

Right? There’s a croissant in that dumpster going to waste! Raccoons, pigeons and foxes long overdue in my opinion. Like have you *seen* how much food goes to waste there? There’s usually a banana and/or a fish in every rubbish bin!

At least we have seagulls, which in my area of the world are basically raccoons with wings.

38 minutes ago, williejm said:

Do you mock me, sir? 😛

No sir! I was just proving Richard that you are a fan of aniamls with Mohwaks. :) 

oh, what a shame… I will call upon squirrels to attack modular desginers. 

20 minutes ago, williejm said:

Agreed. 

We will have Raccoon Costume minifigure and I will dump that minifigure into dumpster. Sorry i can’t help myself but I just like trash talking. :) 

21 minutes ago, alvinofdiaspar said:

At least we have seagulls, which in my area of the world are basically raccoons with wings.

I will not hear of such disparagement 

7 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

No sir! I was just proving Richard that you are a fan of aniamls with Mohwaks. :) 

oh, what a shame… I will call upon squirrels to attack modular desginers. 

Agreed. 

We will have Raccoon Costume minifigure and I will dump that minifigure into dumpster. Sorry i can’t help myself but I just like trash talking. :) 

Hahaha, yes, the Raccoon minifig will make an appearance in my laneway in the near future! :)

18 minutes ago, alvinofdiaspar said:

Hahaha, yes, the Raccoon minifig will make an appearance in my laneway in the near future! :)

Dunno, a grown up hanging out in alleys dressed as a raccoon is pretty dodgy …