Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

5 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

It's clearly a tease that it's coming.

I hope it means we get it in the village set next year, but anyway it is just a matter of time now :wink:

I dunno, I enjoy the goat teasing. It’s nice to see a corporation having a bit of fun with fans like this. I will miss it when it’s over. 

8 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Oh, I agree. The teasing is fun. And there are so many more animals I wish they'd do before a goat.

Me too. But I also think a goat is one of the pretty standard animals that should exist and be routinely scattered into sets (see also duck, pigeon, fox & crow). I’d rather we were getting excited over more exciting animals, but had the base complement we should have. 

5 hours ago, williejm said:

Me too. But I also think a goat is one of the pretty standard animals that should exist and be routinely scattered into sets (see also duck, pigeon, fox & crow). I’d rather we were getting excited over more exciting animals, but had the base complement we should have. 

Yup. Duck, pigeon, fox, and crow are all higher on my list than the goat. Along with a modern take on a crab and parrot with printed eyes to match the lobster and other birds.

Oh, and fish.

I wonder if they'd ever consider redoing the frog. Probably too iconic to change at this point. And too useful for other things.

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Yup. Duck, pigeon, fox, and crow are all higher on my list than the goat. Along with a modern take on a crab and parrot with printed eyes to match the lobster and other birds.

Oh, and fish.

I wonder if they'd ever consider redoing the frog. Probably too iconic to change at this point. And too useful for other things.

Yeah I think we have all given up on Lego having any consistency on that though, right? Just look at the lobster, crab, hermit crab mis-match! 

I’m actually a fan of ‘plain’ animals that can be used in different ways, but we have so many in the one style now - it seems daft not to update. The Little Mermaid sets would have given an opportunity to redo the crab and fish, yet they chose not to. 

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I know Roebuck will say “no” to a new frog mold for sure. Ally ways, desginers love suing the frog mold in different ways in any color. Pink frog for cherry blossoms, white frog for lion dancers from CNY), etc. 

I would like to see them redoing bat and octopus. I agree with Williejm on missed opportunity on fish and crab in TLM.

Set 76430 in the Harry Potter theme next year is apparently called Hogwarts Owlery. 

I’m guessing the old resting and flying owl molds in at least one preexisting color each and the debut of the adorable smowl in its first regular set. 76430 is actually somewhat weak on the price per piece ratio, so we’re actually probably looking at multiple colors for each mold. 

Add in the rumor that the new version Hagrid’s Hut will feature a new mastiff mold for Fang and Harry Potter promises to be a great theme for animal lovers this March!

16 hours ago, williejm said:

I dunno, I enjoy the goat teasing. It’s nice to see a corporation having a bit of fun with fans like this. I will miss it when it’s over. 

Imagine if Goat Suit Guy shows up in CMF S25

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Set 76430 in the Harry Potter theme next year is apparently called Hogwarts Owlery. 

I’m guessing the old resting and flying owl molds in at least one preexisting color each and the debut of the adorable smowl in its first regular set. 76430 is actually somewhat weak on the price per piece ratio, so we’re actually probably looking at multiple colors for each mold. 

Add in the rumor that the new version Hagrid’s Hut will feature a new mastiff mold for Fang and Harry Potter promises to be a great theme for animal lovers this March!

HermioneGranger_PM_B4C28M1_HermioneOpeni
Owls Owls OWLS :tongue:

28 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

And animals in the forbidden forest set too.

Very true, but the likelihood of any of those being ‘normal’ animals is rather slim. We already know it includes a Hippogriff, and other preexisting magical creatures they could work with would be the Pygmy puff, Niffler, baby Thestral (but no budget for an adult), pixies, and Grindylow (although that one seems unlikely since it’s aquatic). Given the price and the fact that lego has introduced small or medium sized animals in Harry Potter sets like this before (even alongside a preexisting large animal - see the Thestral Carriage) I wouldn’t completely discount a new mold of some sort, but it would still be a magical creature. The most I would expect as far as regular animals go is a couple bats or spiders. 

That said, as someone who loves fantastic beasts just as much as regular animals, I’m very excited for this set. 

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Add in the rumor that the new version Hagrid’s Hut will feature a new mastiff mold

FalconFan states a moulded Norbert in this set as well!
I can't envision it being a reuse of the ugly one from 2001-2016, and the recent Ninjago Riyu mould does not look like Norbert at all. So most probably new mould IMO!

35 minutes ago, LegoDakin said:

There is always the unicorn to be released with Harry Potter potentially

That was my first thought too when I read about the Forbidden Forest set! But given the price of the set, the unicorn will probably come from somewhere else...

Edited by Aurore

Hopefully we get some smowl recolours! I might actually pick up a Harry Potter set if that is the case. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Goat Suit Guy with a goat would be the G.O.A.T., but I suspect that LEGO will wait until sometime after the Medieval village releases to put a goat in a CMF Series (since it is likely going to be a selling feature of the village). Maybe Series 26 in 2025? 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

26 minutes ago, Aurore said:

FalconFan states a moulded Norbert in this set as well!
I can't envision it being a reuse of the ugly one from 2001-2016, and the recent Ninjago Riyu mould does not look like Norbert at all. So most probably new mould IMO!

I knew about the new baby Norbert, I just wasn’t sure if we were counting fantasy creatures like dragons here. Norbert is actually one of my favorite parts of the first book/movie so I’m excited to see him represented properly. The original Hagrid’s Hut is one of the few sets I’ve never had, so I don’t own the original Norbert, but I’ve got the dark green one from the 2010 set and the 2005 graveyard duel with the black baby dragon finials on the gate, and the piece looks more like a mutant pterodactyl than anything in the Harry Potter movies. Norbert’s very much overdue for a remake and I’m eager to see how lego does it after all these years. 

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Or a goat patronus in a Harry Potter set …

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Goat Suit Guy with a goat would be the G.O.A.T., but I suspect that LEGO will wait until sometime after the Medieval village releases to put a goat in a CMF Series (since it is likely going to be a selling feature of the village). Maybe Series 26 in 2025? 

I think he means a goat suit, but not with a goat, for teasing purposes.

8 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

And animals in the forbidden forest set too.

What kind of animals, exactly? Unicorn, i hope… NOT that poor dead one. 

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

What kind of animals, exactly? Unicorn, i hope… NOT that poor dead one. 

Given the size and price of the Forbidden Forest: Magical Creatures set, and the fact that it’s already reported to contain a Hippogriff, it’s highly unlikely any of the other creatures in the set will be horse sized, unfortunately. We’ll have to keep our eyes set on something smaller if we’re hoping for a new mold in this set. 

My prediction is that we'll get a child peasant with a baby goat in the CMF (otherwise known as the "kid battle pack"). Then, get get a brand new goat mold that can be used in the Market Village, new prints that can also be reused, and act as a tease for the Market Village (like how the troubadour parts were reused for/teased the Lion Knights' Castle). Plus, then we have a cute chase character that might be able to help sell blind boxes, like the space baby did earlier this year. Everyone wins!

Given the size and price of the Forbidden Forest: Magical Creatures set, and the fact that it’s already reported to contain a Hippogriff, it’s highly unlikely any of the other creatures in the set will be horse sized, unfortunately. We’ll have to keep our eyes set on something smaller if we’re hoping for a new mold in this set. 

Darn it. I wish w would have a unicorn. Ah, well we have to wait and see. 

As we know we have a molded baby dragon Riyu from Ninjago, there is a rumor there wil be a big dragon Riyu but it won’t be molded (not surprised). 

What is your prediction for animals in Series 25?

for me, it would be raw, pigeon and sheep (obviously not new but seriously, I want shepherd with a crook!).

5 hours ago, Lion King said:

(obviously not new but seriously, I want shepherd with a crook!).

I’m still shocked that hasn’t been done yet, honestly. Not only does the sheep exist now, but they made a crook part for Bo Peep in the Toy Story 4 sets. They’d just need to recolor it. At this point they could do a shepherd with a crook, sheep/lamb, and a new sheepdog mold without being wildly out of budget for a standard cmf character. It seems like such a straightforward choice.